1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

the NICEST things people do or say

Sep 2, 2009

1. My friend and co-worker Raquel is in love with my MnM Rob Pattinson. She calls him Edward because she's a Twilight fan. Right now he's a floating head and I am waiting on his body. She's very impatient as we wait on his body; I think she's more impatient than me. She asks every day. I have to remind her it can a very long wait. She's already told me I have to take him to work so he can sit with her at her desk. She asks how he's doing... It's just really cute to me. My doll has a fan. :whee:

2. Hmmm... I've had a few. One of my top favorites so far was this year at ShutoCon. Todd Haberkorn, who voices Allen Walker in the anime D.Grayman, complimented the DoC Hoo I painted up to look like Allen, who is owned by my friend RaijiMagiwind. I wasn't there, unfortunately, but still pretty cool, IMO.

When I carry my dolls around (usually at cons) I get stopped pretty often. I've missed panels because of it... but I honestly don't mind because I could chatter about my dolls for hours. :P

3. This is the nicest thread on DoA, full stop! I hope that something similar happens to me in the future :D

4. I don't have my doll yet, so I don't have any stories to report, but I really enjoy this thread! It makes me happy to read about all the wonderful people and their reactions to new things, and the wonderful pieces of artwork that are BJD. It also makes me feel less self-conscious about getting into this hobby. Thank you to the OP for starting this thread!

5. I have two.
      the first one is a lady stopped me on the street on the way to a convention asking if i had created the doll to look like Bennidict cumberbatch who plays sherlock. I hadn't seen it before but now i really do.
      and the second one is when i was at a cosplay picnic on center island in Toronto I had an entire japanese family stop me and a friend because they loved our dolls and recognized them.

6. Actually, all my dolls that did not have strange features (red eyes, creepy faces etc) usually received nice reaction from strangers on the street and are actually very fascinated with my dolls. I have heard some whisperings of "OMG CREEPY" when they saw a doll I used to have with bright red eyes. > < hehe.

If I am stopped somewhere at a park and I have them out and am taking photos of them a lot of people who like them also ask if they can take photos too. I am paranoid they would run off with them but it has always turned out ok, hahaha. They keep asking about information about the dolls and I've actually directed them to the main company website they're available at. > < I explained to them though that the dolls on the website will not look like mine as I had asked someone else to do their make-up. I told them they are not cheap at all. ^^;; I guess they know after they see it online LOL.

I don't know if any of them ever ended up buying one though. :)

7. Hmm... I would have to say that since I value my sister's opinion a whole heap.. it was with the arrival of my first doll.

I remember her commenting once or twice beforehand, when I mentioned that I was going to get a bjd, that she finds bjds a bit creepy. It made me feel a little sad to hear that.. but totally understandable that it might not be her cup of tea.

When I got him home and dressed him up, she remarked that he is beautiful and she doesn't find them as creepy now that she has seen one in person. That came as a surprise to me and made me feel proud of having him ^^

8. My nicest reaction happened with a group. I had just taken Lucy out for a photoshoot and these girls start saying how beautiful she is and taking pictures with her. I'm proud to say I have started a bjd club in my own hometown, all of the girls currently have one, and all have intentions of getting new members added to their family. :)

9. When a friend came over who is VERY arty, owns her own poetry imprint and buys only original art, just squealed when she saw a Dollshe angel and after playing with him a bit declared - "He's art you can play with!"

10. When Xavier and I were at the craft store and we ran in to Santa and Mrs Claus who wanted to know all about him. They weren't in uniform but we knew who they were ;)

11. I think my Ash is so lovely and he's the one I always take pictures of and like to play with, even if he's a floppy ragdoll. But I don't often get compliments on him (more often 'cute couple' or 'nice scenery') so today when I read that someone found him really beautiful, I felt giddy. ^^ She said he was sexy and hot and that she's in love with him. I'm still glowing over the compliment!!! I was really worried that people thought he was unattractive, but if even one person thinks he's pretty then I feel great about sharing pictures of him.

12. Some years ago, at the Washington DC National Cherry Blossom festival, my Volks Sei-Tenshi "Gotham" actually attracted a crowd as I was posing him in one of the trees to photograph. A few of the onlookers were from Japan, said how cute he was and all asked about him. They were very excited hearing that he was a very special doll made in Japan, and given away by Volks at their Dolpas. A number of them asked to take his photo, to which I happily consented. :)

Juli DC :)

13. I've had a lot of nice incidents happen, but the most recent one was when I took my Ringdoll Frankenstein downstairs for a bit of Xbox gaming with me. The newest housemate was so awestruck, he came running out of his room with his fancy Canon camera (which was a plus! Finally, someone who can help me with dolly photography!) and Frankenstein had a little photoshoot all to himself :D

14. My friend's mom adoring it and then taking me and the doll around the house to show the rest of everyone there XD

15. My mom went gaga over one of my yo-sds. xD
      She gently held her and kept saying how cute and sweet she was which was really nice considering I usually receive neutral or negative reactions to my dolls.

16. My husband, he takes all our guest into my doll room to show them my collection.

17. I had a woman recently say that she squee'd out loud upon seeing a picture I took of Alice in her Transformers pajamas holding her stuffed Mario. To date I'd have to say that's the best I've gotten

18. My mother who didn't want to have anything to do with dolls of any sort loves my MNF Chloe. She always asks about her and sometimes I come home to Coco (my Chloe) downstairs being played with by my mother. It makes me smile that she though she will never admit it enjoys my doll.

19. "That's really creative, Diesel!"

20. Share those special times when out of nowhere someone outside of the doll community has gone gaga over one of your dolls, especially if it wasn't dressed up or looking special.

I took Xavier my Dollzone Fei out to some craft stores to look for Halloween fabric and things for his birthday. He was wearing a t-shirt, pajama pants, barefoot, kept losing his wig, and he's so old he's gone from beauty white to yellow. At the end of a long day I was stopped by a store employee who thought he was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. She had no idea what a Dollfie or ABJ was but was almost brought to tears.

It was the neatest thing ever!