1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The one that got away? Have you ever sold a doll and regretted it later?

Feb 16, 2006

1. I was thinking about this due to some now locked threads which brought up points about keeping dolls with the mindset of later selling or whatever.

I just know I couldn't do that. I know I couldn't. There are other things in my house that I don't love like my TV or computer. Well okay I love my computer but I can always get another...but there will never be another Raitaro. *hugs him*

2. I'm just curious but how do you know when it's best to sell a doll instead of keeping it?

Have you ever sold a doll? Why?
      Did you regret it? If so, what did you do about it?

3. This is a good topic, I'd like to hear how others delt with it. I've only parted with two dolls, one went to my spouse because he has always loved that doll, and she would make a perfect daughter for one of his bigger dolls. When I had her, I was always sad that she didn't have any family. One evening he asked if he could have her, I wasn't sure at first but I felt that it was better for everyone. I still see the doll everyday even though she is someone else, but I also see how much more loved and cared for she is now.

The second doll I am still parting with, but I feel once again that it is the right decision. He is on a short layaway for his new owner, so I have had extra time to do things with him, and still my mind is made up. He well, caused a lot of conflict between my other dolls, everyone was uncomfortable. With his new family he will fit in perfectly, I'm excited about seeing him go there since he will finally get to live up to his full potential.

I belive these things happen for a reason, and I'm so glad everything has worked out wonderful for everyone. I wouldn't change a thing, no regrets.

Sera

4. Thank you for sharing, CherryStreet~Sera.

I'm a bit saddend that so few people have responded. The reason that I made this thread is that I'm thinking of selling Miko, one of my girls. Eventhough I love her, I somehow feel/worry that she might not fit in in my future dollfamily. So now, I'm wondering whether I should keep her or sell her so I can buy a Supia Yan.
      I'm just so worried that I might regret it. After all, it's not like I could get her back afterwards... :-S :(

5. Maybe I am an oddity but I could never sell any of my dolfies. Perhaps it's just sentimental and I don't judge anyone who does, and I have bought dolls "second hand"

6. YES! I had her and sold her *broken heart* I am still saving up so I can buy her.. again! :D

7. I guess if I know that the doll is going to a wonderful home, I really don't have regrets. I will miss that doll and do miss some that I have sold in the past, but knowing that they are being loved in their new home helps alot.
      If a doll outgrows your BJD family, then sometimes it is best to offer it to another person who will love it and find it more suitable for their family.
      Many people never part with their dolls and that's great, but some of us do. I see nothing wrong in it either way. I just think that our taste in dolls can change over time. Like we might decide that we want all boys now and sell our girls, or we want dolls to fit specific characters and the ones we have just don't fill the role.
      Bottom line is, it's really a personal choice and if you struggle with the idea of parting with one, maybe it is not time yet.

:) Staci

8. sometimes i miss my CH sia, but we had trouble bonding, so i think i made the right choice. and now that CH has redesigned their bodies, i'm tempted to buy from them again. ^^;

9. Yours is the reason King wanted a body. I wished then I had the cash to buy him then, but alas, I didn't.

10. I have sold some of my bjds and I dont regret it or anything. I do alot of thinking before i sell my dolls hope this keeps up :)

11. I've sold many many dolls, but only regret letting go of my LovelyHouse ShinCho.
      :...(
      Michelle

12. I've sold a lot of dolls, but I don't regret any of them. I usually don't post a doll for sale unless I haven't been able to make it fit into the dolly world in my mind. Some dolls I buy fit some I think will fit and don't. I have yet to be faced with a decision to part with one of the dolls I'm attached to...hopefully it won't ever come to that.

13. Pansy, your former Nasia is still the only one I've seen that I've liked. Had I had the money at the time I would have bought her from you. lol

I've had thoughts of selling some of mine. I hate to say it, but in the, seven months it took me to finally get Ahriman his body I considered selling him so many times. Obviously I'm glad I didn't, I've noticed I think like that with every disembodied head I've had. Thel, my School B head was sitting for three months before I got her a body and I thought about selling her too. Once she got her body, I haven't considered it again. And I'm feeling it again about the two vampire boys that are still floating around bodiless, but since I've already been through this song and dance I know once I get them bodies I'll end up loving them too. lol

Lately though I've been considering selling Bael, but I've jumped from getting him a mini fee body and matching the his head to it, to upgrading him to Rain (when LittleAmi of DIM re-releases him), to getting him a new mini shell altogether. But until I'm absolutely sure and I've got the replacement lined up, he's not going anywhere. lol

14. that's what they alllllll saaaaay XD;;;;

15. sure there is! ha ha ha! :lol:

16. There's only one doll I sold and then regretted it.. my AR Limited Cossette... I sold her because I had just bought a new doll and felt I had to make a sacrifice since my husband and I were trying to save money. I still get so sad when I see her... :( I just hope that someday I can buy her back, I miss her a lot.

17. Ive only ever sold one doll, My NT Kai...
      I loved him but i wasnt bonding and he didnt fit with my other guys... so he went to live with someone else.

I miss him and im constantly looking for him in the gallery... so i guess there is a kind of regret there. But i know i would have just been miserable if i'd kept him... i couldnt stand having a doll i didnt love as much as my others.

Rachie XX

18. The one doll I really regretted selling was my Nana. I regretted it so much that I bought her back the following week XD;;...

19. :daisy a lot of people think the F04 MSD head looks a lot like Nono ;) just a thought!