1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The one that got away? Have you ever sold a doll and regretted it later?

Feb 16, 2006

1. I wish I hadn't sold Orlando. I wish I had kept her head, and put her on a minifee body.

At the time, of course, there was no such thing as a minifee, so, at the time, it was the right thing to do but... I wish I still had orlando. :(

2. I can't imagine selling any of my dolls... at least not Fallon or Seth... I suppose I could see myself selling off my Juri head... or maybe the Petite Ai tan Uriel I just bought off Janne (but I think that's because he has yet to arrive and I just haven't fallen head over heels in love with him yet).

Buuut... for those of you who do sell your dolls, rest assured they're all going to loving homes.

So far, I've bought 3 dolls off the DoA Marketplace - 2 for me, 1 for my mom - and all of them are spoiled and loved to death. :aheartbea

3. I've also had that sort of 'evil' thought of getting a rare doll just to sell it later but I realised that by the time the value has gone up I would fall in love with him/her, since it seems all limiteds are the prettyest. XD But I don't think I could ever sell one unless it was being unloved.

OT: I'm thinking about giving up my bunny to someone who'll take care of him better, and it hurts 'cause I love him so bad. ;-;

4. I've always regretted selling my Delf Soony, I miss her like crazy. :(

5. I'm such a nut that if I were starving on the street, I would still have my $300+ dollfies at my side @_@ I'm just...really emotionally weak, and could never sell a doll. And that goes for my entire doll collection, too, not just BJDs. Sometimes I'll bring out my bears, other times I'll rediscover my Pullips, in the fall it's Living Dead Doll time.....everyone is majorly loved ^_^; I'm a big softie. It's not really a good thing lol

My brother thinks buying the ultra-expensive Dolpa limiteds to sell later on would be a good idea if we had the cash, but I told him no, we'd end up keeping them all and being out serious money lol Because I'm psycho ^^;

6. I have only really missed one doll I sold. She definately wouldn't fit in with my plans now but I still miss her none the less. I haven't seen any pictures of her since she was sold :(

7. I regret a little for my yori :
      [​IMG]

8. Dolls have passed through my hands for various reasons: DT Triste, DOD Yen, Soom Gena, DOD Twing-key. . . all of these have come and gone and I don't regret it even if I do think on them from time to time.

I miss Triste sometimes, I'll see her again when I visit my mother, just like I'll see Yen when I see my sister. And even if Gena is in a better place I miss him sometimes (I'm sure he's very happy with Haika now, though).

No regrets. Just fondness inside of me. Naturally, since if I hadn't loved something about them I wouldn't have bought them.

9. I think.....It will be the RML head that I had before....and then sold a few days after getting him.
      >_<

....I'll have to see, In time.

10. Aww, I remember that. ;_; But I'm sure he's very loved wherever he is now.
      It's one of the major things that's stopping me from switching Shin to one of the Latidoll Reds, who so much better fit what his original character was supposed to be like... I could NEVER recover a ShinCho. Plus I think he'd loose all his cranky smirky quirky pervy Shin goodness...

11. My dolls own me! If you see a slightly dazed owner being offered for a very small price, you will know that my girls got tired of me!

12. I'd be absolutely heartbroken if I had to part with any of my crew, so any one that I sold I'd regret, even if it was because, say, a hurricane wiped out my house and I needed the funds to get a new roof over my head.

My dolls are meticulously planned and mulled over, and I don't like to settle for something that COULD work but has the potential not to, so...I don't even like selling wigs and eyes, it just bothers me for some reason. ;_;

13. My sleeping Lucas - saw a one-off version of this at the NYC dolpa and really wanted it as a replacement. I would have kept the one-off btw; had to sell my regular sleeping lucas because of property taxes! - really high in Ca - Alex
      Oh yeah, maybe one of the Shizus too....

14. No, and I don't think I would sell any of mine. Even a couple of them that I was sure I wanted but when I received them they weren't what I expected- they've grown on me and are special in their own unique ways. They represent a part of me at a certain time in my life.

I covet other dolls but I am saving for them instead of selling others for the money. I think I would regret it later, even if I had Isao (one Dollfie I really want!) in my possession.

When I think of how much I want Isao, I remember that there will always be a doll I will really want and I figure if it's meant to be, the doll will be available when I've saved enough money to purchase him or her.

:daisy

15. I sold my BW Soo normal zombie girl head and regret it. She went to Canada and I've not seen photos or anything of her since.

16. Serious topic lol. Cause I am feeling this right now. And all I have seen so far is buyers regret threads.

I have this gorgeous doll I am selling. I LOVE her. She is one of my favs. But I am selling her to get a body for a bodiless doll. Whom I love as well..
      The doll I am selling isnt limited or anything. So I could always get another. (Wouldnt be the same, dont think I could do that)
      Here it is..anyone ever sell a doll..and terribly regret it later?

17. YES!!! I HAD TAE! I HAD her! My friend got Mai too for the opening! I bought Tae but the day before I had won a one-off I wasn't thinking I had a chance for. Once I got home and saw how dangeriously low the bank account was and wasn't willing to give up things like, oh, rent, one of them had to go...

Now I would MURDER (or at least do something major) to get a full set Tae! and for only $700!

18. ahh that sucks :( Glad I am not the only one feeling that way!

19. Haha, I've got something like that -- I have this nasty habit of falling out of love with my kids not long after they get home, but once I decide to sell them I'll pick them up "one last time" and suddenly I'll love them more than I ever have before. Kind of frustrating for everyone else, yeah, but it's good bonding for me and my kids. Or something. ^^;

20. Yes , my Unoa a couple of weeks back
      I had to sell a few of my dolls ..
      but I had to do it , Hubby has lost his job
      Im dreading it if I have to sell more ..but every time I see an Unoa now I just feel sad
      I most likely wont buy another ....it just wont be the same