1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The one that got away? Have you ever sold a doll and regretted it later?

Feb 16, 2006

1. Thats how I feel to. I couldnt buy another to "replace" one. I know I could get another..NP. But..it isnt the same. Unless by some struck of luck..down the road..I ended up buying my doll back! lol. That would be awsome :P

2. I've only sent two of my guys away... Both disembodied heads that I didn't have for more than a few days and hadn't ever really planned on keeping... and they both went to good homes, so I didn't feel bad about either of them. Ringo is well-loved where he is now, and Sleepy Head will have an interesting life too, I'm sure. ^_^

I did sort-of miss Sleepy Head after I sent him off, though... because he was such a cute little thing, and because he and Teacup had been together for so long.

So, I ended up replacing him recently. ^_^

3. Hehehe cute names to :P

4. Well, I was THIS close to sell my girl due to financial troubles, and because I knew I could get another one as soon as things got better to replace her. But right before closing a deal for her body, my CC gave me a bonus, for being such a good customer and stuff (no kidding!! LOL!) and that solved everything! So I just knew I couldn't let her go, even a replacement wouldn't be the same *sobs*

I don't think I'll ever be able to let go of any of my kids! ^^;;
      So no sellers regret here... fortunately, but I was pretty close to being banging my head on walls if I had sold her!

5. Waaah!! -sob- I've never sold a doll in my life, but all these sad stories make me want to cry! T_T -cuddles her dollies- ;_;

6. My Sasha... I really miss her. ;_; She was the most beautiful doll I ever saw.
      I can only hope Volks comes out with another version of her.

7. well i have a "happy ending" to my post on page 1 ... missed my Dark Elf Leaf and i eventually got a Version 2 Dark ELf Leaf to replace her (luckily i still had her old eyes and wig and the faceup was the same) - i love her even more now.

Also, i sold my U-me (Johnny) a while back and one day i saw him back up in the marketplace (faceup untouched!!) and i got him back :D that was fantastic, i'm really happy to bring back two of my favorite sold dolls ever. i won't be letting them go ever again (barring dire financial need like threatened starvation or something).

8. I've never sold one either... and can't even imagine how I would pick one to let go of. Even in an emergency!!

A couple of times I've pondered selling my Too because he doesn't get that much loving' ... but then realized OMG no! it's only because he's quiet and undemanding and just sits and watches stuff. And smirks. ;)

how would you decide?? wow.

9. There are two I deeply regret selling, but at the time I really needed the money. I went through old photos in my camera to delete them and felt horrible.

One was my Sist, but there is a bit of light to the story as I was able to get a Mocha girl and am totally in love with her! (Although I do still miss Sist :( )

The other was a SD13 Nono, and I don't think there will be a chance of replacing her.

10. Aww... I had a Dollzone Megi during the begining of this past summer. He was such a good doll. I even did the faceup myself. He was sold to a woman in Texas through ebay. I hope she's treating him well.:(

oh well... I am getting a Mo for Christmas when I return back home from my dad if I get a really good G.P.A.

Here are some photo's I had taken of him before he was sold.
      These were taken for the auction.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      These were taken with a one-time use camera with the flash left on.:barf
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Olivia, my SD16 one-off, I don't regret selling her as much now as I did a month ago. There were many reasons why I couldn't keep her, but had I been able to I would have.

12. Yes....I do have some regrets.....
      Trying to buy another fullset Hewitt ll but have not had any luck - no one seems to want to sell a full set! Mine was perfect, I was the first owner, and I shouldn't have sold him! You don't even see many pics of him on the forums.....he came at the same time as Yuki and it was an expensive purchase combination. He would have been a good little brother to my Arashi....
      Another one - Madoka (don't hit me guys)
      And Larme, who is up for sale again on Dollmore.net I've noticed, but he went to a friend who was local so dont want 2 of them around
      And even my tanned first face Soo Ri, he was gorgeous....but he went to a very good home and his new owner takes lots of pics!!! Ahhh regrets.....Alex

13. Oh Alex....MADOKA?! I feel your pain! I hoped for mine for so long, that now I think I sell almost anything else to avoid parting with my dearest "Passion". But financial emergencies do happen, and if you really want to replace a doll you had to part with, they usually turn up again sooner or later.

Hugs, Juli DC 8)

14. I sold two dolls and I regret it sorely...

Astaroth... He was my dreaming shiwoo mod. I loved him so much but I took our severe differnces as we were not bonding and sold him to someone under the condition that he stay in contact with his brother and he not be sold without my permission(as his character was also sold to the girl)... I have not heard anything about him in a long time... And now I want to see if I can buy him back.

X133... He was my WS K-Doll Karon. He was GORGEOUS but I came to a point where I needed the money despirately. He was severely depressed feeling because his crush was sold. So I though that I could sell him and maybe get the depression away. I just ended up regretting it. I didn't realize I was so attached to his character until he was gone. I AM planning to redoll him as the new Karen or Kael. I have not fully decided yet.

15. Yup i've sold two dolls one of which i quite seriously regret now because the buyer bought him off me purely to sell at a profit to someone else =/ which makes me incredibly sad because now i have no idea what kind of home he's gone too. I'd even thrown in extras as well. So i regret ever selling him to that person to begin with more so than missing the doll itself. I guess it happens.

I'd never get the same mold again though, something about it irritated me.

16. The only doll I ever regretted selling was my first doll, A Delf Miyu. When I acquired a Feeple Cali and a Angel Elf Soo (who will hopefully have a body soon) I didn't regret it nearly as much. I think having two dolls by the same sculptor helped alot. (Cali reminds me of Miyu quite a bit except not as sad)

I do have plans one day to buy another Aren except in normal or white skin. (Since I have found that tanned skin dolls just don't work for me.)

17. I've bought and sold over a hundred and fifty different bjd by now I think... and for the most part I don't miss the ones I've let go, but I wouldn't mind re-acquiring these again sometime, if I have the luck/funds:
      Volks Chii
      Volks Old F-05 (sleeping Four Sisters) head
      Volks MSD Mary
      Volks MSD Shinshiya or Misia

Raven

18. I'm pretty satisfied with my lot but one part of me wishes I hadn't sold my Sweet Dreams Tae. She was so beautiful and peaceful. Selling her helped me bring home some dolls I love way more than I ever did her, but I wouldn't mind buying her again in the future if I have the funds.

19. I've sold a dozen or so, but I only regret my Angelregion Dana. He was my first non-tiny doll, and I absolutely loved him. Not buying anymore dolls for now, but I'd kind of like another Dana someday.

20. Oh, yeah: among the dolls I sold but shouldn't have were my Yukinojo and my School C head.

And I bought them back. ;)