1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Soft pillows...

May 31, 2008

1. I never really thing about them once I remove a doll from the box. However, my mother likes to take them and use them for seat cushions or to pat a hard surface like a footstool.

2. I've made very good use of mine wrapping dolls for travel - you can wind a couple of tinies safe n' snug in the pillows from a 60cm box! I use the yellow satin 'sleeping bags' from my BBB dolls to line a metal sleigh I got at a post-christmas sale, but the fit is not ideal.

I've often thot someone with a little metalwork/carpentry skill and access to a decent shop could make a little futon-frame for use with the pillows - I think that would be a very kewl project.

3. I always use them as bedding for my dolls. Domadoll has awesome pillows. They are huge and satin and so soft. But I doubt they'd be enough for a human pillow. I don't know if my dolls would let me steal them away to use myself . . .

4. I used one to line the top of my mini's coffin case and three I use for my small trunk I put my two bigger dolls in usually but I just used the other pillows I have for packing some breakables for my move. Very handy! I've been packing things in the empty doll boxes too.

5. They have their uses definitely for transporting my dolls. The Limhwa pillows I just got recently are enormous!! I could probably use them myself for traveling pillows! XD

6. I do this as well.

7. I love my Lee Jun Ki pillows the best. They have this awsome design on them and they're super soft. All my other pillows are plain old white but they are supersoftsquishy goodness. I am very sad that Soom doesn't send pillows. They ship their dolls on these hard plastic blowupthingies. I'm sure it makes for better shipping and less damage, but I'm still kinda disappointed. XD

8. The recent Abio Angel pillows are AMAZING - Plush black velvet with gold satin ribbons. I just sold my AA guy, though, and so the box and pillows went with him. And it sucks cause just now I had the best idea to roll it up, tie the ribbons in bows and use it to photograph my human bracelets for my website... I guess I can use the other ones I have, but they're not as pretty :(

9. They're way too flat for me (I sleep with about 3 regular pillows under my head xD) but I like to give them to my rat to make a bed with~ He tears them apart and makes a little nest with the stuffing, it's so cute.

10. The ones from Soom are just plastic tubing with air in them---great for shipping a doll safely, but they make rather uncomfortable pillows! xD The one's from DoD are so soft and silky, since I don't have a doll carrying case, I line a small designated backpack with them and carry my MSD-sized boy in there. *^^* As for the ones from Luts----they're plush but kind of itchy, and I haven't used them for anything because they're going to be reused for their original doll-padding purposes when I ship my Shiwoo to his new owner. <3

So out of the three companies I've dealt with so far----Soom, Dream of Doll, and Luts----DoD has the best pillows in my opinion!:thumbup

11. They're not quite big enough for me, though my sister wants to steal my dollie pillows for our dog.

But currently I just reuse them when dragging them back and forth between my aunt's and my parent's house.

12. I saw some zipper on it and turn it in carrier pouch for each one of them so I could put them in a trunk and carry it away

13. Shyne from Buddydoll came into a white/pink gingham wrappillow (is that a word?) with little pink bows sewn onto it, it's quite soft. Persia from DIM came with a towel like pillow quite thick but less soft. The AOD pillows I like best, satin ones with ribbons; wrap the dolls into them and secure them with the ribbons. I use most of the pillows to wrap my dolls in when attending conventions and they have to lay on top of each other in a sturdy plastic box.

14. i leave them in their original box....wondering what i should do with them.

15. I use them to line the suitcase I use for transporting my dolls. Limhwa sends the most fluffy, soft and fantastic pillows with their dolls, btw.

16. lol No I don't use them. I keep them in it's box until I need to put my doll in the carrier.
      They are pretty soft though, but to akwardly shaped for my head. ;)

17. I don't use mine, I hate the (synthetic?) fabric they are made of . Of course I could sew a fabric cover for them, but I am lazy. I would rather make doll clothing ;)

18. I think the ones the older Dollshe's came with look the nicest as they're all swirly and pretty, although my Dollzone Isabel came with really luxurious shimmering brown pillows which was gorgeous. I was most impressed with the pillows from Angel Studio as not only are they embroidered with the company logo, but they double as a little carrying case! I have the pillows floating around in various places: some are in the original boxes up in the loft, some are in the craft room and get packed in the suitcase when taking dolls to meets/cons so they're snug and safe, and one or two my little boy has to put his toys on or just generally play with.

For actual packaging the plastic ones Soom use are fantastic! I think hey're the safest way to send a doll through the mail and they're great fun for kids to play with hehehe! Certainly wouldn't sleep on one though...

I love the idea that someone used them as a mattress/duvet in a makeshift bed hehe. I probably would sleep on one very comfortably as I'm an odd person who likes to sleep on only one rather flat and horrible hotel-style pillow hehe

19. i mostly use mine for padding and stuffing in my doll carrier. apart from that, they seem to float around my apartment doing nothing. they're only plain coloured DoD ones so they're not very pretty or anything.

it's entertaining to read so many different uses for them :lol:

20. For meets I put a doll or two into an over the shoulder bag and space/cushion them with one or two of the cushions. Other than that, storage.