1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tiny Centaur thread

Dec 1, 2014

1. Oh noooo they're so cute! :D

I'm trying to figure out if the amount of curvature in the horse-part back would bother me in person. They look so good in their outfits, though!

2. You're braver (or more deft) than I am -- I'm not competent to do any painting more complicated than hoofs (and I kinda like the default elf faceup). But at least I can look forward to appreciating your work!

I have one Honey Delf centaur, and that curvature really seems to help with her balance when she's got one or more hooves raised. (Also, it means I can take her to meets in a spare Fairyland book-box, instead of the yoooge Luts MNF-sized box she arrived in).

3. That's really good to know. Thank you! :D

4. Ah, I forget this thread exists, I call for some lovely centaur spam everyone! I want to see more centaurs please! :D

I'll start it off with Pocca who normally isn't a centaur, but sometimes she gets to be a pink one ~

[​IMG]
      Corset
      by Akara, on Flickr

5. she makes a sweet pink one. my dolls are all boxed at the moment so i can't post new pics

6. Sooo... who's ordered a new Honey Delf centaur in black, while they're available?

I was just about to hit the button, but now Some Other Company is offering a time-limited gryphon... another one of my 'grail dolls':...(

Choices! Too many choices!

7. i guess it depends on which size suits better. there is always a chance that luts will do the delfs again if they sell well. the other company doesn't seem to like repeats, though i'm really hoping they come out with a tiny centaur next!

8. That's what I'm waiting for with That Other Company...a proper centaur. I was really hoping that this event would have one.

I didn't like the dreaming face on the black centaur (nor the purple blushing), and there didn't seem to be an open eyed option, so I'll wait till they offer the black again.

9. i like the open eyed face better too, but not the body colors. and since i already have a brown honey taur, i'd rather wait for a faun than a satyr if i'm going to get the deer tail. the hooves are split so you couldn't make it into a centaur just by changing the tail either. but i'd love to be able to buy the lower legs separately if they would fit on a reg body.

10. I couldn't resist That Other Company's MNF-sized centaur, and the body is really really elaborately engineered. Lots of complicated little resin bumps & 'gears' to make the leg joints work properly. It's a marvel, but unfortunately I don't think it could be scaled down -- if those parts were small enough to fit, the resin just wouldn't be sturdy enough not to snap off when in use.

I haven't seen their earlier hippogriff in person, but it looks like the interior joints are completely different than the big centaur. (And it reads like they've redesigned those bits for the new griffins, at that.)

I suspect I'm not the only person who was hoping for a proper griffin this time, so doing it this way was an easy marketing task. But we can always hope that the evil geniuses are now working on a "proper centaur" for you and the rest of us tiny-lovers!

11. I have both the honey delf centaur and a hippogriff. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I am getting the black luts doll this time. I love the clear resin parts and have wanted one in black for a long time. I'm not 100% keen on the head, but I guess I can find another if it came down to it. :)

12. I broke down and wrote to Fabric Friends -- looks like I'm getting the Yul Satyr (White human bits, black centaur parts) as a friend for my Pretzel Honeytaur.

If I finally get around to selling some stuff, I should still be able to order a basic FL gryphon at the beginning of August.

Theoretical question: Would a 'liontaur' (human upper body, lion lower body) be appropriate for this thread?...

13. i didn't start the thread, but it wouldn't bother me at all. there are no threads for liontaurs or other half human-half 4 footed animals so it would seem to fit here best. if anyone has any objections i guess they can let you know.

14. Adorable! Is she still available?

15. I'm not sure...I bought her from Grace of Jpop a few years ago. That would be the best place to check, She's one of DaisyDayes's creations.

16. Thanks very much for that info!

17. as far as I know, daisy dayes is a small company and doesn't repeat her designs. but you might be able to find one on the secondary market

18. That's really cool, about the balance. I've seen some photos where they're posed up on one hoof, which is... stunning. I tried to do that with my RS boy, but it was out of the question - his hip and shoulder joints actually don't rotate far enough to attempt it, or even to rear on his hind legs.

... the question of whether I want one was solved for me; a must-have doll came out from another company, so I'll continue to ponder a Honey Delf centaur, maybe some day in the future.

@clochette, she's so cute! I love how dainty her legs look, like a foal.

19. Time to bump this thread up!

Zebu:

[​IMG]

Who else is getting one of the new FL Realfee ponies? I ordered an Eva <3

20. Me, of course. I'll be combining the Luna white centaur body with the Eva torso/head, because I like the blue shading/hooves better than the lavender.

In the meantime, here's some eye candy of Dash and Zydeco (and I believe that's Elf-ears's zebra) at the Comic-Con panel last year.
      [​IMG]
      CCI16 panel
      by clochette62, on Flickr