1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Urge to Hold...

Mar 8, 2009

1. If I'm telling someone about my dolls and I don't have any with me, then yes, I definitely get the urge to have one of them with me, though, not to hug. But I do like having them around.

However, I do get the urge to hug my friend diddoh's DOT T. Lahoo, Tristin, all the time! It's kind of funny, actually. He's been at my house visiting for about a week now, and I've definitely cuddled him a few times ;)

2. I don't have my doll yet, so I'm always wanting to hug him. When he finally comes, I won't know what to do with myself. I might explode from happiness.

3. I get that, too, so I nearly always have my Pukipuki, Izzy, somewhere on me. Be it pocket, bag, or down the collar of my shirt, I'll have her tucked away somewhere on my person. ^^

4. I'm so glad someone opened this thread.. I was just wondering the same thing today! I am relatively new to BJDs and am already surprized with myself...how I really am attached to them!
      And yes, I have kids and pets! Granted, my kids are older teens...but this dolly thing isn't about cuddling really. It's more an honest fascination with them! They are so unique and beautiful...and FUN!
      I carried my Bambicrony Sunday around with me for about 3 hours the other evening while I went shopping ~~ like a total doll freak or something ~~ but it was FUN! If she wasn't hanging out with me, I wouldn't have found the cool stuff for her. She was there to size it up!

As I peck on this keyboard, Yomo is kneeling against the laptop like she's saying her bedtime prayer. :lol:

Oh...whatever. I spent a mint on them ~~may as well enjoy them!:aheartbea

5. While I don't get the urge that often, I do get it when I'm feeling happy about them - so new dolls get more laptime ^^;. I bring them out to hang out in my living room with me regularly, but find it a bit awkward to have one on my lap when I'm using the computer. However, any time I'd appreciate having a pet to snuggle with, I get the urge to grab a doll. ^^;;; If I'm watching something that might make me tense (like SYTYCD), for example, I'll want a bit of resin companionship.

I definitely feel like the bigger ones are easier to snuggle with. My little guys, however, can sit on my desk while I'm on the computer, which is nice, too.

For some reason, I like stroking their calves O_o;. But they're all smooth and feel nice . . .

6. Yes, I frequently want to hold to my dolls (and bring them with me everywhere as a result). If I have to do something that makes me feel uncomfortable in any way, I want a doll with me.

Someplace like the dentist would make me feel this way because I'm terrified of going (with good reason).

Airplane rides would be better. One of the reasons why I want a really small doll is so that I can take school tests with less stress without being a distraction to others in the room.

7. Whenever I'm working on something for a doll and the doll is with me, I get a huge urge to cuddle. I'll take cuddle breaks from the project.

I'm really happy that I have a tiny doll now because he's a lot easier to take places with me.

8. I have a cat that isn't all too cuddly (he's fussy) and a TON of stuffed animals on my bed...so I think when my boy comes I'll cuddle him all the time and carry him with me whenever I can. I'm a very affectonate and clingy person (just ask my exes and my current Bf!) so I know Spokys gonna get alot of cuddels. I kinda feel sad when browsing here or anything doll-related since spooky isn't here yett so I usually just grab a stuffie (Ussually Mike Jack my jack russel terrier plush ;))

9. I don't snuggle with mine. Currently I only have MSDs, and they sit on my shelf. But I've found that if any of them are barefoot, when I walk by, I grab their feet, like a baby's.

10. Oh yes, all the time. When I'm drawing/working on something related to their character, or thinking about them, or going somewhere....

I kept on wanting to drag Michael with me to my exams but we write them in lecture halls and there is barely enough room for half of your exam sheet, let alone a doll (or there would be dissected animals and that's just gross). Plus, it'd be like "this is my special special friend <insert crazy face here>" situation, and I'd like to avoid that.

I usually suppress those "urges", unless I already have him out. Then it's really really careful cuddle time while trying to avoid messing up his face-up, eyelashes, clothes and hair.

11. Well every time I travel which I always fly coast to coast I bring my boy with me. I always want to just cuddle him on the plane but I usually reframe from it because people will give me really mean looks D8 Also when I am talking about him at school I want to hold him so bad! But I would never bring him there. Also when I am on the fourms I always have him sitting with me ;3

12. yes, omggg
      i have a different situation though. i have a DS hound on layaway and whenever i'm at meets and see a dollshe (omgg someone even has a hound ;u; <3 all i had to do was mention my future one and she handed hers to me, like she understood how i felt hah) i just want to grab them up, and see how they feel in my hand, and how my future boy will possibly feel. c: .. HEAVY is all i can say haha OTL;;;

13. I think about holding my dolls really often- a shame, since I haven't even ordered any of them yet.

14. I don't have a doll... but I saw my first ones at a con a while back this year. There was a lady selling them, and omg I totally had an urge to hold him XD XD The woman let me hold him forever, and she was really nice about it ^^
      Thus the reason why I can't wait until I get my own doll, I can glomp him to death <3

15. I've never had the urge to do this...dolls still creep me out D:

I like the fact that others can seek comfort in it though~

16. I do :3
      even though he is just a head its still comforting to have him there ^-^
      though i use to do that with my puppy but since she died on Saturday (hit by a car :( not even a full year old....) i have been more clingy to my floating head :sweat i want so badly for him to become a full doll :) then i can hug him rightfully, without like suffocating him lol, i may not be that old but I'm very motherly though that probably has to deal with growing up quickly and taking care of my little brother and sister, though i have always been that way with like.. everything :aheartbea

~R.I.P. Alyss Heart~

17. I feel exactly the same. I don´t take Mihael to college but I think I will because not having him around for a week is just too much. I get that urge to hold him and hug him a lot. It calms me down :)

18. Yes I do..I think about holding her, touching her [which sounds wierd... o.O], taking her wit me on holiday and doing photohoots with her and she isn't even here yet...

19. Not at all. Even starting out with my first doll years ago, I never really felt the need to hold him or carry him everywhere with me. Dolls are heavy and cold and not something I would consider cuddly or comforting. Touching them all of the time leaves them in less than pristine condition and I don't like that. I'd much rather take pictures of them and look at them than hold them, as that's what I bought them for.

20. Oh goodness, I get holding urges all the time. XD The fact that they're usually next to me when I'm working on something doesn't help, so seeing their cute smiling faces all the time just makes it more tempting.