1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Urge to Hold...

Mar 8, 2009

1. i have always had this problem. i had a jasmine actionfigure when i was tiny and i took that thing EVERYWHERE. then when my current bf got me my miss alexander limited edition peter pan i carried him around in my purse. still do sometimes. i've always wanted dolls with me. i have a worry doll hair beret, and little voodoo doll necklaces. i imagine once my boy comes i'll want to take him around too.

2. I don't normally get an urge to cuddle my own dolls, but am definitely struck with it when I see other people's dolls. At cons, I'll see someone with a doll I admire and just seriously want to cuddle it. XD Interestingly, most other doll owners seem to understand this, and I certainly let people cuddle mine when they ask! :)

The urge totally hit me at my friend's house recently when I saw her Sabik, and I ended up holding him on my knee and playing with his hands while we chatted. (Then I came home and ordered my very own, hehehe...) :aheartbea

3. I cuddle Yoru more often than he would like, I'm pretty sure. ^_^; Even if he hates it, it does make me feel better most of the time. I don't cuddle Sage too much...but I think that's because I haven't had him very long; he's a tan boy and has a factory faceup so I'm still in the 'I'm going to screw him up!' phase. @_@

4. LOL! Yes! Whenever I browse through DOA, I start getting the urge to have them around me so I'll take them out of the box and just have them sit close where I can see them. I have no idea why though. @_@ Like right now, I can feel Danior trying to get my attention.

5. Ever since I saw this thread I did notice that whenever I talk about Riona, I tend to grab her and either put her in front of me (which doesn't help with typing ofcourse :sweat ), sit her on my lap or just play with her :) Same with my other dolls, by the way. Sometimes I just change their poses. Riona's sitting on my lap right now too, and she has been for a while. It's nice :) Aspecially because my partner is working a nightshift tonight. It's nice to have some company (and my cat Minix isn't all that cuddly :sweat )
      I haven't cuddled with them in public though, mostly because I haven't taken them out in public that often, and when I did I either didn't feel the need to or was busy with other stuff.

6. yes, when I'm talking with someone about Elodie or feeling distressed, I fell like I have to hold her...
      Even when I'm far away from her *_*

7. I'm always a lot happier when I'm holding one of mine. So my friends have taken it upon themselves to stick one in my arms whenever I'm having a bad day :sweat It's usually when I want them the most anyway...

8. I do when ever I'm DoA~ I usually have Nori in my lap and Miwa next to the computer, and I like to hold them and brush their hair when I'm upset and stressed. they calm me down a lot :3 Nori usually gets held a lot more because he is just bigger and easier to grab onto, poor Miwa~ but yesh they are almost always near me at home~

9. When others speak of dolls, I do honestly have a deep urge to just sneak into their house, and grab the doll for 30 seconds. Then, when I come home, grab Haruka for eternity.

Yup.

10. 0f course! Especially when something bad has happened, or I feel insecure or when people are discussing dolls around me.

I have urges to bring my dolls to college with me, buy Im not sure how well that would work. XD

I even take them cross country with me. :)

11. Actually-YES.
      I bring my MSD boy with me EVERYWHERE. his name is Dobry, and he is a luts kid delf bory mod.
      People think he is creepy, but I just think he is too cute to leave at home all alone. I have other dolls, but he is the only one with a complete face-up and body.
      I don't know what I will do when I have more dolls >.< I can't carry all of them!

12. Yes, I also have this quite often. XX
      One time I met up with a friend in another city and I soooo wanted to have my doll with me.
      I was afraid my friend would be embarrassed if I carry her in my arms while we were out, but still took her with me. lol.
      But she thought my doll was very pretty. XD The dude who was sitting in front of me in the train stared at her all the time, though... ^__^'

13. I'm wondering if it's just me. xD

I don't have a doll yet, though when I visit my friend's house (who has three) I always find myself latching on her 62cm's hands. @w@;;

Ahaha. Am I the only one who loves to hold on to doll hands? :sweat

14. haha I do that too.
      i love hands in general. I play with hoomans hand all the time also
      so yeah....

15. I often hold on to my doll hands too....It seems to just come naturally.

16. Well, it would make sense to hold the hands, coz that's what hands are for. XD Plus I like the feeling of their tiny little fingers, as opposed to their forearm or something

17. I totally know what you mean. :D

The space between the fingers and the thumb is just big enough for me to fit my finger. It's so adorable to me for whatever reason. X3

18. I don't have my doll yet but, at a dollmeet, I got to hold some and the big dolls are so cuddley! I thought it was just me who thought that. :)

I can't wait to get my boy. It's almost a shame how much he will be cuddled.

19. I don't even have my own doll yet, but I would be EXACTLY the same. I find it quite strange in an amusing way, how confident I am pretty much day to day, but that inside I'm pretty simple and child-like. I have a monkey teddy called Munkey (lol) and I always reach for him in stressful situations or when I feel a bit vulnerable. The urge to hold him does increase if someone sits a bit close to him aswell! XDDD

20. I can't fall asleep easily if I don't have my favorite (Dice - my Migidoll Ryu) .. sleeping beside me. T_T;
      I wasn't ever dependent on stuffed toys or whatever, being beside me in bed in order for me to sleep.
      But now, this condition has popped up after I started carrying him (or my other boys to bed).
      I like to hold their hands. It comforts me and somehow, I fall asleep easily.
      >_> ; <- embarrassed somehow.