1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Themes within crew, or just a big collection?

May 12, 2018

1. I have a varied collection and I sorta have a different world for each doll, but there are a couple here and there that share one. I do kinda have a habit of leaning towards mermaids and bunny bjds, but those are the only themes is this odd crew :lol:

2. Most of my dolls have similar styling because I like a certain aesthetic, but they aren't part of the same storyline. I mainly use my dolls for photography, and have played around with their stories but mainly have snippets, one shots, etc.

3. I intended for my dolls to be from different stories and different realms, but I see a lot of common styles when I look at them. Even the ones that are meant to be very different (modern humans and LoTR style fantasy) seem to have a common sort of aesthetic.

4. Mine have mostly divided along size and type lines. My 1/4 are all a gang with one story, my ‘big head’ 1/3 dolls have their own 4-girl group to themselves, my Zenith girls form a beautiful trio...there are a few singles and a couple of other dolls that can cross over those lines but I tend to like ones that share an overall aesthetic to be together.

5. So far my girls are devided into pairs they match each other but don’t match with any other pairs :hug:

6. I have two sets of siblings, and a number of dolls based off of video game characters. That said, my headcannon says they all live with me and treat each other as friends or roommates.

7. Fan-dolls for me are standalone - they're self indulgence. XD
      But the ones I'm going to make of my OCs are actually related family, so they'll have a whole thing on their own storywise. I actually make a webcomic about them on Tapastic, so definitely linked.

8. I have very separate collections for my MSDs and my yoSDs so far, despite the fact that dolls in those categories don't really match scale or style-wise. (For example my DC Elsia and my 5Star Jadite are just... so totally different despite both being yosd size)

I don't really do "stories" or go for a cohesive crew... I just buy the dolls I like. Yeah, they all have personalities, I just don't really consider the relationships between them most of the time.

9. I like to keep my crew somewhat contained, so they’re all in scale with each other and at least peripherally exist in the same world. Most have involved characters, but some are more like “kid who lives in their town I’ll figure out later.” :XD: My attempts to have two separate groups in the past felt like too much.

10. My dolls are in two groups, my Tokyo story line (modern styled) and my French story line (historical styled). You can tell my looking at them which story line they belong to XD

11. Mine are divided by clothing styles.

1) my Migidoll boys wear fancy suits with high frilly collars while the girls wear circa 1500s European dresses that I've sewn

2) my Switch dolls wear hanfu and kimono

3) one group are god type characters wearing robes/kimono- and hanfu-inspired clothing and they have wing horns in their heads

4) all the rest: the boys wear fancy suits with black frilly shirts and the girls wear Rococo-inspired dresses (and it looks like I might have to make a couple of these for a few of the other girls). Or I might be in the process of entirely overhauling the clothing theme of this group...

12. I have one group of dolls that are characters in the same universe, and a bunch of dolls that don't belong in that universe. Though I'm starting to get mini groupings within that (three Delfs, two mini gems, a Miku and a Luka) that go together.

13. There is a theme in that 90% of the time all my dolls look like Victorian children/urchins/circus runaways, but I tend to only take photos of them when they look fancy haha
      They're just a collection really because none of them are character dolls (as in, no stories).

14. All of them are just one big crew of roommates, no real themes. Since they are dolls in-universe too, that makes differences easier to understand. Though I do have a bunch of big human teens/young adults, and one fantasy tiny that seems to want to attract more, so they might separate slightly while still being in the same universe.

15. My doll crew is separated into like certain squads by what size or story they are from. I need to tie them to a story or I just want to buy every pretty face I see lol.

16. I plan to shell the main characters from 2 of my stories/universes, and if it all goes to plan I'll probably have 6-7 dolls in the end.

17. I have a bit of a "monsters" collection. I have Ringdoll's Frankenstein, who's probably the king of the lot; Roke, Fairyland's dragon; and a Soom whose sculpt I can't remember off the top of my head, who looks like a werewolf. I named him Jerome so that's all I call him. lol I need a vampire.

18. My four MSDs are almost certainly part of the same story, and my little dragon probably is as well...though I'm undecided about my tiny. My dolls are still growing and changing as I explore their characters and potential settings.

19. My dolls are divided into different stories. I want all dolls in one story to be able to be shown together. I don't have bodies for all my dolls and many heads share bodies with at least one other head, so I have different stories.
      Freaks, Pirate, and Gods are my main stories, but I also plan to make a Modern story.

20. I'm going for a yosd "animal theme" if you will. They are kinda like a personification of the animal with a more kawaii/cutesy aspect to them. My only shelled member is my bunny girl and I hope to get my bear girl sometime in the future (both are "human" sculpts). Unfortunately I am saving for a car and college so she might have to wait a while...