1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Themes You Like

Aug 12, 2010

1. Hahaha, Rina-ran. I'd like to see a HARVEST MOON THEME. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. But I doubt anyone would do that.
      ...Dude, I want to do that now.
      That would be so cool.

2. I love fantasy and sci-fi themes, as well as themes related to superheroes or the supernatural. Hm, I also love the look of many Asian style clothing, such as the kimono. In all honesty, anything that isn't simple street clohes. I just absolutely love cosplay!

3. I'm more into history and perhaps anime/manga cosplay. I'd love to see my boys in elaborated Kimonos or Hanbok ...etc.

4. I can't think of any actual dolls I'd like to see themed in their construction, but I wouldn't mind seeing more themed clothing sets. I've long wanted a military BDU (fatigues, the actual day to day clothing of a soldier, not uniforms) outfit set, more indie/modern sets and I'd love to see a set of clothing and accessories for the harder themes in life like homelessness, hospitalization, handicap, jail time, etc. I know I could make a lot of these things myself, but sewing isn't everyone's talent and I surely hope I'm not the only one who wants themes like these.

5. I like historical and this days dolls. Even though I still like to watch any doll which is pretty (my option) and well made (means face up etc.). Of course pictures have the magic to show what you want so~ Photoshop is friend.

6. :lol:oh~you are so not alone!!!!

7. Well, anything but Alice in Wonderland again, please! How about others like Peter Pan or The Little Prince? Even Sherlock Holmes! :D

It would be refreshing to see something sci-fi themed, I think, like Gundam... and something more medieval-ish (not the fairy-tale kind) with the full plate armor and the chainmail and stuff. Haha!

8. So many great ideas - I hope the company reps read this thread!! I *LOVE* the Commedia del' Arte Idea! I already have a Pierrot & Columbine and would love to see other Commedia characters. I'd be all over that!

Authentic Victorian well made full sets. Maybe a Penny Farthing even! Oooh!! Some decent and easily available spat boots.

Edwardian & Belle Epoque era stuff.

Steampunk.

I'd love to see a 30s Jazz theme - a la Cabaret / Chicago the Musical type thing.

Phantom of the Opera / Opera / Musicals / Venetian costumes & masks as someone has already said.

40s, 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s eras could be explored

Gee... what else...

Classical Black & White Films? Casablanca? How about a green Frankenstein's monster BJD doll? Bride of Dracula? Bela Lugosi?

Brain ticking over over now...

9. Well, I like Steampunk anyway...but things with a macabre twist. Dark Circus/ Carnivale, masks Jesters, Harlequins....( Oh wait, that's my lot anyway)...No seriously...maybe themes of Musicals e.g. sets for Phantom of the Opera, The Producers, Lord of the Rings, Cabaret, Carousel, Cats,Chicago....The list is endless really.

10. Lady Gaga theme, Star Wars theme (I love Princess Leia), Videogames (Final Fantasy saga, Resident Evil) theme , cinema classics, more pin-ups (than Elfdoll), Super heroines (Catwoman, Wonderwoman, Supergirl, Black Widow,) ...

11. I love Alice in Wonderland, too, but I do think it does get a little overdone. I would love to see more Steampunk-ish fullsets, like some of the DoT (?) limiteds had. I'm pretty sure it was them. I also love historical outfits, too. But really, I'd just like to see companies branching out a bit more, steering away a bit from the typical frilly, loli type fullsets, not that they aren't pretty, it's just there are soooo many of them.

12. Well, there are plenty of doll users that do maids, but it really *IS* my favorite. ^__^ Unfortunately, the problem is that, in contrast to the maids, there are no clothing styles or even doll sculpts quite right for the actual chatelaine! You know, the woman that the maids serve?

Oh, and also, some more BDSM style dolls. >:3 You know, Iplehouse had some great ones like that in the Noctarcana Circus series. ^___^

13. HOLY CRAP! SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HARVEST MOON!
      forget harvest moon! do Rune factory! ( FANTASY VERSION of harvest moon)
      ...imagine boys strutting around in rpg gear....
      -swoon-

We need more sci-fi themes! And more medival theme, oriental dynasty theme, fantasy themes...
      The list could go on and on...
      Now we just have to get some company to come view this thread and take a hint! *wink*

14. 1) I would love to have more Western (cowboys and Indians) stuff.

2) The '20, '30, '40 and '50 are fantastic eras for cool costumes and props.

3) Knights (not fantasy, but actual medieval armor) or Musketeer props, armor, weapons would be cool.

4) And I think, Ancient Persia, Babylonia and Egypt are great backdrops for moody pictures. Think 1001 Arabian Nights!

15. I'm also interested in the fantasy, sci-fi, anime themes and would like to see more of those.

16. YES. Dolls in sarees, dolls in salwar kameez, dolls in lehengha choli ... plus all that gorgeous bling! I think I would fall over dead if, fer instance, Iplehouse did a Carina or a LT Cocori as a kathak dancer.

Other culture-based thoughts: Kabuki dolls, Chinese opera dolls. Or a collection of the Bennet girls from Pride and Prejudice (though poor Mary and Kitty wouldn't get much love ...)

17. More fantasy dolls! Not so much to say elves, but fairies, mermaids, that sort of thing.

18. I would love to see some authentic, as opposed to Asian-interpreted, historic European/American clothing from the first half of the 20th Century. That would include Edwardian, WWI (including uniforms, watching The Crimson Field ​right now), the Roaring Twenties, Depression Era (including Hollywood glam), WWII, and Fifties' fashion.

19. I realize it isn't too much of a theme, but I would love to see more elven males up for grabs by companies. I realize that there are a few out there, but usually the sculpt is far too feminine for what i'm looking for. So I suppose that goes to say a flux of fantasy would be much appreciated.

Even drawing from pop culture (without stepping on too many toes) would suffice for possible fullsets. I can think of at least a dozen video games off of the top of my head that would provide inspiration for stunning costuming.

20. I'm with you, here... I'd love to see someone do a full-on Chinese opera cast or a set of Kabuki characters.