1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

They're Multiplying Like Jackrabbits!..Well I started out with just 1 doll...

Jul 2, 2010

1. tehe i am saving up for my first doll .. and i just want 1... but i dont know if i can stop... when my girl arrives xD

2. Heh...Well, see...I never intended to get all the way to 32...I really was going to stop at 8...then maybe around 10...13...lucky number and all that...15 is good...then maybe 18...but 21 is my favorite lucky number...but might as well round it out and then...you know...30 crept up on me...and then the Volks thing hit and...uhm...

Well, you know, there are people out there with sevenity something so it's not like I have a problem.

:sweat

3. I know exactly what you mean! I got one little SD boy, and my sister bought Elfdoll June, and in 1-2 years our joint collection is at 13 and we have another one on the way (IH tan Kamau) and lots, lots more in the pipeline. I've also found that as I get sucked deeper and deeper into the resin vortex, my tastes are developing in such a way I find myself looking more and more at dolls that happen to be limited or obscure and eye wateringly expensive so the hobby is killing me softly :lol:

4. Because of my experiences with other types of dolls, I knew going in that I would want more than one, but that too many too fast gets overwhelming. My plan is for eventually to have about 6 SD size, 4 MSD size, and 2 LittleFees. I now have one SD and one MSD and plan on adding about 3 a year. That way I can enjoy each new one for a period of time and eventually have the variety of sizes, genders, styles, and ages that I want.

5. Back in Feb.2008 I ordered my 1st MSD BBB female. My S.O. thought she was soooo kewl, he ordered a DollMore SD, then I bought a BBB male SD, he got a Soom YO-SD, I ordered another Soom YO-SD and 2 more BBB/RS SD, 1 his and 1 mine, 2 anthros, 1 fox and 1 otter and now he has 1 sitting in Japan at the Fed-ex Hub waiting delivery on the 7th. We now have 9 at home and 1 coming in. Oh and that's not counting the 2 floating MNM heads. Our family has mushroomed in 2 years and 5 months.
      I hope no more for a while. And that's only counting the dolls, if you count their animals(rides) and pets.... OY!!! :doh It's mind boggling.*_* :? *_*

- ShadowHawke -

6. I had five dolls planned out originally (based on characters) So I knew it was never going to be just one.

Dolly 1: domuya Sophie, after scouring thousands of web pages and going through the 'OMG pretty dollies Do want, but Gah! the monies!' stage I picked this girl

dolly 2: Soom Glot: ah the birth of the soom tinies, I bought this doll solely because it was a miniature of Beryl, who I absolutely adore but missed out on. Very much unplanned ^^;

Dolly 3: DZ megi who I won in a raffle at an Anime Con, needless to say, didn't see this coming either ^^;

Dolly 4: Finally getting back to my characters (that was an interesting detour), got myself a modded Lu-wen vamp head and an F-doll body

Dolly 5: LE Untold stories Delf Bory: I will admit even if he didn't fit a character I would have bought this one, those wings just blew my mind *waves good bye to paycheck*

So... a year and a half in the hobby... 5 complete dolls. 4 more in the long term planning and 2 floating heads on the way home... IT NEVER STOPS XD

7. Doll 1: A fairly carefully chosen Luts Lishe and my only doll for over a year.

Doll 2: Le Sigh- Volks Heath, he's soooo handsome. Sold out. My friend bought him off Doa for me! A year later I saved enough to pay him off!

Doll 2.5: In the meantime- while I'm paying off Heath I join DoA and discover Dollmore's Catish Persian Nocturne white. OMG! Buy!! She actaully arrived before my Heath.

Then I had a nice little family of three until...

Doll 4: Dollmore strikes again! Sweet Wind Memory Torrie!

Flash foreward to NOW and I have crossed the 20 doll mark, have one on layaway, two at a friends house to be picked up in July, and I am expecting to buy the next Soom Tiny if it is waht I think it is- a baby Chalco/Coquina in tan.

Yes, they breed like bloody rabbits, ESPECIALLY if you are on DoA. Before, wnem I had dial-up and couldn't be bothered to join the forums I didn't know what I was missing and therefore didn't miss it. Now I am keenly aware of every doll I can't get and have bought more than I care to think about.

8. I came into the hobby knowing I would be getting more than one doll. I set my limit at about 5-6 though. I went from one doll to three in the course of 8 months with two other dolls passing through and being resold. Currently I have three (two puki's and a BC CB) I really... can't think of anymore that I'd want. I have two dream dolls (Limhwa Half Elf and an MNF Juri) I'd like to get at some point, but currently, I can't even imagine buying another doll. I just have no urge to. It's odd because I DO have some 'wriggle' room for more.. my multiplying dolls have stopped multiplying!!

9. When I started I thought of getting most of my characters in dolls but only finding about 1-3 that I really wanted.

I now have 8 dolls, waiting for 1 and only 1-2 were characters I created before getting into BJDs XD
      The doll I also wanted to get when I started is still being saved for... hope to get it by the end of the year!

10. i started out with one my elfdoll lydia and i resisted for nearly 2 years! now i have 7 of these little darlings and i am currently saving for 2 more....they just pop up don't they? it's that "resist" factor, just when i think no more! some inconsiderate artist brings out the most beautiful doll i have seen and that's it...the spell is cast

11. I had wanted a BJD for years, and then when I finally got my first (ordered in February, recieved in April). Within 2 more months I had another full doll, and another faceplate that we switch out until she gets her own body. Mind you, each of these three dolls also has their sleeping face.... and on top of that I have another faceplate that's modded and currently being worked on, and a puki faceplate. Haha.... all within about 3 months (since once the first was ordered I started really getting into it!).

By the end of summer, I plan on ordering two more. I definitely caught the BJD bug!

12. When I first got into this hobby I was sure I'd be happy with just the one doll... yeah. I'm sure you all know where this is going.

Doll 1. Connor, Bluefairy Niky. (oct '06) I'd been looking at doll sites for a while, and thought they were awesome but hadn't found anything to make the price tag seem worth it to me. Then I found Niky. Instant WANT. I spent the next year saving up all my money until I finally had enough to take to my dad (so he'd let me use his credit card).

Doll 2. Ju Yon, Volk Tsubaki. (march '07) I honestly had not intention to get this guy, in fact I was only playing with the idea of maybe getting another doll. I was visiting friends in Japan for a couple of weeks, and we booked a trip to visit tenshi no sato while we were there. All I was planning to do was get some clothes for my first doll, and visit the museum... and then I saw the tsubaki on display and fell HARD. An hour later and I was walking out the door with a doll box clenched under my arm :'3 Best. Impulse. Buy. Ever.

Doll 3. Sativa, Dream of Doll Kirill. (June '07) Another doll I had no plans on getting. He actually belonged to my best friend who simply couldn't bond with him. Just after I'd got back from Japan my friend wanted to get his dream doll but didn't have the money, and I had 'sending' money left over from my trip so I impulsed hard and bought the kirill off him so he could get his dream doll :3

Doll 4. Liam, Minoruworld Junior Minoru. (June '08) First 'planned' doll arrival in a while ;D After seeing how much minoru looked related to my bluefairy I couldn't resist getting him as Connors little brother.

Doll 5. Layne, DIM Achernar. (Feb '09), This was the doll I was considering getting as my second before I got hit by a load of impulse buys... only took me a while to get round to him ai? XD

Doll 6. Drom, Soom Bygg. (Nov '09) Another TOTAL impulse buy, I got Soomed hard XD

Doll 7. CC, Fairyland puki pukisha (Dec '09) I wasn't planning on getting this girl so soon, but when Fairyland has one of their events, a friend really wanted one of the event faceplates so we decided to place a order together during the time so she could get it. Out of nowhere, a surprise CC.

... and I've another 3 at least planned, one of who I hope to get before the end of the year... not to mention I'm sure there'll be a few impulse buys along the way. Yeah so much for just the one XD

13. Well, I was planning on just three dolls, but I haven't even officially ordered my first doll yet and already I've got seven more (aside from the original three) in the planning stages.

14. It is just amazing how they multiply.
      I had 23 at one time.......It was an impossible pile of resin.
      So, I thinned out the herd to 11. Now I am back up to 17.
      And eyeballing 2 more. ....oi.....

15. I thought I would be content with just one. Oh, was I wrong!

Doll 1 - Alexandra, Iplehouse Tatiana. I knew I wanted a girl that I could handle the size of. Lookead around for a couple of months and fell in love with the Tatian sculpt for her kind eyes. Got her as a birthdaypresent.

Doll 2 - Castiel, Fairyland Puki Flora, didn't have so much money but wanted another doll. Found pukipuki and loved how they could pose. Bought one a couple of days later. Tvo dolls within a couple of months.

Doll 3 - Samael, Luts El, wanted a big boy. Thought Luts had great bodies and eventually warmed up to their faces. Bought him, got him home, got a shock when I realized how white he was but bonded when he got clothes and he is now my favourite.

Doll 4 - Rasmus, Fairyland LTF Shiwoo, such a long time since last doll got home. Allmost 6 months. ^.^' Bought him in secret because he was SO cute. Bit of an impulse.

Doll 5 - Michael, IOS Gin, had fallen in love with him in December but he was sold out. As soon as I saw he was on sale again I bought him. I love him and have since then realized he looks a bit like my bf...

Doll 6+7 - Eve & Lynn, Fairyland MNF Shushu, I wanted a MNF because of their poseability. Thought twins would be nifty. Loved the eyes of Shushu and got them home in May. There's where I am now.

16. I remember promising my bf that all I would get was one... That was back in 2006. I now have 20, with one more on the way. I go onto the internet and dolls just happen to beg me to bring them home.

17. I had seriously planned on only one considering the sticker shock I went through just trying to get her. But..... The history begins

Doll 1: (KDM Sweet dream memory Issac) OMG... I just have to have her. she's an LE? Oh so expensive... well it says there are 5 of her left, I cant believe that something that expensive will sell before I can raise the money. (2 hrs later) OMG... there is only two left! *to husband* Please, can you get it for me for my anniversary present! You can also make it my birthday and christmas present combined! Please there is only two left!" So Mine.

Doll 2: (DZ WS Fox) Surfing featherfall... OMG auctioning off a fox? I thought I could only get those special. I can get it for how cheep if I email saying I want it now??? *Grabs CC and runs to PP emailing all the while* MINE

Doll 3: (Puki Puki) omg so cute and so cheep. *Looking at the other DoA people showing off the sheer cuteness* SO gotta have one! (Unfortunately about a week later realized that she was just too small, though very cute and found a good home for her).

Doll 4: (KDM boy) While saving for my Kara Klum dream man, got uber impatient and realized for what I had saved now I could get this lil boy. basically the younger version of Kara... he could work. He is really cute! (boy sold later to get dream doll)

Doll 4: (Volks school head B) Its Dolpa 3 and I have to learn to face paint. Well, it is a practice head and I can get eyes and a wig for it. (A few months later with one better wig and nicer eyes) omg... for some reason the name Polly keeps coming to mind. Wonder what she'd look like with a body (One DoA used DD2 later and a cute head attachment tutorial later) OMG.. its HER!

Doll 5: (YDM Kara Klum) My dream man... been wanting him for ever! If I sell my KDM boy I am sure I can scrape up enough to get him! So Lovely... HE is my Perfect Jereth!

Doll 6: (IslandDoll Artemis)
      *to friend* omg.. look at her.. so cute. I would love to get her.
      *friend to me* you sure?
      *me back* yah...
      * Friend* what would you call her?"
      *Me* Isa...
      *friend* so you already have a name for her?
      *Me* yah.. she's my Isa.
      *Friend* well she's yours now.
      *Me* ??
      *Friend* just dont expect birthday or christmas present this year.
      *Me* !! OMG OMG... really????
      *friend* :)
      *me tongue tied.. and almost crying* Thank you.

18. I never said I would get just one, but now I'm probably over my max. I got 7 dolls now, but there is one I don't bond with any more and one that is questionable. I think my max is 6 becous then I can give them all equal attention and play with them when I want. ^^

I got my first one in nov 07 and the last one at the end of last year/beginning this year (totally not sure)

19. I'm still saving up for my first one, but each time I keep looking at pictures of dolls I start wanting more than just one. :doh

I wanted one to start with and my friend wanted one too. We said our dolls could be best friends, but we totally had in mind different ideas as to the look of the dolls, not to mention mine would end up being a whole 7 inches taller than hers. So now I kinda want to get another one that I like to be his "other" best friend. :sweat

Then we wanted another friend of ours to have a girl doll but she didn't want one because she didn't want it watching her while she slept. :| So that means I need to get a little sister for my doll, myself.

Then after viewing a few more pics and unfortunately falling in love with twins,*_* it brings my wish list to a total of 6. Two older boys, three teen boys (Two of which are twins), and a little girl.

I'll still be happy if I can at least get one tho. :)

20. Well, my husband thinks I'll end up with 7 so... >_<

At the moment, it's just a March and an IH Benny on the way. Then I made the "mistake" of looking at Fairyland and had a little piece of my heart stolen by Bisou, lol. However, no money means all I can do is look and that's a GOOD THING. I don't think there's any danger of dolls multiplying like crazy unless I land a better paying job, someone I never knew leaves me a ton of money, or the market collapses and the dolls are suddenly $25 a piece or something! XD