1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

They're Multiplying Like Jackrabbits!..Well I started out with just 1 doll...

Jul 2, 2010

1. I started with a chiwoo and then got a Baha a year later....three years later and now I'm up to 5 and I'd like to have a few more.

2. Well, I am all ready to purchase my first doll now. He'll probably be the only doll that I will tote around and dress and put a lot of attention and care too. I do see myself buying those tiny little dolls. and having a little army. They're just way too cute not to have. Maybe I'll have a doll, for my doll.

Good Lord. LOL

3. You know, the first one was hard, saving waiting..waiting. The second one was a lot easier. Now there are..several.

I blame floating heads. You can afford a head--if you are patient, it's not much more than a fancy dinner out. So there is the head, looking at you. So you start looking for a inexpensive body for the head, and in the meantime you see more affordable, interesting heads that don't take up much room, and don't need clothes..but then, they too start nudging for bodies. Then you have inexpensive bodies that don't match the heads in style, or aren't such great posers, so you save and buy the "correct" body, and then you have this extra body, so you start looking for an interesting head to go on that body...

4. I bought my first almost as an impulse at a convention. I knew about the dolls but had always felt that they were just too expensive and I wasn't sure I could get in to the hobby. Within a month and a half I had ordered my second doll. Shortly after he arrived I ordered another. I wound up selling my first doll within my first 6months in the hobby. I learned something about the way I prefer to collect. Originally I had thought I would enjoy just owning one or two dolls, just to be pretty I guess. Turns out that just wasn't how I collected. I get very attached to dolls as shells for characters in the stories I write. So I sold my first to buy my third. I also learned that I don't like girl dolls (I don't tend to like female characters either). I have one girl doll (the fourth doll I purchased) and she will probably always be with me but I won't have any others. Now I own 8 full dolls, one head and one head on the way. I've owned many more that didn't work and I wound up selling, and I have several others planned in the future. I have not set a number that I will limit myself too, as long as there are characters I want to shell in doll form I will continue to look for sculpts to fit them.

5. Who doesn't?
      At first I told myself one would be just fine... then I figured I should get a girl at least, too.
      Then the 3rd was too gorgeous to resist, the 4th was to die for... then a floating head came. Before I knew it, I have 4 dolls and one floating head (who I plan to get a body for, soon), in just a year.

They really do multiply. Gah. >_<'

6. Doll 1: Elfdoll Alice Cherry Blossom

I fell in love when she first came out but always missed the order periods or she was sold out before I could nab her. Luck was with me and I got the very last edition of her!

Doll 2: Pet-Ari Otter Dalsoo(forgot the company)

Bought as a friend for little Alice, the price didn't hurt my wallet too much and it was a fun little buy

Doll 3: MNF Lishe- I received her in January, she's not quite developed as easily as I had hoped, I'm still cracking into her personality.

Doll 4: MNF Scar Breakaway- Didn't bond, even after getting him all dressed up, alas, bits and pieces have been sold off.

Doll 5: MNF Miyu- Adorable girl, love love love her. She's so fun to dress up.

Doll 6: Elfdoll Twiggy Yumi- Extremely lucky find on ebay. I was wanting to get a basic version of her anyways but I loooved the limited look. She's definitely a favorite right now.

That's 5 dolls now...in about two years in the hobby, that's about all I can really afford without breaking my bank.

7. I started with two (an msd and an event tiny, which I sold a few months back). Half a year later I saw an SD on a convention/fair and fell in love, I ordered him the week after. ( I wasn't able to pay on the spot, good thing that I was able to think it over for about a week :p). He would be my last, untill Soom came with Bygg :p Short decision period, but bought. And then a friend won a shiwoo scar head and sold it to me to fund her new doll :p.
      That year, from januari to December, I collected 4,5 dolls :p. In the months after I decided to sell my tiny event doll, since it just didn't work, she was too small and the Bygg spare head. Took me a few months to get both sold. And in the mean time I ordered a spirit Dark :p

I guess I don't like having just one doll per size :p 1 SD, 2 MSD sharing a body and one YoSD. So the second SD is on his way and I still plan to buy a body for my girl. She has to do with a boy body for almost a year now :p Still need to save up a bit though :) I don't think I'll need another YoSD, unless Soom comes with another way too cute thingie ^^

Mine are indeed breeding like rabbits :p

8. Yeeaah... XD;;
      Technically I've got about 3 too.
      I got a pretty floating head free with my first one, so yeah..
      And if all goes well there are a couple others I'll be able to get a good deal on...
      ffffff.;;;

9. Well, not counting the floating heads, I only have one girl and it's been that way for about two years. If I stopped buying so much stuff for her, I probably would have saved up enough for the other three I have planned. Whoops! XD

10. I never started with one doll. I started with two, and knew that if I enjoyed the hobby, I would have a small army. Said army is coming along slowly, but I'm just glad the I like MSD size and not SD+, or else this would be madness!

I've sold said two, and have managed to focus on what I want. That really doesn't help me much.

11. Oh geez... >.<;
      1. Well my first didn't turn out so well (OT), but that happened about a month after I got into the hobby. His name is Kai~
      2. Then about three months later I decided he needed his boyfriend and I ordered Draven. xD
      3. October came along and I thought it would be a splendid idea to put a Chrom on layaway until Christmas. And then there were 3
      4. Now my birthday is comming again and I think there might be a little surprise for me in my mom's closet ^^
      5. And~ I'm trying to put money down on a Volks Magie Head. ^^; Then she'll need a body...

I MUST STOP. But I can't! ;_;

12. I figured that my first doll was going to be one of the 1/2 boys (if I'm going to get a doll, then I may as well make it something insane), but my parent's didn't want me to spend that kind of money (even though he's cheaper than the average 1/3). A few days ago I ordered my first doll (a 1/3 ;) ) but I'm still going to get one of the 1/2 dolls (my life goal is to get a 1/1 BJD).

13. I havnt even bought my first yet and i plan on having four at the moment, it started with wanting two(i have 2 charcaters that i draw alot and they are kindof a couple, so i needed a doll for both xD)but then there was another one i really liked, and i had another charcater anyway, but then i made another character, but i dont know what mold to get for him yet, xD
      all the ones i want so far are crobidolls, i'm in love with they're molds xD

14. My collection was supposed to be five, my top characters Emily, Vincent, Ty, Toby and Miyu...

1. Was of course Emily. MSD
      2. Miyu came in Puki form, too cute <333
      3. Sold Puki to upgrade Miyu to Yo-SD
      4. Ty came, first big boy. SD.
      5. Toby came, yay. MSD
      6-7. ... then I fell off my objective, Lucy came. And two weeks later Alice came too. Two MSD girls.
      8. Sold Yo-SD and went back to Puki. Tink came.
      9. Vincent finally came, BIIIG man <3
      10. I wanted a big girl, Dollfie Dream Aoi became Vanayelle.
      12. Emily needed a friend. Anzu was adopted. MSD.
      13. Toby`s sister Trish joined us. MSD.
      14. Wanted another Dollfie Dream, dynamite Yukino came Adelia.
      15. ... and another Dollfie Dream, Yui came. First character doll.

... and now Im waiting for 2 dolls, DoD Shall to be upgraded Emily, and Soom Deneb to be Belladriel.

17 dolls in 2,5 years since first purchase.. And I feel I have barely started. :sweat

15. heh, now i feel a bit more comfortable knowing 5 dolls and planning is semi-normal for 6-7 months....ish

ichi: Dollfie Dream ws head003 (jan/feb '10):

i blame danny choo. i paid half, mum paid half :D

ni/san: DoT Ducan/DoT E-an (may-june '10):
      *-* holy shit--ducan's hot. -begs mom for about half a month-
      me: pweeeeeseee? ;A; i passed my japanese final in case you didn't knowww
      mom: no. too expensive.
      me: b-but ;A; i NEVER ask you for anything!! (this expensive...)
      mom: ...show me. the doll
      me: >:D *shows doll*
      mom: ...no.
      me: ;A;
      grandpa: *instaclicks add to cart*
      mom: nonononoonononono N.O.
      grandma: ooohh and her too <33
      mom: mom!!!
      me: *stares at them, drooling* :U NOOOOOOOO!!!! GRANDMA!! GRANDPA!!
      grandma/pa: yes?
      me: *____* w-whaiiiii~~~~ =3=
      grandma/pa: ^-^ we love you too, -insertnamehere-
      me: ;A; s-sankuu~
      mom: ...

i recently replaced their eyes, cause their defaults dod gave me were creepy as hell o^o had to re-string e-an as well, she was too loose...

shi/go: DoT LE Delphine/DoI LE Kalix (secondhand, ws, june-july '10):

me (april '10): ;A; whaiiiii must she be ltd!?!!? ;A; oh beautiful fangs, lovely elven ears sculpt...whaiiii~~~~~
      me (june '10): *surfs ebay for clothing for e-an/ducan...they're still in their defaults...* :U HOLYSH-- BOTH!?
      mom: whut?
      me: ;A; d-d-d-doll....
      mom: ...again?
      me: ;A;
      mom: ...but she has fangs. and pointy ears
      me: BUT THEY'RE SO PRETTYYYYYY ;A;
      mom: fangs. ears. ewww
      me: ;A; I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALWAYS SAYING ITS YOUR DOLL, NOT MINE
      mom: ...how much?
      me: ;A; -insert number here- for one
      mom: ...so you're saying there's another one?
      me: ;A; *slowly nods and points at picture with delphine/kalix in them* y-you can't separate their LOVEEE <3333
      2 days later, they were ordered
      mom: ...just don't ask for anything for christmas
      me : ;A; <333333
      bought on half impulse ^^; just arrived a couple days ago, need to restring and wash them though, they're secondhand and fairly worn down. this should keep me busy for a while >:D

etc.
      recently found a dress for DD, so now she has some form of decent clothing, also got her a new head--002 cause 003 kinda bugged me :/ wish they had 004 in ws though... also got faceup materials to do faces :D and i should probably focus on cleaning up the dolls i have now before getting new ones...maybe if i retired my DD to a friend (cause she's trying to save up for one, but is most worried about shipping costs and etc. etc. etc) i could earn a bit for the finishing touches on my current dolls...but then that means getting a new DD body...that may actually work >:D then i think i have too many 60 cm DoD dolls...but they're really really pretty *^* hmm...oh! what about a DoC instead!! >:D hurrhurr, so many DoDs....*slaps self* GET TOGETHER WOMAN! *sigh* too many to choose from, i have a definant feeling there'll be many...more...dolls....and many of them may or may not be on semi-impulse ^^; such an expensive hobby

16. I just began collecting last year (Nov 2009, doll arrived in Dec). I first decided on just 3 dolls, and ordered my first around that month with the latter 2 planned for around Jan and Feb 2010. Well, aside from the first and second, nothing really went according to plan. And now, only 8 months since I started, I just finished paying for my 9th doll :o and really trying hard not to think about the 10th. And the 11th. And the 12th... :?

17. I've been drooling over BJDs since '04 and never thought I'd actually have the money to ever own one to be honest. It was one of those dreams that you resign yourself to never quite reaching but due to the fact that I currently don't have kids and I'd stashed up a bit of money, I was finally able to buy one in December of '09. Of course, I said to myself at the time, "If I can just own one, I'll be perfectly happy."

I'm currently waiting on a body for a head I purchased a month ago which, once complete, will become my second doll.

I do have plans to buy a final third doll because the number 'three' has always been a nice number for me. Once my crew is complete, I will have two male dolls and one female doll. I do often find myself thinking I can go one more and make it four but if I start to let myself do that, I'll just keep adding on another number and another number and then it'll all just get out of control so I'm keeping a firm grip on my resolution of three dolls (which is not easy with all the nice sculpts around!).

18. That expression is especially apt for me this June break. My crew had expanded by half its former size in just two months. >__<

19. I love all kinds of dolls, and I'm well aware of my own hoarding tendencies. I don't really see a need to put a limit on the number of dolls I get. After all, it's my money, and as long as I can afford this hobby, I'll collect.

I only have one BJD at this time, and she is definitely getting a friend!

20. I agree ._. I only wanted 4, and now I have 4, with 5/6 more in the works. X_X All in a year.

-prays the crew doesn't expand-