1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

They're Multiplying Like Jackrabbits!..Well I started out with just 1 doll...

Jul 2, 2010

1. Oh gosh i only planned on two both being large SD types and a boy and a girl. Got that and then wound up falling in love with a teenie, and thought well it would hurt to have a little variety... I wound up having 4 teenies and a 5th in the works ><;; one after the other.. (two of them were made into two dolls lol)

2. I started out wanting just one. ONE.

Less than a week after ordering her, I found two more dolls on the DOA marketplace that just called to me. So within four weeks of ordering my ONE doll, I had three. Two months later, number 4 came home.

And it sorta went from there. I'm currently sitting at seven, with plans for one more. Just ONE MORE. An SD girl to go with my lone SD boy.

Watch me fail... I already found three on the MP that I waaaaaaant.

3. After I saw the first one that I HAD TO HAVE, I decided that--since he was going to be the main character from my writings--that I would have to have almost all of the other prominent characters. So in the six months of saving for my first doll, I was already planning out about twenty more. ^^;

Of course, I've taken a more realistic view of my bank account over the last three years and I've pared down my plans quite a bit. I have only three full dolls and six floating heads, but half of those floating heads are up for sale because I've decided I want fewer large dolls, at least.

Now, if only those Minifees and ChicLine dollies wouldn't be so darn tempting.. I could easily live with an army of those..

4. seems like it's inevitable :lol: I started wanting one, now I want that doll to have a twin sister...what a terrible start :doh ...
      What scares me now is paying for the ones I decided to buy and suddenly have a beautiful limited appear from nowhere (you know how temptation appears with the perfect timing), that puts so much pressure , I hope I can handle all this and be able to keep my sanity. *_*

5. Oh yeah, I so belong here :lol:

When I first got to the hobby I was like: "okay girl, look at those prices. No more than two."
      Actually, after a year, I have one home, second which I'll be ordering soon, three others that are already on list and hundreds on wishlist.

When I remember saying only two....I have to laugh. Really hard.

6. 1st doll: "last August" I was telling myself I'll only get one girl just to dress her up with beautiful dresses.
      2nd doll: I should get a boy so I could dress him up and pair him with my sweet girl
      3rd : I need yosd girl to be the daughter of the lovely couple
      4th : My boy needs a friend I'll get him one " bought head"
      5th : The friend of my boy needs a boyfriend "bought another head"
      6th : Poor little one "my only tiny" she needs a friend "bought LE full set with extra sleeping head"
      7th : The poor tiny head, she needs a body "becomes the twin of the friend of my first tiny @_@"
      8th & 9th : Oh they are running a GO for Minimee of my fav. characters, I should join them "Nooo they are missing the third one to complete the threesome"
      10th: Why everyone fussing about volks I should buy a cheap head to see " Big mistake, I fell in love with VOLKS and my wallet is doomed"
      11th: This head well be perfect for the third "bought another head again"
      12th: o.O this girl body is really cheap "bought" ah it's needs a head "bought"
      13th: This family needs a pet "bought anthro doll"
      14th: Oh no the family needs an elderly and I've heard about Dollshe " again, I bought a head to join the army I have :sweat"
      15th: I love volks but they are too expensive, I should buy a tiny "bought"
      16th: The elderly needs friend (or boyfriend :|) "bought"

.... I've now 14 complete dolls and 2 heads after almost one year since I've started this hobby and I don't see any near end to this.

7. I see where this is going, soon it will be the family lineage with all the new generations :o ...gotta be brave shoujo!

8. Well right now I have my first on the way.. and I had originally only planned on getting the one... but there are soooo many sculpts I think are beautiful and I'm probably plannning on getting at least two more MSD sized ones, another boy and a girl. I'd also like to eventually get a body for a SD head I'll be recieving as well, and eventually a tiny as well (I fell in love with a PukiPuki).

9. I had planned for two. Alec, and his best friend/partner-in-crime-justice, Kitty. Alec was a lucky find off the MP from a defunct company (my dream doll, at the time, and I still love him to ittles), but it took me a year after that to save up for Kitty. Unfortunately, I'd screwed up with the PayPal on her layaway, so the order window for the limited Shoyo she was supposed to be passed. So I ordered her as a regular tan Shoyo, but DDE had a Puki Piki in stock, I didn't want to wait forever for a new doll, so I ordered Jason almost as an impulse!

I'm surprised I've managed to restrain myself further - certainly my wishlist has exploded!

10. I'd known from the start that one doll was never going to cut it for me. I'd planned to base my dolls after 4 characters from a role-play that had just ended with a very dear friend of mine, and the dolls were to serve as a sort of momento to that. My first 2 dolls came home nicely according to plan...and then? Well, the characters decided they didn't want to be out of my life yet. As it turned out, while waiting for my first 2 dolls I made a very good friend in the waiting room, and she and I started up a new role-play that branched off my original storyline. Suddenly my 3rd planned doll was kicked to the curb as one of my characters found a new lover (and thus a completely different doll chosen since although the other character is still active, I no longer have any desire to own him), and I began reviving some of my older characters and creating new ones to keep the role-play going. Suddenly these characters were becoming more fleshed out and dear to me than ever before and were instantly added to the Must-Bring-Home list. Added to the fact that my friend has sort of fallen out of the hobby and give me permission to resin-fy her characters, I have twice as many as I did before!

Now, instead of 4 dolls, I have 6 full dolls and a floating head, 1 misfit doll, one full doll on the way as well as a body (not for said floating head either, this body is its own new character). Ironically enough, the 4th doll I had planned way back when, a Musedoll Re-Che to become my character La Arana, has managed to survive all the changes and is still on my most wanted list. Unfortunately the poor guy is continually pushed back in favor of dolls who embody characters that I've developed a much greater connection to. Even so, I'm certain that someday he will make it home, even if it's 4 years later than I had originally planned. Although I'd ideally like to cap off my complete group at around 14 dolls total (15 counting the misfit), I'm no longer quite so worried about keeping that number flexible.

11. I had thought about getting 2, maybe three....now five years later, I have nearly 50 dolls/heads, with 13 more on the wishlist.

12. I thought one, maaaaybe 2. *snorts* I have 7 currently and am actively searching for number 8.

Doll 1: *wistful sigh* he's so pretty. Ummm, I have that money left over from Ycon.... (Moswen, AoD tanned Chi)

Doll 2: If I buy Moswen, I get a free head. Cool. This works perfectly. You will be Kijika. *note: Kijika didn't approve of this sculpt and refused to live in it. Instead, Moswen and Kijika's son, Jaiseki, claimed the sculpt* (Jaiseki, AoD NY Min)

Doll 3: OMG! That's him! That's Kijika! *scrapes money together desperately* (LE Doll/AoD collab NY Adonis)

Doll 4: Holy Hanna! You're Kys. What? Only 2 of you left? And there won't be any more? But... I was supposed to buy Jolen first. I have him all picked out and everything. *sighs and raids piggy bank* (Kysmirhea, CD NY Longway)

Doll 5: *browsing through MP when I certainly know better* Haniel? For how much? Okay, so this is a b'day and advance Xmas present all rolled into one. Cool. (Haniel, Cherish Chubby Demon)

Doll 6: Jolen was a gift from 3 wonderful friends of mine that got to me about a week before Xmas. (Jolen, RS Blue Jun)

Doll 7: *browsing through MP when I certainly know better. Again.* Holy crud! Teen!Haniel. Should I buy or not? *wibbles for a month* (Haniel, MNF WS Ruth)

I've also got an AoD tanned Min head that was sent to me in error. I had no idea what I'd do with this head until a few months ago when I started writing a story with a character named Etireh. You guessed it, he claimed that sculpt *head desk*. I have chosen his lover, Wynn (Leeke Wein), but have no idea when I'll be getting Etireh his body or his lover. The next doll I intend to buy is Sarojin, Jaiseki's lover, but the exact right sculpt is proving to be a little tricksey (and frustrating as hell).

So that'll be 10 dolls right there and if you add in the other dolls that I've seen who are other characters of mine, that brings the number up to 14. Toss in the other 2 dolls that I think are just cool and want simply for that reason and I'm at 16.

I still don't have a very clear idea on what exactly happened. *scratches head*

13. I'm like other people in here, I knew one would never be enough. My first boy Keth'riel (RS Long) will turn 1 in september and I already have 4 others. #2 was my little pixie Keely (RS Mei) then I happened upon a MnM scuplt in the MP and I HAD TO HAVE, I love you Sephy, #4 was me trying to figure out how much shipping direct from the company would be... Aewyn is a sweety (RS Lian) and #5 has a very long story, but he was being taken care of by a girl who didn't really want him, and the person who had asked her to care for him has long since split and did some other unsavory things, so Yazoo (Luts Cian) is helping pay off some of the things the bad person did. And my wishlist is endless, My top 2 next in line are EID Tedros and Volks Megu.

14. Let's see here...

1. My first I got because she was less money and I could get her right then. I wanted her to be like a white angel, but she didn't want that.
      2. I fell in love with her look on the MP. She was going to be the black angel, but she didn't want to be one either.
      3. He was the first doll I'd ever picked out as "I want to buy this" so I did.
      4. Impulse buy. I wanted a little doll, so I picked a Puki. He was for sale by someone in our local group, so I got him (was then a her) right then and there.
      5. I bought her off the MP and compromised on what I wanted. Never good. I sold the body, but I still have the head.
      6. My friend had one doll that I was absolutely in love with, so I got the same sculpt. He's so great!
      7. Impulse buy. A "she's preeetyyy" moment and I could put her on layaway, so I got her. First Volks
      8. Glati. He was so cute and a friend had one that I got to play with. I picked him up and thought "oh crap, I gotta buy one too."
      9. A super super ginormous impulse buy. I saw the Lorina on the website for Dolpa and I thought that her face was a little chubby for my tastes. When I got there and saw her in person, I had to try for her in the second chance. I got her!

The number has been going up. At first it was like eight, then ten, then twelve, now it's no more than 15.

15. welllll, from the very beginning i planned to have more than one doll.
      right now i only have one (cuz i keep re-selling the other ¬.¬ ) but i've got 2 on their ways! woohoo! 3 dolls at the same time! that will be a personnal record xD
      i've had my first doll one year minus 2 days ago! (almost happy birthday to him :D )
      and i have an army of heads xD 3. one is waiting for its body and the 2 others i'm trying to sell... ^^;;

if i make a list....:
      1- i REALLY love woosoo. its my dream doll! but UGH, 800$ for a head? so i bought the MNF version instead!
      2- pretty much an impulsive buy. i loved that mold but didnt have a caracter for him & didnt know what kind of clothes/shoes to buy him so i sold him (breakaway)
      3- this one had a caracter. but it was a girl head (lusis) on a KDF body. hated the body and realized a girl head wasnt such a great idea xD sold him too
      4- re-bought a breakaway head, but this time in NS. i missed him xD he really was photogenic! (waiting for a souldoll body)
      5- limhwa tan human: i wanted a half elf for this caracter but i saw the Human on the market place. comes with high heel feet, is NOT orange (cuz sometimes, limhwa tan comes out orange), and she had a beautiful faceup! so i bought her ^^

history of the heads:
      well i said about the breakaway head. the 2 others: bought the Event head from my friend cuz she needed money and i thought i could sell it anyway!
      bought a moon head for a caracter, but i realized i'd never have enough for a body for a loooong time, so i put him for sale ^^;; (thats me: buy and sells 2 days later ¬_¬ )

16. I am DEFIANTLY getting more than one. I just ordered my first.

I was really tied in between the MNF Shushu and MNF Miyu and my friends convinced me to get Shushu as my first doll.
      Now, I really really wanted Miyu, but I can live for a couple months till I can afford Miyu. X3

Then I have a couple SD boys that I want, so I'm gunna be all over the place.

17. When I looked at this thread yesterday I thought, "Hah! Those fools with no self-control! I shall have only two dolls in my lifetime, I need no more!"

And then I remebered that when I first got into this hobby I was so sure that I would only have one. A girl.

Of course now I am planning to get a boy as well (I even know what month I am going to order him in - a year after my first, no need to appear too obsessed.) But even then a boy and a girl seems sensible.

Yeah. Today it's up to three dolls.

My backup-plan doll just went and got a personality of her own, and I'm sure that no matter how hard I resist, I'm going to end up buying her.

I don't even own one yet and the dolls are already multiplying in my head.

&#12288;
      (I also caught myself recently thinking that if I'm going to try and sell clothes for SDs, then it would actually make financial sense to get a MSD too and broaden my market. I'm doomed, aren't I? So glad to see I'm not alone.)

18. Well it was the plan to just have one doll. I've had so many since then, since characters do change. Right now I'm up to 17, with a goal of having 20 as the storylines I have need that many. However, seeing as so many good dolls are brought out each year, I doubt I will just have that many.

19. Lol, I thought one would be enough - and then I saw a tiny (which I thought I would NEVER want) but IT WAS SO CUTE! So I got a tiny and then sold the MSD body and the tiny to get a different body and a different tiny and then I plan to get another MSD and ..... crap, I'm totally screwed here, aren't I.

20. I've only been in it for a year and I have ten at home and one on the way.

Even some people in the hobby are a little shocked at first, but it's one of the main focuses of my hobby/fun stuff spending.

I love having a little (medium-sized?) doll family ^_^