1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Thick Art Doll Bodies (Mini Size)?

Jun 3, 2020

1. I really like the Leekeworld Art Bodies, the ones that are thick thighs. However, they're sold out and I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know of any other bodies like this that are available? TIA

2. Myou has a msd sized body that’s rather pear shaped. It’s not as thick as a Leeke body but it’s a similar shape. I think it’s the type 2 body.

3. Summerbird BJDs are amazing. I have both the Leekeworld Art and Summerbird body and love 'em!

You can find Leekeworld art body pretty well on the secondhand market. Summerbird is harder to find.

Are you looking for more mature thickness or immature? Because there are thick 1/4 but they are stylized like thick baby-like features. They're called 1/4 BB.

4. Oh yes I should have specified! I would like mature/adult 1/4, which makes this even harder. Can you recommend other places to look for the Leekeworld art body? <3

@Elomina thank you!

@sugarcactus oh my gosh the summerbird body is wonderful!

5. Right!? Everyone is waiting for another pre-order from her. :( I hope she's okay and hope all is well.

Another artist doll people like is Rap1993. Those are more wider hips than thick thighs.

You can always find thicker thighs like in Iplehouse JID (the previous type they offer as their new type is rather immature). I have seen people hybrid more MSD looking heads on Iplehouse FID bodies (fashion sized doll) and Raccoon Doll bodies (also fashion sized doll) to give them a more mature, full body, and they tend to be very thick looking. They are not pear-shaped like the Leekeworld body though.

*Fashion size dolls are basically doll proportions that match SD but shrunken down to MSD size.

As for Leekeworld art bodies, unfortunately the secondhand market like here on DoA, IG, and Facebook are the only places I can recommend.

Another doll from Theory BJD Moon came up recently too: https://denofangels.com/threads/m-theorybjd-new-doll-moon.823568/

6. M.Theory Moon showed up in the news section here on DOA just the other day, and she seems to have a very stylized pear shape! Pretty sure she's just opening for preorder.

EDIT: haha nvm, sugarcactus beat me to it!

Unfortunately by the nature of it being an art body it's sort of difficult to find this style of body readily available. :sweat Dust of Dolls' Roze line has a similar silhouette... but they're also pretty rare and VERY expensive, so. :huh?:

I could almost see Ango-Doll's big baby style body achieving the same effect if you did some creative frankensteining and modding? But that's opening up a whole 'nother can of worms.

#6 0bsequi0us, Jun 3, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    7. I looked for curvy dolls too, I ended up with a 1/6 scale for my mini me. She's a Morningstar Dolls Fransisca.

8. Argodoll on instagram just announced a plus size 1/4 scale body. If it's like their 1/3 scale one, she's going to be beautiful!

Legranddoll also made plus size 1/4 dolls. Unfortunately, she is closed, but you might be able to find one second hand.

I also recommend maybe checking out Digidolls on instagram. Her dolls are more stylized, but they're curvy and cute.

9. Argodoll's plus size 1/3 is amazing! I would love that in 1/4 size! Thanks for telling me <3

10. Island doll has the Wind Island 39cm body that is both pear-shaped and genderless so it can pass for a female or male depending on how you dress it.

11. There is always Lillycat Dolls. Wide hips and thick thighs, if that's what you want. The heads are really beautiful, which is why they are expensive, plus made in small batches. I have Ninon and Deavon, and I want more!

12. I was just about to ask this very question here . They’re so unique! I’m thinking of ordering a Myou 1/6

#12 JessWilliamson, Jul 24, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    13. Boudi dolls! They are curvy, they are not pricey (400$), and they are ready to ship. You can get a tan or choco for no additional costs!

14. They’re awesome!!