1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Thick eyebrows or thin eyebrows?

Jan 22, 2017

1. I think too that it`s depends on character. But I like when eyebrows looks like natural human`s. Solid line, cartoon and anime style is not for me.

2. I like medium/thick brows! I mean super thick ones are pretty, but they're not my style!

3. I've already reaponded here, but my love for thick eyebrows has not diminished! Here's my Dollits Miso with her ample brows~ (Though her equally ample hair covers them a bit...)

[​IMG]
      09-13(2) by kiyoshisenshi, on Flickr

4. So perfect ginger girl! In combination with these hair and freckles eyebrows look very successfully.

5. Thin eyebrows! I really dislike thick eyebrows, especially on child or woman sculpts. I'm okay with medium thickness eyebrows on adult male sculpts, but they have to look realistic and they have to fit the face sculpt and character.

6. Thin eyebrows for female sculpts and medium eyebrows for male sculpts, these are my aesthetic preferences for eyebrows thickness.

7. Obviously it depends on the aesthetic of the face but I am obsessed with thicker eyebrows!!! I don't see very many bjds with thicker eyebrows as everyone seems to favor thinner ones.

8. I like both, for me it is what suits that character. I prefer eyebrows that are drawn to look realistic, with little individual hairs and some skin showing thru..Or a soft brow..

9. I really adore thick eyebrows on dolls and in real people.
      For me, thick eyebrows make them look even more real and beautiful.
      Yet, there are some sculpts and characters, who in my opinion, do not fit the thick eyebrow trend.
      Otherworldly or supernatural characters are also exceptions to that, in my opinion, for the most part those go well with thin eyebrows.

10. Extra thicc! :thumbup Okay, maybe not that thick, but I prefer thick to thin.

11. I like normal, human eyebrows. I think over-plucked brows look silly on women, so on my girls I like tidy, clean brows, and on my boys, natural, masculine brows. Nothing pencil thin or caveman thick on either gender...just that attractively happy place in between. :thumbup

12. Either with some wispy bits!

13. I like the look of a thicker brow, especially on the ladies. Unfortunately thick eyebrows seem to be somewhat rare, at least with the companies I've looked at, so I don't have any dolls with them yet.

14. Depends on character and sculpt. Too thin ones aren't my cup of tea, so I avoid them. I'm otherwise flexible. Personally, I prefer thicker eyebrowes, but they aren't suitable for all characters or sculpts.

15. Somewhere between... Not too thin, and not too thick.

16. I'm thick eyebrows all the way! For smaller/cuter dolls I tend to make them just a little smaller or little circles/half the normal size of a brow

17. I love thin eyebrows with a nice shape! Not a fan of bushy eyebrows.

18. I have thick eyebrows myself, so I tend to prefer thinner brows on my dolls. Chaeri's brows aren't super thin but they're on the light side of medium.

19. [​IMG]

This image belongs to Pepstar(AKA Lisa Jameson) but I wanted to show you the exact type of eyebrows I love. Lisa does amazing eyebrows! I love these eyebrows on dolls and people!

20. I like the look of both. It really depends what look one is going for. With that said, thin eyebrows are much easier to make :sweat
      I am really bad at painting the individual hair and it's easier to mess up on thicker brows.