1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

thing you would love to see in the bjd world?

Sep 4, 2008

1. Whoa. Those are some seriously ace antlers... *_*

2. not a pentacle alone but ive seen a few weresolf movies, read a few books, and heard a few stories about werewolfs being marked with a pentacle, so while not all of them do, and while pentacles are also known to represent witches and other things it would still work for werewolf

and i wouldnt say that, in some stories/legends they are much hairier then they where before they became a wolf or their eyes have those light reflective mirrors in them or something like that

and even if they did ive heard quite a few vampire stories where they look like normale humans until they need to feed, but if you want people to recognise them you put fangs on them and vampyric jewely... so thats why you would put ears and teeth on a werewolf.....

3. but then again i guess whats clear to someone is foggy to another... i guess it just depends on the person

if you would like to see a movie with the pentacle legend watch the movie cursed

4. JennyNemesis and Brightfires : Wow, those are a seriously cool pair of antlers! I had seen some of her work, but I hadn't seen those. I may have to find a way to get something of the sort in MSD size later-I have a sort of jackalope character planned.

5. I agree about a male Dollfie Dreams!! If Volks were to make them like the neo go guys but in SD or SD13 size I'd buy it. Or maybe even making an SD13 version of the muscular Go Guy would be good.

I'd also like to see a mature SD13 or a sleeping version of my SD Ryo. He could still look boyish but with more angular face shape and eyes. :eusa_pray

6. I want to see more tiny men!! Like MiniGem size, but boys. Since I can't seem to bloody find one, I'm jsut gonna make my own! T_T;;

7. the more i think about it id really really like to see face up and tattoo stensils, mostly cuz im curious as to how they would work...

plus i could do my own face up without worrying about the eyelashes and eyebrows ( only things that are stopping me from wanting to do the face ups myself)

but then again i guess that would mean all our wonderful face up artists wouldnt have as much work to do and that might hurt their feelings or discourage them a bit

8. is there anything you would like to see here on DOA?

speaking of this do they already have a save/bookmark this thread button of some sort??

9. You can subscribe to threads. I believe it's in your Profile options.

Second the tattoo stencils! Even if they're just rough guides.

10. Might be just you with the pentagram thing, it really doesn't indicate anything to do with lycanthropy to me. Incidentally, a pentagram is an image of a pentacle; so everytime you see a tattoo, a drawing or even a scar of a five pointed star, where the inside forms a pentagon, surrounded by a circle, it is really a pentagram and *not* a pentacle.

I'm a witch and the pentagram is the symbol of my faith, I wear a pentacle around my neck, and I can tell you that most people would equate the pentacle with witchcraft and/or satanism rather than werewolves :) I'm curious where you got this werewolf association from! Any links?

Personally, I'm with Ann in CT. I think for a doll to be an effective werewolf, they would have to come kitted out like a Puki, with a human faceplate, changing faceplate and a werewolf faceplate, and optional parts like magnetic wolf hands and feet. Ultimately though, the werewolf has been reimagined so many times it would be hard for someone to come up with something that is iconically a werewolf in the majority's perspective.

The majority recognise the large fang 'look' because that is what is in the social consciousness about vampires. There isn't a single vampire story that doesn't feature prominent fangs in some way, so when you put fangs on a doll, or a drawing, or a person, people know they are supposed to be a vampire.

It's different with werewolves, because there have been so many different imaginings of what werewolves are supposed to look like, there is no definitive werewolf. In the Harry Potter and Discworld books, werewolves in wolf form are supposed to be virtually indistinguishable from real wolves, whereas in the Harry Potter films, the werewolf was some hideous, hairless ratty thing. In the Doctor Who episode 'Tooth & Claw' the werewolf was wolf-like in the head, hands and feet, but had a humanoid torso and limbs. In Supernatural, werewolves are humans with gaping mouths full of needle teeth, sharpened long fingernails, and shining eyes, and don't look wolfish in the slightest.

In three fandoms there are four different representations of what a werewolf is supposed to be/look like. :lol: I can see future threads springing up like the ones about boy dolls in skirts, "Waah! No one recognises my werewolf doll!"

*hands octobercrow a peace cookie* I know this reads like a rant, I'm so sorry, I'm not getting at you in the slightest...it's just because pentagrams and werewolves are close to my heart!

11. batchix has eyebrow templates for SD size dolls in their signature.

12. ooooh my apologies i did it again when i always confuse pentagrams and pentacles, i have a few wiccan friends so i know why that would be close to your heart i dont know the difference and their for always mix them up

( go to deviant art and search pentagram werewolf, and then search pentagram werewolf)

but in the movie cursed they say a werewolf is marked by a pentagram (or pentacle? maybe since i confuse the two) scar on the palm of their hands, ive heard of people saying they get those scares on their 4heads or on their wrists as well and some say there will be a pentacle of blood on the moon when a werewolf is made. again i cant back that up with a movie or anything its just something i have heard before, so it could be something someone pulled out of their butt who knows, my point is ive heard of this star in a circle thing associated with werewolves a few times

google it, there is a website that came up thats pretty much a chatroom for werewolves and a few people discussed the whole idea, although most people thought it was stupid or untrue, im not the only one that has heard of it lol so dont everyone think im crazy here as i said before watch the movie cursed, maybe do some re search and find some more on it

and while i agree with you that not everyone would recognise a werewolf because of how many different versions there are, some people would have to if the animal had a few of those things, i meanw hat else would they think it was??? a hairy vampire with wolf ears?? and dont forget vampires have been re imagined a few times as well, from the sexy beautiful/flawless person, tot he thin pale sickly creature, the nosfuratu creature, and the twisted faced creature from buffy,

and i have to disagree with no vampire story hasnt included the fangs

im pretty sure cirque du freak didnt (i could be wrong on that though)
      i know a book i read called sweet blood didnt
      and their are stories ive heard about a vampires who feasts on energy not blood, vampires who dont have sharp teeth and have to cut you with a knife or nails before feeding, and vampires who dont have teeth and only feed off of willing 'donaters'

but all in all i agree with you on the changing face plates would be better thing. i actually didnt know that was possible

13. im going to try and find some of these books and stories with the pentagram or pentagle werewolves cuz i feel like im alone here on this

14. Please do :) I really want to know where this comes from...not because it's bunk, it might have a really solid basis for all I know!

Ok, I fold with the vampire fangs thing, as soon as I posted that I remembered I'd read a few stories where they didn't have fangs :doh Anne Rice's vamps only get fangs a little while later than when they become a vampire, not straight away. You win ;) But I'm standing firm on the iconic vampire thing being fangs and a seductive look, because even though Buffy vamps and Supernatural vamps take the look further and in different directions, no one has copied those representations of vampires, so the traditional 'Vampire Lestat' look still stands :) And this is going waaaaaaay off topic, so have another peace cookie and let's call it even :lol:

15. read number 8 on this websight
      http://www.zerotime.com/night/detect.htm

watch this (explains a bit about the different religions and meanings)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qJYStISKYk

1940's Hollywood film The Wolf Man is a movie to watch, as well as cursed

i got this from http://www.thingsinthebasement.com/index.php/site/comments/the_history_of_werewolves/
      Hollywood. The 1941 movie starring Lon Chaney as the Wolf Man set the tone for much of what people today “know” about werewolves. Silver bullets, fortune tellers and pentagrams all seem to have come from the minds of Hollywood screenwriters

and there are quite a bit more, just google werewolves and pentagrams

16. ::agrees::
      To my mind, White Wolf games outlined a robust and inclusive taxonomy for werewolves (or garou) in the WoD gaming system. As someone who lives in a place where I am more likely to see a wolf than a Taco Bell, as well one who respects the Wiccan faith, I find the pentacle=werewolf association about as accurate a Hollywood assumption as lemmings jumping off cliffs or satanic backwards messages in ronck n' roll albums.

I've pondered a werewolf sculpt, and I like the idea of a puki-style magnet system. Well-crafted, you could mix and match parts to depict degrees of transformation. I wonder if White Wolf would be interested in licensing development of bjd figures of this type? The only problem with the magnets I could see is, maybe they wouldn't work so well scaled-up past tiny - you'd need a larger magnet to get a decent hold on parts, but larger rare-earth magnets can be a nightmare to get apart - I could see resin cracking under the stress.

Speaking of puki-parts, I'd like to see, as an accessory, a little cabinet or box to store puki attachments and faceplates when not in use, something that fits them just: so; they are so easy to misplace! I've often thot a I'd like a kind of glass-front protective locket I could keep tiny!Tibby's sweet little spare face in, and wear as jewelery.

(edit) Yes, I know 'Werewolf: the Apocalypse' was discontinued some time ago. Doesn't mean I -y'know- hafta like it ;D

17. i agree about the seductive look with the fangs! those are the vampires i love! (im obsessed with vamps!) but i was only meaning to make the point that although there are a few diffrerent versions of werewolves or vampires they can still be recognised

lol and it is sorta off topic isnt... ok truce! lol sadly....

i was having fun researching wolfies =]

18. please guys PLEASE dont take that wrong

what i said about werewolves wearing pentagrams was not! i repeat NOT in anyway meant to offend the wiccan or pagen religions! as i said earlier i have a few friends of those religions and i do not disrespect anyones religion no matter what it is in fact i love the wiccan religion! im just saying the werewolf pentacle thing IS around and if i was trying to make a doll look like a werewolf and not a vampire a pentical or pentagram scar would be one of the things i would add on to it

19. tigerbaby: I know a little bit about the garou from my brother, he's on a GM rotation for a RPG group and I'm trying to get him into BJDs, I think more fantastical ones would really seal his fate! I think the PukiPuki werewolf doll and Magic Items would work, do you think Fairyland does Halloween requests? :lol: I would love to see 'Puki Lupi' up there with Piki, Pipi and the rest.

I'd like a Puki chest of drawers with space for hands, feet and faces, that would be sweet and useful!

Octobercrow: I like the seductive vampires too, I've been re-reading 'Interview...' at work and fell in love with vampires all over again, but werewolves are more my thing. My boyfriend calls me his little werewolf!

Paid a' poeni ('don't worry' in my language), I don't think you're offending Wiccans and witches. It might be a good mod to add a pentagram scar to a werewolf doll anyway, and the werewolf doll could explain it to another doll before they turned into a full werewolf and ate them :lol: I think that there is room for a lot of creativity when you are playing with the mythology of certain folk creatures, it was simply that the association between werewolves and pentagrams seemed a bit bizarre to me because I'd never heard of it before.

I'm really sold on this PukiPuki thing...I want a vampire puki, a werewolf puki, a naga puki... :lol:

20. Fair enough. And I'm saying I'd find the misappropriation insulting enough to my intelligence that I probably wouldn't buy the doll...
      ::considers::
      ::qualifies::
      unless the sculpt was otherwise really amazing. And job one once I got it? would be getting rid of that ridiculous pentacle.

ROTFLOL!!! "Puki-Lupi" ::dies:: on they must do it, they must. If you forward the idea to Fairyland, I will sign the petition!! And be first in line to pre-order, if I have to eat ramen for all eternity!