1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

thing you would love to see in the bjd world?

Sep 4, 2008

1. im not sure if you saw it or not but under tigerbaby s post there are a few links for you

and we are exact opposites lol

i absolutly love werewolves and vampires but im more on the vampire side (and no its not because of twighlight, actually im not a huge fan of that book... but everyone asks lol)

i watched the movie the lost boys at a young age and from then on i was a little vampire girl, my love for werewolves is more recent though, only like 2 or 3 years ago i read the book blood and chocolate and i flipped over them! i actually have pondered making a vivian and gabriel bjd!

2. thats understanding

the fact that some vampires wear crosses offends some christians so i can see why some people would be offended by a werewolf wearing a pentagram

3. Tigerbaby: I've already emailed Fairyland customer services to see what they can do :D I wants my Puki Lupi!

Octobercrow: Thanks for the links, they're great :) I'll check them out properly when I have enough time! They might be useful for my stories. I've got my own werewolf story going on and I think I want my new girl to be one of my werewolf characters, but I know if I do I'll have to buy her girlfriend, her girlfriend's best friend and the best friend's boyfriend...and that's 3 more SDs than I ever wanted or needed! (:lol: I'm a writer with so many universes going on at the same time...you wouldn't believe!)

I know what I want to see... a BJD vaccine, so you only buy the ones you need!

4. lol yes i think we all need that vaccine!

5. I'd like more clothing patterns..since the pesky dolls seem to each have their own size and shape, I realize that is a tall order, but I am so slow at drafting patterns from scratch, and my time is limited!

And I'd love to see another drow type doll, ebony black like Buff's handmade drow,

.. and more cyborg Batchix Machina dolls, with embedded wiring..though I can imagine what a headache that would be..it would be a limited for sure...

..more "real people" looking Asian girls, like some of the Domuya heads, as someone mentioned before

..more dolls based on Chinese, Japanese and Korean folklore... maybe a kirin:)

6. ive always wanted a mowhawk wig =]
      it would be soo cool to have
      i would like to have one with like a buzz cut on the sides
      and really colorfull!

7. I'd love more masks.
      It's hard to find any really cute ones.. D:

I've been thinking about making my own.. but, I really don't know how I'd go about doing that. xD

9. I would love to see doll sized manga of all types. I would also like to see body armor for dolls. I am planning to buy a 60cm boy and his character always had a Kevlar vest on. I know I might be able to jurry-rig something but I would love to see some company would make them. I would also love to see if they could make the articulate hands for small sizes other then the 80cm Sooms. I'm not saying tinys with moving fingers, although that would be cool, but like 60 and 70 cm dolls with possible fingers.

10. I would like more companies to make minis and look like their 60cms. XD'''' Like how CP has made MNF versions of some Delfs. Or AoD, whose minis look so much like their big ones!
      So many companies' minis have a randomly different aesthetic than their bigger dolls.
      For example, I love almost all of Volks' big boys but don't care nearly as much for any of the MSDs I've seen. XD'''''''

I also wish more companies would offer more resin colors.

11. More things for minis! All of the really cool accessories are for SDs. Cool goggles? SD. Pretty much any gun that looks decent? SD. I would LOVE to see some more 'real life' accessories, too-man, what I wouldn't give for different occupational sets. Lab coat and stethoscope for a doctor, goggles and a beaker set for a scientist, that sort of thing. Imagine a little hardhat and jackhammer!

12. My friend Mello was saying she would like to see Siamese Twin dolls... I thought that was very interesting.
      I was thinking about asexual dolls a long time ago, and then realized they've been around forever- Volks Tenshi...

13. I would love to see jointed feet! Not fully articulated like the jointed hands are, just enough so that they could stand on their toes/heel and look more natural. And maybe sliding or jointed toes so that you wouldn't have to buy separate feet just so they can wear sandals.

Also more resin colors and mini versions of 60cm dolls would be nice, although I would die if Volks ever made a smaller version of Tsukasa.:D

14. omg the toadstool is rather uhm....not cute o_O....
      id like to see more skin tones to select and more body types, such as very thin, athletic, chubby things like that, and i'd want to see more people in hamilton with bjd's >w<

15. Sorry, kids, the "pentagram in the palm of the hand" thing was pure invention for the 1941 Lon Chaney Jr. film. There's no correlary in folklore, unsurprising really, since pentacles/pentagrams were tools of educated ceremonial magicians and werewolves are based in folk legend. Nor did the idea that werewolves can be killed with silver come from real legends; they're either killed with traditional weapons (axes, etc.) or burnt like heretics (it's vampires that can be killed with silver). There's an interesting book on Project Gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext04/bofww10h.htm
      for anyone interested in more authentic traditions of lycanthropy.

Personally, if I were sculpting a werewolf BJD, I'd give it wolfy ears and a short muzzle, as in "An American Werewolf in London" or "Ginger Snaps." Slightly OT, but has anyone else read Angela Carter's "The Company of Wolves?" She's one of my favorite short story writers, right up there with James Tiptree Jr. and Lord Dunsany.

16. um hate to tell ya but anything werewolf vampire, or any other fanatasy creature is pure invention of someone. cause none of them are real. they were all invented by some person somewhere so there is no right or wrong werewolf conception or idea.

17. we werent saying they where real...

what we where discussing was how to make a doll recognised as a werewolf and not a vampire, i thought more people had heard of the pentagram thing so thats why i suggested that

everyone is suggesting face plates of wolves and while i agree thats a better way to have a werewolf doll what IM trying to figure out is how to make a doll recognised as a werewolf in its human form, not complete human form just little things like hair or teeth or ears to show its something else, the way vampire dolls have their teeth sticking out..

so yeah we dont care if its based on some mythical story or something someone randomly spit out, if its recognised for having something to do with werewolves its good enough for me

and i would also like to see smaller dolls that look like the bigger ones, i think most of the smaller dolls have chubby cheeks and other things that make them a little to childlike for my tastes

18. So nice of you to join our little discussion, and in such a constructive fashion. I see dismissive attitudes like yours frequently in the SF/F writing community. Someone writes a creature that's wildly at odds with the known attributes of, say, a Pooka--that it hides under beds and attacks people's feet instead of lurking near bogs in horse shape--and tells their critics, "It's not real anyway, so I can write it the way I want!" The trouble with that is that people who know what a Pooka is will be thrown out of the story, to the point they might not finish it. It also indicates that the writer doesn't do research, they're sloppy, and they're probably either arrogant or a bit thick. What would you think of a person who brings a pink Sprite with dragonfly wings and no fangs to a meetup, announces "My doll's a vampire!", then gets angry at everyone who asks why her vampire looks like a fairy? If you want your doll to be recognized as something in particular, you need to give clear hints, and putting a pentacle on a doll is not going to say "werewolf" to more than a handful of people who are diehard classic-movie fans; it will say other things you weren't intending, like magician, Satanist, Wiccan, depending on the viewer. If symbols don't have meaning, there's no point in using them.

19. maybe so, but, that's like saying because more people know or like this version it' the only right version. like saying disney's mermaids are the only "right" mermaids, because it's a more popular concept. changing a few details doesn't make it worse, or less real. because agian it's a made up thing. and if they don't like it agian they don't have to read it or buy it or whatever. but others may enjoy a different version, it doesn't make it anyless a justifable.

edit: on a side note, if you didn't want others to join in on the argument you should've taken it to pms.

20. Oh my god really? Because all this time I thought they were real

¬___¬

I want to see more shoes, normal shoes like what people wear. And I'd like to see sci fi inspired outfits too!