1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things about this hobby that you find hilarious?

Apr 30, 2021

1. It's is very immature of me and not at all original, but the concept of removable interchangeable male privates is my current amusement. I don't have any of these dolls myself but find many funny moments out of context in the community. Nudity isn't weird, anatomically correct dolls aren't weird it's simply the idea that these fellas need to come fully prepared for so many impossible situations with apparatuses. I think the animism gets out of control in my head, it's a very colorful saga. I worry for the ones who end up with all their parts lost to the ages and so on and so forth. It will be my favorite thing to tell non-hobby people about forever.

#261 AlisonVonderland, Apr 18, 2024
      Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
    2. 100% The funniest thing I can think of for a BJD! Because I am also a five year old! I am that immature!

3. The "Flower bed" is actually a word-by-word translation of a micro-lending service called "Hua-bei". It's like the Chinese version of Klarna. In Chinses it's meant to sound like "Just spend it", but when translated word by word... "Flower bed."

4. Thank you for that context!! I was gonna wonder about that haha!

5. No worries!
      Now it's time for me to figure out the bit about the vegetarians. I haven't wrapped my head around that one yet! :lol:

6. The “vegetarian” could be a machine translation of blank head / body (素头/素体) as the word 素 can mean both unprocessed/ unpainted as well as vegetarian, but I don’t understand the part on “full amount” under size description :XD:

7. I love this hobby. Come for doll peens, stay for a lesson in Chinese translation.

8. Oh thank you for this! I think it was a body listing so I assume they mean an unblushed body, paid in full?

9. I think you are right! Mystery solved!! :lol:

10. For me it’s dolly dates. I love going on outings with my dolls but I do sometimes have that little The Office style blank stare moment when I see myself from a 3rd person perspective sitting next to a very well dressed person who is two rulers tall.

11. And the two-ruler-tall person is waaaaaaaay better dressed than me. Cuz, like, her socks match and everything, which is more than what I can say for myself. :lol:

12. In regards to this, I actually got my updated Maydoll Lemon Cat (human ver.) body at the warehouse yesterday night, and.... I saw the pictures of the boy body before this, and it went over my head that he would have a detachable winkie until I saw the photos from the warehouse! I think you can tell how amused I was by that!

13. So going back to the Chinese transliteration discussion, if I wanted to email a Chinese doll company and figure they use Google translate, how would I order?
      One naked baby, 3 points, vegetarian, flower bed? (translation - one blank 1/3 scale doll, payment in full?)

14. Uncle means 1/3 scale by the way! :)

15. You know how sometimes we use euphemisms for someone who is of a bigger size than usual?
      Instead of calling someone "fat", we call them "big", or "hefty", or "fluffy" (sorry, Gabriel Iglesias...). Well, in China, the word they use is "Strong". So they would mention that so-and-so is a "100kg strong man" so they don't have to call him "fat". Well, Auto-translate is really bad with euphemisms. So now, a "Strong Uncle" (which means a visibly heavily muscled 70+ doll, think the new broad-shouldered, Dorito-looking guys) now becomes a "Fat uncle".

Also, @MaleficentMrsofEvil if you want, you can forward the sales page to me in a DM, I can probably help you to read through the page without the Auto-translate hilarity. :thumbup

16. I rationally understand that size and weight change things dramatically, but before BJDs I only dabbled in 1:12 scale figures and whenever someone praises a doll's posing with "I love how well she stands!" or "she can sit so well!" I think it's funny because even the worst action figures have no trouble with that. Especially considering that BJDs have far more range of motion on average.

Packaged dolls always remind me of cartoon characters all plastered up after an accident.

#277 lutke, Apr 27, 2024
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    17. The funniest BJD thing I've ever seen was when a friend of mine got a giant doll chateau guy. Magnetic peens are one thing, but DC is all about going that extra mile.
      ...his was jointed.

I'm not ashamed to admit we both wiggled it around for a while, just giggling over it.

18. Really gives a new meaning to floppy out of the box.
      ...I hope it wasn't kicky.

19. I totally forgot DC has jointed “attachments” LOL. how would you even blush that…