1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things about this hobby that you find hilarious?

Apr 30, 2021

1. @Cryptid We want poll! We want poll!
      From peenatas to fighting weapons. This thread is a ride. :lol:

2. I would automatically lose a fight against my doll... I'd die of heartbreak first if she wanted to kill me :...(

3. I've always said you could knock somebody out with the old-school delf thigh parts, they'd probably win.

4. I think you might have started a whole epic thread of its own right here, lol. But I think it still fits beautifully with the topic of this thread, fwiw. :XD:

If it's a physical fight, I'm with @lutke and in tears well before whichever doll dealt the finishing blow (preferably not Mortal Kombat style, lol). But if it's like, I can define "fight" to include some kind of political chess match or just a pure debate, I would be happy to take on any of my dolls, lololol. Want to talk about battlefront medicine in the First World War? Bring it on, dolls! I have to justify that old Master's degree, damn it! :lol:

5. Dolly punches a hole in your wallet and rips out the Kredit Kard...

6. LMAO, have they ever! :lol:*_* I kinda did what I'm learning is the "very ADHD vibe" of diving into the BJD hobby all at once, and 4 dolls and 3 months later, uhhh... here I am! Nearly ready to take actual photoshoots and create doll profiles! :XD: #BJDLifeGoals

Before I know it, the dolls will co-opt Ye Olde Kredit Kard and buy multiple male dolls with a mini moving van full of "extras", just to see what someone's idea of Creative Appendage Man could possibly look like for real, lmao.

In all seriousness, I'm here for a poll for @Cryptid's awesome idea.

7. Oh no, all my dolls save one have animal limbs that would be deadly! And the one who doesn't is an Impldoll Idol so he's beefy. I think I'd lose no matter who came to life with murderous intentions lol

8. F-F-F-F-Financial F a t a l i t y

9. This is truly the final landing spot of any serious hobby, I swear... From now on, I'm going to think about "It's really time to stop buying doll clothes or face F-F-F-F-Financial F a t a l i t y!" in Goro's voice, and that is glorious. Thank you for this, definitely the laugh I needed tonight! :XD::XD::XD:

10. Don't say that! I have an IOS Class 80! He's almost half of my height and he's definitely muscle-bound. I'm definitely going to lose!! (I might be able to take on my 1/12 fox, though. Nothing a little bit of food won't help me with. I mean... she -is- a fox, after all... a couple of chin-scritches, I may stand a chance of winning?)

Ya know what? That's almost my dream doll (which doesn't really quite exist commercially). I want a doll with at least 6 arms and at least 4 eyes (the more the merrier!) And thanks to you guys, I'mma call him "Creative Appendage Man"!!! The superhero that we don't need, but we sure as heck want! (or just me. I want that...)

Open the poll @Cryptid! Let the resin fights begin!!!

11. Yes please, build Creative Appendage Man and share photos whenever that happens! We all want that superhero out there protecting the world from Mundane Life Responsibilities, because heroes lurk in the most unlikely of places, after all! Why not include the most unlikely of parts? It worked for Edward Scissorhands! :D

Actually, speaking of Goro from Mortal Kombat... he had at least 4 arms, right? That could be a good model to work with, but I wonder how you'd keep the doll from toppling without some epic support stands with that many arms. Hmm, sounds like a really fun engineering challenge, honestly!

He might need multiple legs for stability, lol. Or um... other parts operating as legs, perhaps? :lol:

12. I have seen dolls like this before, they do exist. But they were made of ABS, they were hinge-jointed and quite a bit smaller (Google: Revoltech Takeya series). These guys go from two standard arms all the way up to 8 arms. And some of them do have more than two eyes. I saw them in the local "Cool Geek store" many years ago but I wasn't able to pick one up. So now my dream is to build something like that in resin. I've seen someone making 4 armed dolls before, but no one has attempted 8!

As for standing... yeah, maybe two legs just aren't enough for "Creative Appendage Man". I mean, the "creative appendage" is right there in the name, right? Tripods are a real thing, right???:sweat

13. I live to serve!

14. He could just.... have a longer....part..... and be a tripod :sweat

15. If you are curious, Souldoll made a female doll with 6 arms called Shiva!

16. Hear me out: there have been a couple playline dolls that had the ability to shoot arrows (I'm thinking the Wonder Woman dolls).
      Creative Appendage man: comes with multiple "appendages" and a trigger button so you can "shoot" the "appendages."

Ultimate doll battle: unzip pants, press trigger, aim for the center of gravity with a Perfectly Positioned Projectile.

Editing to add: if someone makes this, I don't even want credit. Just the chance to pre-order.

17. Resinsoul is happy to do customized bodies and heads, including multiple arms and multiple eyes. I'm pretty sure they could create magnetized stumps and stick a number of small magnets in the groin to...create art with.

18. I've definitely thought about them. If I was to get my dream doll, it's probably going to be through them (Although Miracle Doll does have that one 5-eyed head...) Like I said, it's a grail for me. I'm working towards it!!

19. Isn't that just a shell of Inspector Gadget?