1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things about this hobby that you find hilarious?

Apr 30, 2021

1. I'm new and the sheer size difference in the doll sizing cracks me up regularly

2. For me I think its the the random things I say while I am crafting. Like "Oh no I dropped my irises!" Or " Ugh I think I am just gonna have to drill a hole in her butt" Just...the weird things that sound horrifying out of context crack me up the most. My hubby has gotten used to my weird comments, but I still wonder if anyone thinks I'm a serial killer from things I've said at the craft store.

3. Tbh if you're a plus-sized person, those prices are *exactly the same* price as your own clothes. Sad but true.

And the dolls with detachable penises (of various sizes?) is funny af. Kind of wish they all had detachable genitals as that's the main issue when buying pants that would actually fit. Doll peens don't squish or move like human junk.

4. Gotta agree with most people the "eggplant" attachments are hilarious. I also thing its funny seeing people paint the mouth inserts and its just a rod of teeth/tongue. It looks so funky outside of the face.

5. Doll penises are just funny and bizarre to me. I know...I'm being immature but ehehe

6. Apparently now there are penis dolls. It's from Mezen Fantasy Dolls.

7. "I bought him just for his body" - the faces my coworkers had when I casually spit this out at work :lol:

8. I find the reaction of people not involved in the hobby funny sometimes. I go outside to take some photos and some people look at me like I have an alien in my hands. =D

I also find funny some weird dolls and doll parts (regular penises are ok but I saw a SNAKE-PENIS and it's hilarious).

9. I have a doll with mouth inserts and glossing his tongue is so freaky haha

10. "Mother SD" will always be both endearing and hilarious to me :aangel:

11. Dolls have expensive needs. A cheap wig looks cheap. Same with clothes. And shoes? On my goodness, it's crazy. But then you dress them and they preen. Totally Worth it. But have to buy things slowly to not go broke!

• I've literally held a bag of doll d's.
      • Swiping through pages of detached body parts isn't weird in this hobby.
      • *Searches Vinyl male chest piece on Etsy* -gets bondage. "Hmm.. maybe I should have been more specific"
      • Is $50 for eyes too much? - Ugh, I don't want to spend $5 on Starbucks! :doh

12. Lol. Unrelated - I couldn't remember what a "jock strap" was called, so I googled "athletic supporter" instead.
      I don't recommend it.

13. You know, that THING! That holds that other THING!
      Yeah, we'll Google that, Certainly nothing bad will come of this. :XD:

I swear, I thought I was pretty self explanatory.

14. As many others have said, the price of doll clothes being so much more than human clothes "$20 for doll shoes, that's such a good deal! *add to cart*" vs. "$20 for human shoes?! are you crazy?! *puts back and buys nothing*"

My YoSD having a bigger eye-size and the being able to wear the same wig as my friend's SD13-sized girl
      Getting double use from mini-hats, bought myself some for lolita fashion and was able to share them with my F-01s as regular-sized hats that actually fit their heads well
      Pictures of dismembered doll bodies, doll heads with no eyes/only one eye, disembodied doll parts all over totally not being a cause for concern but interest in what that hobbyist is up to customizing
      Switching doll parts for a friend to get a better idea of fit/color

15. One thing that I will never stop finding hilarious is how creepy it seems to people who aren't in the hobby. Sometimes I forget how psychotic it looks to people when I have various doll parts, drills, and scalpels on my desk like it's normal. Then someone sees it and looks at me like :nowords:

16. Or the things that are totally normal to say in this hobby, but out of context its just terrifying.

17. This is what I was thinking of as well. Just thinking about how doll language sounds out of context is really funny, even when we're not thinking about mods, like "time to open their head and get the eyes out".

18. Please, no one hate me, but I finally looked up Dollmore Trinity dolls, and I think they are HYSTERICAL. They are enormous. Freaking huge. I love everything about them. And they are made only in limited edition sets of 10. TEN!!! People go to regular retailers and buy human clothing for them because they are so big.

If I had one, I would probably get one of those wagons to pull it around in. I would charge people to take a picture with it. I would *pay* to take a picture with one. I want to see one IRL so badly.

ETA - I have been terrorizing my spouse with (joking) threats of getting one and making it a permanent installation in our living room.

19. I wish I could recall which company it was, but I recently saw a 120cm BJD online. That's literally 30cm shorter than me! Your comment made me laugh because I threatened to save up for one and make an Only Slightly Smaller Me to freak out my partner with.