1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things about this hobby that you find hilarious?

Apr 30, 2021

1. I can't belive I thought SDs were big- I mean. These are awesome and I 100% think it's sick as heck if anyone who reads this owns one, but they're silly big, they're almost crossing over into mannequin territory!

2. OMG your comment made me look them up and wow! I had never heard of them before! They're so big! *_*

I really want to see one in real life now, and also see how heavy they are.

3. the way modding sounds out of context--I've said some frightening things to friends in public places like "I think I'm going to have to chop her boobs off and start over" and "Her legs need dismembering again...now they're short" Not to mention, the infamous "bits bucket" which contains resin penises off dolls I've modded female, and a couple boobs that were really big on a torso I wanted smooth, that are just floating around in there.

Also, bizarre hybrids--like EID man heads on feeple60 bodies (as bad as expected), tiny blackcherry heads on EIDm bodies. And the classic middle fingers out on jointed hands.

4. I find it funny to read complaints about how hard it is to sew for MSDs. Try sewing clothes for a 4 inch high Real Puki. That'll make sewing for a mini seem much easier.

5. Kinda curious if there are any box opening videos of them. I want to see them standing next to something in human scale too. My niece was once gifted a Barbie that was taller than my SD, I even took a picture of him standing next to her. Everyone was joking that the Barbie was my doll's girlfriend.

Also, one thing I find hilarious is when I'm browsing on TATA's Paradise. The abbreviation and name is funny to me. If someone outside the hobby were to see the name on a tab or in my bookmarks, they'll probably think its some raunchy site.

#65 Peanut, Jun 6, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    6. this was me the other day with a friend - told her I didn’t like the nipples on my DD bust so I was going to sand them off - she was both amused and disturbed haha

7. Oh there are!

These are just two of several, coming out of the box they're almost like coming out of a child-sized coffin - they are an experience.

8. Thank you for the playlist, these dolls are really huge!

Yeah, they are. It seems like most people in the videos I've seen so far prefer to have a stand for them cause they slouch due to their weight. Their shoes are huge, everything is huge. Thankyou for sharing the videos, I haven't seen the first one yet so I'll be sure to watch it.

#69 Peanut, Jun 6, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2021
    9. Similar to what most people have been posting... doll clothes that cost more than mine lol.

10. Definitely agreed with the pricing of doll clothes...
      when I spend less on my own clothing than for my dolls ah :XD::sweat

11. It is a little frustrating and funny how my doll clothes are sometimes more expensive than my own. Its like I am their sugar mom :XD:

12. Years ago, I can't remember if it was 5 Star Doll or Impledoll, but one of them named one of their tiny dolls Penis. Hilarity and jokes ensued. I think later the doll was renamed to something else, but I can't remember to what.

13. That was Impldoll Colin! :lol:

14. OMG yes! At the time I remember kind of wanting one because I like scorpions.:lol:

15. No such thing as "One size" fits all even in the BJD world lol. :lol:

Also the fact how normal to talk about doll body parts. Usually what draws me to a sculpt: "Oh I love x sculpt because of she has nice boobs/butt, etc etc." I even have one friend that absolutely tolerates my hobby and do body reviews together.

When I go second-hand shopping my dolls being shipped in various boxes that aren't your typical shipping boxes. I literally got one of my dolls unstrung in an organic yogurt box. :wiggle My family was so confused why I was bringing a box of yogurt upstairs.

And whenever I'm rehoming my dolls it looks like I'm getting ready for their funeral. :lol:

Frankenstein-ing (hybrid) my dolls. Playing doll doctor when something goes wrong.

#76 Yanderi, Aug 22, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    16. I kinda didn't understand y'all talking about how the hobby freaks out nonBJD collectors. Then a friend (Barbie-only collector) asked me what I was working on, and I sent a pic of a completely disassembled body I was sueding.
      She said it was her favorite picture I'd ever sent. Looking back, it was a bit... bizarre.

17. Doll nudity causing offence. Non doll people seeing my collection for the first time, people are not good at hiding their initial reaction. :lol:

18. So kind of mean spirited but I find this hilarious.

The reactions I get for collecting dolls in general, and then the reactions I get when I fan the flames by telling them how much my hobby costs.

“You spent X on THAT!? You could get three of (insert stuff they care about here)”

“That’s a car payment!”

“You could put your kid through college!”(I don’t have kids)

“That money could go to X(charity/cause they care about, I already donate to charities I care about)

And this is just from family! My hobby is weird/overpriced because it’s not a hobby they have or something they would ever buy. It used to bother me how much they hated my hobby in the past, now I like to egg them on because there’s nothing they can do about it. :kitty2

19. Speaking of doll private parts, back when we had meetups in a land before covid somehow we'd always wind up talking about our boy dolls' junk. Whether it was unoa boys removable "parts" or the magnet -on type of more recent dolls. And to a lesser extent our girl dolls' gravity defying cleavage....