1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things about this hobby that you find hilarious?

Apr 30, 2021

1. I, for one, am looking forward to when we call all meet up again. I want to see some helicopters.

2. My favorite part right now is sending my doll's head out to have face-up and just having his headless S-hook body just chilling on my nightstand.

3. I don't know why but I laugh uncontrollably when I think about the silicon busts some people have made for minifees and other popular dolls, they definitely look great under outfits but my brain is always like "hehe squishy bewbs" XD

4. Being super overly critical about a doll’s body and facial features, when I’m not like that with real people at all.

5. how people get annoyed when you mod a rare doll. Im dying a very yellowed crobidoll marie in sherbet white skin if i cant remove the yellowing and oof the anger

6. I've never understood why people care so much about what other people do with their inanimate possessions. I think it's hilarious that people have enough time on their hands that they can bother to critique what you do with your dolls. (as a rare doll owner myself, good luck with your project!)

7. yeah, while they only made like 20 of these guys, she is YELLOW and unless i can restore her or use the yellow and add highlights, imma be dying her a light tan with bambi spots and velvet brown antlers

8. I always find it funny when I talk dolls with my boyfriend in front of my mother. She has no understanding of how BJDs work or the terms for them (nor does she care to) XD
      One day we were driving and she just looks at us and says “it sounds like your speaking a whole other language..”

9. Ha! Right? I'll be looking at face sculpts and thinking, "Oof. Her nose is HUGE!"
      Whereas on people? All noses are good noses.

10. If you think the removeable *dicks* are funny, you should see the strung on ones that spin around like a helicopter!

11. The first time I started this hobby and someone wrote they were looking for a particular doll including his penis parts. I about fell over laughing. I was in shock a doll had penis parts that attached to him. lol

12. The little hacks behind the scenes of doll photo shoots!

The backdrop is really your own shirt? Or a coat? Or a blanket? :thumbup
      Your fancy photo lights are really a flashlight with something random thrown over the front as a diffuser? :thumbup
      Your prop cigarette is really a toothpick with a Kleenex rolled around it? :thumbup

Yeah...I actually love it so much. It's like making magic. Hilarious magic. Hehe.

I was taking pictures yesterday and my doll had a hair clip inside his clothes to hold the fabric, a bobby pin behind his head to hold his hair, he was balanced with his butt on a little tin container, and he had a small hair comb holding up another part of his clothing. The actual doll stands were being used to hold lights. Definitely one of those "Instagram vs Reality" moments. :XD:

13. Lol. That's funny because, didn't we all have naked Barbie dolls on the floor at some point in our lives?

14. To expand on the hilarity of doll naughty bits

Something that tickles my funny bone is all the various different ways there are to shield the unmentionables in photographs. Xs blocking out nipples, an eggplant emoji covering...manbits—you get the picture (no pun intended:XD:). It's especially grand when the photographers get creative with actual props to block those bits out. Gotta say one of my faves is still the gripping hand that Granado uses in the male body photos that comes with those optional parts.:lol:

15. No blurring needed! Just stick on this part, and photograph away!

16. My husband and I eventually always go back to making little jokes about how someone can drop $600+ on a doll, but then get cheapsy with the clothing... $600 doll in $10 sneakers......... I'm calling myself out.

17. Some of the conversations you have - I recently called out to my husband (who was talking over our fence to our next door neighbor) - "Hey honey, I just bought that woman's body, I was talking to you about, for $340." I can't imagine what they thought, until I explained myself.

Also, the extra heads that I have and my "eye box" that I threaten my adult children with when they visit.

My favorite, so far, was "Why can't you collect (make - as in the bjd clothes I was making) something more useful." Coming from my 83 year old mother who has sewn all her life. Half of my family is made up of serious artists so as I related this to them, they all thought it was hysterical!

Whoops! didn't mean to double post.

#97 Dollquest, Aug 29, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2021
    18. You should tell her you can charge a lot higher while using an 8th of the amount of fabric/materials(if she’s ever sold her sewing). My mother still chokes when she sees the price of a doll dress(“Why would you pay more than twenty bucks for that? It’s so little”) even though it’s the same if not more work to see doll clothes.

19. My mother does understand the cost of small sewn items - fortunately. She has done detailed quilting as well as made me really detailed Barbie clothing back when I was little. I wish I still had it!!! She is amazed that I put working pockets in a pair of shorts I made for a pukifee. If I actually sold the clothing, I think she’d be happier but I am still not quite there yet and I need to get my good machine repaired. To be honest, I think she realized what she said just after she said it:lol:

20. Mr.Bright sometimes gets a chuckle out of how much I gripe about fabric prices when I'm making something for the gang...

Me: "Oh, for pete's sake. They want how much for a half-yard of this? I mean, it's gorgeous. Just look at the way that drapes... But sheesh!"

Him: "That's for your Oscar's new coat, right? The extra hands you bought for her cost more than that."

Me: " Point. But it's still highway robbery."

:lol: