1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. Posties who don't knock when they are supposed to deliver your package, even though your package is WITH THEM IN THEIR TRUCK, and just leave the note that says "Whoops we needed a signature and you weren't home so I didn't leave the box, come out to our post office and get it yourself" You slidey snake i was totally home!! You never even bothered to see if I was!! You just dodged your job and snuck off with my package!!

2. Oh man do I feel this. My old postman used to not even pull packages off the truck, would pass by my door, not knock and just leave a slip. I caught him once, confronted him about it and he sheepishly said 'yeah, I have it, but I didn't pull it off the truck. Uh. I need to finish my rounds before I go back to my truck and deliver it to you.' Boy was I mad :D

3. When sellers attempt to charge the buyer paypal fees or attempt to convince them to use friends and family by knocking a few bucks off the doll price.

4. oh gosh I HATE tracking too! There is ONE company, ONE who gives useful tracking. I think it's DPD, they have gps on their trucks so it knows where the truck IS so on their website you can actually see exactly where it is on a map and it tells you "your delivery is number 200, driver is currently delivering delivery 87. your order should be with you by this estimated time" and it'll give you an hour slot.
      WHY can't more companies do that!?? We have the technology!
      instead you get "your delivery will be delivered some time between 7am and 7pm" and it's like "well, looks like I don't leave the house all day then".
      It's SO UNHELPFUL!

And then you sit around all day waiting, getting more and more annoyed.

I hate it.

WHY can't we have gps on the dang trucks that tells us if they're close so we know if we have time to pee or put laundry out in the back yard or go get milk from the shop!

As for paypal fees, this seems to be a fairly new one and it seems to be people who don't understand how to price stuff. your price INCLUDES the paypal fee you idiot! If you need the extra few bucks, add them to the price of the doll! it's not hard! It's actually the simplest thing in the freaking world.
      Morons.
      Just.. eugh.
      *headdesk*
      Maybe it's an American thing that, you guys add tax at the till right? So you don't pay the price on the shelf, you pay that plus tax. I don't understand that, see, the rest of the world just includes the tax in the price so it's waaaaay simpler. Paypal fees should be like that, just included in the price. Surely? Because to do it the other way is illogical and stupid and confusing and just a great way to con people out of an extra few bucks.

5. When something literally like an hour away takes ALL DAY to ship and still doesn't get to you that day

6. ...the waiting IS the hardest part...I have to echo everyone else's sentiment; there seems to be NO aspect of this hobby that doesn't involve waiting...grrrr!!!! And the OOAK nature of BJDs does present SO many challenges/expenses on top of that...good thing we love 'em so much!

7. This whole Photobucket issue. I don't have a Flickr account and when I tried to sign up today, I never got the activation email. I really want to sell a doll, but I can't list her until I get this straightened out. It's such a pain.

8. The toxicity of spray sealant and sealant in general. I understand that you can use mask but I still worry about basically everything involved. Like, what if I don't realize that I need to replace the filters? What if the sealant seals the area around me? What if I harm some small creature accidentally?
      I live in area with a lot of wild life that's right next to a corn field and I happen to have some very sensitive animals that should live outside. There's this creeping fear in the back of my mind of accidentally disturbing or poisoning some living thing (environment or animal) that's kept me from even trying to spray sealant. Because of that I can't do faceups which is something I've really wanted to do for a while. I feel like if I try it'll be a ride of non-stop anxiety and sleep loss.

But hey, at least there's the alternatives. I don't really want to buy an airbrush just for sealant, but at least it wouldn't contain cancerous chemicals that will destroy your lungs and might kill you :huh?:

Also I recognize that I have a tendency to over think things and I didn't write this because I want someone to convince me and I'm basically surrendered to the fact that I'll probably never be comfortable using sealants unless they significantly change.

9. This happens to me all the time! We live in a walk-up, and even though it's only the second floor, they don't want to tackle the stairs, so they just sneak away. If tracking is accurate enough and I'm home, sometimes I camp on the steps so I can come down to them and sign in the driveway so they can't make me miss the delivery, the lazy so-and-sos... I cover 13 miles on foot during some work days, surely they can trudge up a flight of stairs with a 5-lb box now and then. >>

10. @KlanceKlanceRevolutn
      I totally agree with you! I don't really plan to do faceups or mods any time soon, but things like this and the toxicity of resin dust really discourage me from trying. I don't think it would stop me completely if I was really determined, but it is something that I'd have to give serious thought to.

Something you might consider is constructing a sealant spray booth (which could be used inside, or outside for even more safety). From what I understand (I could be wrong), you basically make a box with gloves attached on the inside, then you seal the box and use the gloves to spray the sealant inside, where it eventually settles and doesn't leech into the surrounding environment. (Something like an inside sandblasting booth, except for sealant.) Maybe you've already seen something like this, but it might be worth looking into if you'd really like to try faceups!

11. @KiyoshiSenshi thank you so much! I haven't really seen any sealant spray booths but from the look of the sandblasting booth it definitely looks like something I'll have to research and read more on. This is really helpful, thanks!

12. My biggest pet peeve would probably be a lack in communication with sellers sometimes. I get life happens but still.
      For example, if I am buying a doll second hand on layaway, I have specific days I can make payments. So sometimes there is a decent gap between payment days so I try to send a message or two in the middle to let them know I am still alive and still interested in the doll with no response from them.

13. Oh man I love threads like this :lol: where to even begin!? I might as well make numbered list.

1. Sellers on etsy who list their clothes as MSD/minifee. B**ch unless it's a lace up item or it has a lot of elastic it's not going to fit both standard msds and minifee. Minifee already have the lions share of the clothing market on etsy, you do not need to falsely label your clothes msd to get even more views on them. Quit playin'.

2. Doll companies that use photoshop/wiring/other assorted trickery to make their dolls do poses they can't actually do without 'editing'. This includes artfully arranging items around the doll to obscure the fact that you have to dislocate it's joints to achieve that pose.

3. Buying shoes for limwha minis and tiny. Girls why you gotta have such weird feet, nothing fits you!

4. Minifee's owning the market for doll clothes. If it's pretty and handmade chances are it's for minifee. If you have a standard msd and don't want to dress it in outdated lolita or cheap taobao stuff your SOL. :sigh

5. Bad or non existent photos in sales threads. Seriously I like in a tiny dark ancient house and I still manage to get passable photos of things I put up for sale. And for goodness sake, spend a $5 on a Styrofoam ball and wooden dowl so you can display doll wigs your selling off the floor where they look like a dead rat :doh

6. People who sell bjd 'clothing lots' that consist of maybe 1 or 2 pieces that were actually made for bjd and a ton of tatty play line doll clothes and ask a $100 and title the listing stuff like '45 pieces bjd clothing lot!' This mostly happens on ebay :|

I've got way more than this but I'll let some others complain for a while :lol:

14. Oh man, I feel this too.

Which leads me to a similar whine, msd sized clothing never being in the msd measurements I need/msd sizes being so vastly different between companies.
      I love my dollzone msds, not so much trying to buy bottoms for them, nobody stocks pre-made clothing in their size and the only other size I found that fits also isn't all that easy to find in-stock. My poor boy is still pantsless

15. I've seen this too about listing everything to fit minifee. I have slim MSD's. Just say "slim" MSD's.

Also why are MSD pants so freaking expensive? It feels like girls clothes are cheaper then the boys clothes too?

16. Oh man, so you have the 009 MSD DZ body? Those hips are such a pain! I was gonna buy modern clothes for Ilya, but now he only stays in the outfit I made for him because there's nothing in his size and the only thing I ordered custom made turned out...less than great. So yeah. Weird measurements. Annoying.

(Also companies that have dolls with weird measurements and then don't offer "normal" clothing for them. DZ pretty much only has fullsets, which aren't the style I want and are really expensive. Even just some basic jeans or pants would be great...)

17. I get annoyed when I position the eyes just perfectly, then put the headcap and wig back on just to see that one eye managed to slip just enough to look wonky. Or when I've been taking pictures and really like the poses, etc, just to realize 20 photos in that there is a stray hair going across the face that I didn't see until I hit a certain angle :sigh

18. Too many dolls intentionally sculpted with severe pelvic tilt and/or lumbar lordosis of the spine.
      Unless I need a character who has that problem, I'd prefer if not ALL my dolls were forced by their artists to have what is actually a really awkward and often painful spinal problem. Heavily tilted hips causing an sharply arched lower back and "artistically" turned in knees might be "coy" or "sexy" to "traditional BJD aesthetic" but once you know what you're looking at it's really annoying that they all seem to have it to some degree of severity when it's not nearly so common in actual people, and generally a trouble that requires therapeutic intervention.

#38 Rosslyn, Jul 16, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    19. My willingness to pay more for my doll's clothes and shoes than I will fork out for myself!

20. @KiyoshiSenshi I do! I have two of them, one luckily has an outfit done, I altered a sd top to work as a tunic. The poor other though, he's a modern dude. eue I swear, everything pink and frilly is minifee only sized