1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. The secondhand market is my biggest pet peeve. Used dolls, unless they are limited or *like new* should not be 95% of a new dolls price, especially if missing box or COA. Listing your resinsoul MSDs on the 'bay for $140+ is crazy.

2. Currently the apparent assumption by shipping companies that everybody owns a car and can traipse all over creation after packages. No I’m not interested in paying an extra $40 for you to redeliver it to my house instead of making me go out to some random “access point” at some random toy store, UPS, why are you like this????

3. This! The measurements! Especially when a company introduces a new body, but not the measurements to go with it. Honestly, it took me a couple of weeks to get all my dolls size measurements together because I seriously had to go from page to page. And companies just aren't consistent. Like luts. I LOVE LUTS. But dayyyuuummmm. Some have the measurements in the notice section, some in the option parts, some on individual doll sales pages at the bottom and others in a photo, but then there are some that don't have any at all. (I was making a masterlist for myself out of curiosity to compare company measurements to owner measurements) and the amount of missing measurements for certain parts was driving me nuts. Not just luts, but most companies too. I appreciate how fairyland and soom have actual charts in one spot. And I wish they would all do it.

4. It’s irritating finding gothic male clothing! That’s the hardest to find!

5. Agreed. I don't need anything fancy, just clean simple stuff... in 80cm. I am grateful to have some custom black leather pants and one shirt but he's been wearing the same thing for five years. (I did just buy him heart hands tho)

I also want clothing made exactly for DearSD. Everything is too big or baggy.

6. When you just about reach the end of a layaway on a head, and the company goes and puts the entire doll in a surprise half-price sale...

7. The whole “release an LE doll one time then never again” thing still annoys me. Like...don’t you want money!? :eusa_pray:atremblin

8. Right now Id have to say figuring out the best way to share pictures on here with everyone. Not having the energy I want to put into my dolls and that I missed somniacrawlerdoll Nara sale. My heart crys a little everyday ,im so disappointed i didnt get her . She became a grail for me and she sold out so quickly! I still feel crushed about that.

Ugh... Your telling me . I bought a doll I thought was on sale and then boom, right after I bought it they improved the sale from like 10% -15% to 20% - 25%. Something like that. I forget the % exactly but I would of saved an extra $30 bucks I think if recall correctly. I wrote them and said hey! I should be included in this sale and they just flat out , pretty much told me too bad. You already bought the doll so its too late.

#388 Miss Hokusai, Mar 25, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2019
    9. Finding the eyes you want, not in the right size for the doll you want them for. Especially when the company DOES make eyes that size, but they don't offer that size as an option for that particular set of eyes.

Also, companies that discontinue "less popular" sculpts really abruptly with no warning. I don't immediately think that I have to buy a non limited doll right away, because it's not limited. Making it suddenly limited means I probably won't have the money on me to buy it right this second, even if it was on my wishlist to order next year.

10. Having to look up at almost every website to look for any doll sculpts that are instock since i hate waiting

11. What size eyes does this resin child take?! I know there is some fluctuation in what size they can take, but at least give me a jumping off point.

12. Oh my god. Or when you made your mega big doll purchase... and then the company announces an event for a free head a month later that you could have been eligible for.

13. waiting and shipping... seriously, this is what is driving me crazy lately... packages going lost, containing grails you saved for, packages taking forever to arrive although you've paid quite a bunch of money for express shipping... and the waiting times of most companies... I mean... I feel like verything in my favorite hobby just takes forever... T_T
      There are so many wondeful dolls out there... but I just don't want to wait half a year for a doll to be finished and then add another two months for the shipping... just to getn another notice of my package being lost and hundreds of Euros being wasted for nothing... I am not that rich and I am not that patient...

14. And to add another thing... companies that are not transparent about delays.

When Volks's Miku shipment was delayed because of a shipping union strike, Volks let us know. Miku arrived late, but she arrived when I expected her because I received updates.

I'm now waiting on a doll that was supposed to ship in August, then was told they'd start shipping in December, and it's been nothing but crickets since then. I understand delays in manufacturing, but what I don't like is waiting anxiously, a full four months after the time the doll was supposed to ship, wondering "did I somehow miss the shipping notice and delivery slip and now it's on its way back to Korea and I just lost more than $2k?". This anxiety would completely go away if I received another email saying "we're sorry, painting all the little things and it's taking even longer than expected" so I'm not scared I've missed a message.

15. Liking a sculpt just to find out its limited or already discontinued. :(

16. Current frustration: Trying to use the wiki/database and there are no pictures (broken or otherwise) nor information available for what you're looking for. :|

17. I want to find a intense gothic look. Hm a outfit that I really like it’s the Ringdoll grown ashford outfit. That one I LOVE but I wish I could find one like that but all black. On all the sites I usually see a lot of female gothic outfits but not male.

Sorry I’m sort of new to the doll world. 80cm sounds reallly tall. I thought the biggest was 70 cm. I can see why iYa hard to find clothing for your 80cm now lol...

18. You think 80cm is big, wait until you see the Dollmore Trinity girls!

As for another pet peeve, this one's kind of personal. But, forgetting to let the doll box that has spent five years in the attic to air out before putting the doll in, then finding the doll has picked up that musty stink the next time you come to take it out...

19. LOL not a peeve but a 'gobsmacked' moment of 'really? you didn't know?' lol yeah I own a TRINITY and right down to a couple of 26cm's lol... they look cute together btw XD.

But for very specific 'unusual' sizes like my Trin and god ... Iplehouse bodies that do not fit (even close) to the most comon sizes sewn for. but Trin's are .... fun. they have the torso and bottom (bum) of "0-3 month human baby size" ... BUT the arm and leg length is more 5T O_o... and Dollmore does not have much variety of clothing for these big girls. So if your girl does not live in her fullset. you kinda stuck unless you sew.

20. I'm tired of the fact that the majority of doll companies can't be bothered to have a separate section for sold out dolls and other items that there is no hope of restocking. If they want to keep these things posted for purposes of future admiration or whatever, fine - but when you look at a sculpt that is right there with the available dolls, decide it's perfect...and then realize that it hasn't been available for weeks (or even years), it's just annoying/frustrating/disappointing. :|