1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. I've not contributed to this thread so far, but I have been trying to think of something that hasn't been voiced yet.

My biggest annoyance is that well known individuals get away with undesirable behaviour and others support them blindly because they are popular.

I've had a commission go badly wrong in the past and I've not posted anything publicly about it as the backlash I'd receive from 'fans' would just cause even greater upset.

#401 beatnik, Apr 3, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    2. this is more or less my fault but I get so stressed when all of my doll plans get thrown out of the window because of a giant discontinuation spree and I'm stuck there with the choice of buying a grail doll or buying sealant and other supplies for my other dolls. ahhh I hate worrying about money:sigh

3. As someone new to the hobby that's still researching for my next purchase, I couldn't agree more. It's really discouraging to say the least and has turned me off of some vendors completely. I figure if they can't be bothered to manage something simple like that then I can't expect much in the way of service.

4. I am happy that more and more companies are making high heel feet for 70cm dolls. Awesome! But then, where do I get shoes to fit these feet??? :sigh Seems rather pointless to make the feet if there's no shoes for them.....

5. Boots and shoes for the over 65 cm tall dolls that are just huge. I don't know if anything has changed in the past few years, but I have had to learn to live with my guys having enormous 'feet' when they have their shoes on. Especially when one already has huge feet.

6. Oh jeez did you experience this when purchasing a doll? If so...that’s terrible man.

7. When you want to purchase something and the size list only shows words like "1/3, 1/4, EID, SID". I don't think everyone is able to remember the measurements for every single doll.

8. No, not from purchasing a doll, thank God!! It's my very first BJD, who I didn't bond well with. His box went up in the attic for a couple of years, while he was on display, then I got it down to store him away for a bit. It turned into a few years... Oops. But, the bigger "oops" was not letting the box air out before putting the doll in it. So, the doll has been laying around in attic musk for a few years and the resin/elastic has picked it up. Next time I go grocery shopping, I'm picking up some laundry dryer sheets and anything else I can find that might clear it up!

I'm having that same problem with one of my boys. The shoes are either too small or too bleeding big!! There's no in-between! :vein

#408 ivorysand, Apr 9, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
    9. Oh wow! Well I wish you luck!

10. Agreed. And not just that, but I bought a pair of shoes in the past labeled as 1/3 SD size. When I got them, there was no way they were going to fit my SD. I struggled getting them to fit my kdf... measurements save everyone.

11. Lack of suitable shoes for big boys is annoying. They or are ugly or fantasy or super ellegant. And the sneakers and runners I want for my boy are all sold out!

12. I'm feeling EXACTLY in that way.... :doh :sweat

13. Okay...my problem is when people send me a PM...I reply...and then they don't reply.

If I sent the PM in the first place and they didn't reply, it's irritating but you know, fair enough.

But this has happened to me so often. People just disappear. And I don't know whether it's because my English is idiosyncratic, or seems rude.

If something isn't possible, why can't they just say "Sorry, not possible"?

I've been in this hobby since 2003 and it hasn't changed.

14. Companies with photos that have very low, dim lighting, so you can't get a good look at their face sculpt. To add to the pain, they don't have any photos of all the different angles of a blank head sculpt, so you're not even sure if you'd like the head sculpt or not. You just have to squint hard at the dimly lit photos they have and hope you can guess how the sculpt looks like. Or look at people who bought the sculpt and hope it looks nice. You're putting a product out there for people to buy, at least make it easy for people to see how the sculpt actually looks. Like yes, the glam shots are nice, now let me see the freaking blank sculpt. PLEASE.

15. This isn't that big of a deal, but it still irks me-

Mail doesn't get delivered during weekends. >_> At least here in my country. And it's frustrating because I bought a used doll from the UK and the doll arrived to my city on Friday. And here I am, sitting impatiently and waiting for Monday so the package gets delivered to my local post office. Argh, the doll has been here for three days now and I can't get to it...! But then again, this hobby requires patience. 8')

16. I don't like when people who are longer in the hobby look down on newbies, especially whey they try to criticize something. Like when you try to give somebody an advice, they tell you to shut up, because you are new, or when you say you don't like something in the hobby, they order you to leave it. I don't like when people laugh at others' dolls, too. I'd like the community to be heathier and friendlier.

17. I hate when companies censor their own doll photos as if we should be protected from seeing what the doll we wish to own looks like without clothes. I could see how it could make sense not to show them in all their glory on the page just for the full doll, but it’s frustrating to see after you’ve specifically gone to the detailed body page to see the details.

18. When a company will sell dolls exclusively to those living in China :evil: it's infuriating!

19. @GCDear , I think that Chinese companies censor their naked dolls because of the Chinese law which doesn't allow to show nudity. I don't know about Japenese and Korean companies. I find it a bit upsetting as well, but the law is the law.

And my pevee relaeted to Chinese companies - charging 1/3 more for a doll for customers outside China. It's just not fair. I know that they pay a lot more for using PP, but it doesn't explain why the prices are so high for us.

20. The censorship can be annoying. I didn't realize my Ringdoll boy had a jointed willy until months after I ordered him. I found out in an unboxing vid. :whee:

Right now I'm just hoping there are no more discontinuations until after September. It's been rough with the Dollzone, Doll Chateau and DiM ones in a handful of months.