1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. Photoshopping on the company sales pics. If im buying something i want to really know what it looks like and photo editing obscures details. Also not showing the doll blank, different faceup and blushing can completely change the expression.

2. Not seeing the dolls in tan options in the company photos. I will often see a nice sculpt but then I have to wait to see someone post pictures of that sculpt in a tan color :eek:

3. YES! I would really like to see blank dolls as it shows how the faceup 'changes' the face. Sometimes I feel like the faceup can hide the eye shape or obscure the lips and I would really like to make sure that I like the sculpt itself and not just the faceup. Especially with fairyland realfee fantasy parts, since they don't include blushing, I would like to see the plain color options. Thats a little specific though lol!

4. The fact that I joined the hobby so long after Dream of Doll died. I'm scared of secondary market, but if I ever muster up the courage, it will be because of this brand.

5. biggest pet peeve doll wise is hard for me cus i usually love all dolls and even if i dont in still a fan as long as the owners happy but it drives me insane when a doll has a small or normal head but has J size titties. ive got nothing against big titty wifu, i have some and so does my boyfriend but when the sizing is just to off it ticks me off LIKE WHY DOES A DOLL NEED A "J" SIZE CUP WHEN SHES A MINI SWEET DOLL. also people with the "i know more then you" attitude. like i just joined doa a few weeks back but ive been in the hobby and doing face ups for years but people sill have a need to act like they are better cus they where here longer. then finally people who give criticism without being asked, like i get constructive criticism is good it's how you improve but dont just go telling everyone tht didnt even ask for it, and there is also a fine line between criticism and just being rude, it drives me nuts

6. Right now? Trying to figure out how to post my photos to this website from Flickr! I've done all I know to do and still can't get one to show!!

7. are you clicking the 'image' icon in the message box here? ... if yes... STOP... you just find the BBC link in Flickr for your picture copy it as it is and paste directly in here... no other steps. you don't have to add anything to the link for it to work...

8. *Grunts* good thing I found this thread. I need to vent out. I feel disheartened and mildly annoyed, yesterday I just found out that one of my favorite dolls has a scratch on her leg and I swear I haven't done anything that caused it. I only take her out the box once every week and this happens. The scratch isn't too deep but a blue line is visible. I'm suspecting someone had accidentally scratched her with a sharp pen, but still. I swear I won't let non-bjd people near her anymore after what happened :atremblin

9. Having been in the hobby a long time, with my dolls almost constantly on display - all of mine now being secondhand, the oldest more than 10 years old at this point - all this talk of aged dolls "yellowing" had me so scared when I first started collecting! But as long as you aren't leaving your dolls in windows with the sun beating down on them like they're trying for a hot dog tan, yellowing occurs evenly and naturally. I actually really like the new "mellow" colour of my older dolls, as I find newer resin colours too bright most times to really give the feel of actual skin.

This! So much this. I remember when Soom brought back their Chrom sculpt, but they had smoothed out his original downward-hooked nose and strong bridge. Some people liked the new nose option, but so many people were unhappy! They finally had a chance to purchase a limited sculpt, but it was a modified version of the one they had actually wanted. His nose was the whole reason I wanted Chrom in the first place - that and his mono-lidded eyes. I very rarely see dolls without the double eyelid fold!

Which reminds me of another peeve... I'm finding, as time goes on, that even dolls from companies I love are starting to have fewer and fewer differences from one new sculpt to the next. It's like they're too afraid that adding 'uncommon' features to a doll will make it unpopular and reduce sales. I can understand that - small or large, a company's bottom line is very important to keep the lights on and employees fairly paid - but it's still something I wish more companies would consider doing, even in small ways.

10. @Catsick i have a Chrom and I love this nose and monolids! :love

11. Companies showing pictures of things in full-sets that...
      1) the doll doesn’t come with
      2) they don’t sell
      3) can’t even tell me where I can buy it!!
      Ugh!! Please just show us what we’re actually getting and don’t make us fall in love with something that will take a network-wide manhunt to complete!

12. Another thing that grinds my gears... :vein

eBay sellers that don’t update their listings!! This is literally the FIFTH TIME THIS YEAR I’ve ordered something and they message me a day or a week later to tell me they don’t have it! :x:evil:
      (Not the same seller!! ALL DIFFERENT sellers!!)

13. I completely agree. I wish more companies offered a lower priced shipping option, instead of only EMS. If I'm buying just one accessory or a wig or something, I don't want the shipping to be more than the items themselves :|

14. I have a pretty woeful example of this. I once bought two YOSD sized hooks (for my Soom Ai hooves, I had to look for a very specific size) and instead of a letter, they came in a box big enough to fit an entire YOSD doll. And the shipping was 20 dollars. :abambi: The customs asked me to send them receipts because they were super skeptic about someone buying something worth less than 2 dollars and paying 20 dollars to ship it.

15. I know other people have said this, but its annoying how often companies don't provide pictures of blank head sculpts. If I order a blank doll, I want to know what it actually looks like first.

16. Just got confronted with this. Recently bought three items and over a fourth of the cost was shipping. It cost more than one of the items.

17. I hate that there’s a million sculpts with the same euro-centric features: double eyelids, small nose, medium lips, etc. If I want a girl sculpt that doesn’t look European, I can’t choose which sculpt I like best. Instead, I have to settle for an Iplehouse sculpt that I feel ‘meh’ about, and Iplehouse won’t sell heads by themselves. :...(

18. This has been said before, but when clothing I am buying says MSD, with no measurements. Then when I send inquiries, it is not clothing to fit my type of MSD doll.

I am pretty new, and really only know my own doll type measurements, but everything cute seems Minifee sized. I need cute, modern layerable outfits for girls with hips.

19. looking for shoes and only getting
      "fits msd (or sd or.... ) and NO MEASUREMENTS!!! you would think by now makers of products for solls would know those things do not mean anything anymore.

I was looking for shoes on Legend doll again... the majority of them have no measurements -_-

20. I hate that I can just never actually find what I'm looking for!!!! I try every combination of search terms and and... zero! zilch! nada! Lol
      I can't believe how little there really is out there but do think being in the UK narrows the options quite a bit... Grrr