1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. I've seen some people comment about this, but the lack of variety in older masculine dolls. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the pretty male looks (I own one) . I just wish they had more variety and emphasis on masculine looks. More jaw line variety, big hands without the regular sleek fingers!!! The round faces or the bishounen look is cute, but it gets pretty older after a while. Give us some more rugged males!!

I would also love to see more dolls with sculpted scars or body marks! I know they can always be added in with faceup, but having it actually sculpted in the doll would bring it more to life!

Last but not least I want more tan colors! I haven't checked many companies but it seems they all sell the same sand tan color!! I would love to see more darker tones!

2. When you're shelling an OC, and can't find ANY wigs or hair that even remotely matches what you have in mind, so you either have to make it yourself... or pay someone almost the price of a new doll for what you want. :T

3. This speaks to me on a spiritual level:sweat

4. Oh, yes!! I had thought about ordering the last in-stock RP at Denver Dolls, but the shipping (plus customs I would have to pay on a package from the US) made me hesitate just a day too long, and he was gone.

The problem with secondhand RP is that I just don't trust most of the market sites out there. Plus people are starting to realise that RP and PP are 'rare' dolls now, and prices are skyrocketing.

5. I know! It around $200 for me to piece my pukisha together just a fee months ago, but I couldn't do that again with the sudden price jumps!

6. I really wish there were more sewing patterns and clothes available in SD13 and SD17 sizes for boys. I also sometimes feel stuck because I am unsure about what style I want for my dolls and suddenly I get this urge to change all of their styles.

7. This is kind of a nitpicky thing, but...I am tired of the people right here on DoA who post, asking for help - it can be anything from finding a specific item to identifying a sculpt to fixing an issue with their doll - and a whole bunch of people take the time to hop on with various suggestions, links, long explanations or whatever - and the OP never responds again. Like, they disappear without so much as a thank you, or a thanks but that's not quite what I was looking for. I mean, how rude is that? I see it time and time again, and I'm really sick of it. If a group of strangers makes the effort to try and help you with a problem, then common courtesy dictates that you at least acknowledge their presence and act of kindness, you discourteous, ungrateful creatures. [/rant]

8. People who buy floating heads (even those on sale for like $25), give them a face up, then sell them for hundreds of dollars. I'm talking $500+ for a floating head! It's just far too much IMO.

On the same note, people selling a super common doll, say a $400 doll, for over a thousand. I've seen this happen recently and I was so turned down from it that I had to unfollow the people who posted them. Honestly, the person could just buy the same doll for the price you bought it for to begin with.

Minifees have gotten too repetitive to me. Given, my second doll was a Minifee but I was still a baby in the hobby. I still love the sculpts but they all seem very similar, not much diversity, not to mention their very specific model-fantasy-esque body shapes. It's neat for one or two of my own dolls but the diversity is so small, it's very off putting.

There aren't enough dark skin resins. I really want a dark skinned doll, but it's so hard to find one that isn't just tan.

Clothes sizes. They're so confusing. Even if I measure my doll down to the millimeter, a clothing item still doesn't fit. Same with wigs and shoes, and eyes surprisingly. Eyes never seem to fit my dolls. Don't even get me started on DC's wild body types (I love DC, but man, shopping for those bodies is hard).

The waiting. And this is half joking. I knew what kind of waits I was in for when I got into this hobby but dang, the wait time is just so brutal. It can really kill your love and excitement for a doll real fast. This is why I only buy in stock dolls now.

Anyway that's all I have for now. I'll probably be back later haha.

9. Personally I dislike when some well known collectors thinks highly of themselves, like they’ll only respond to people who are popular...
      When people don’t read the description and ask questions that are already answered!

(I read on the comments some don’t like color or different fonds sorry, hopefully mine is easier!)

#509 Kananshii, Dec 9, 2019
      Last edited: May 15, 2021
    10. Selling a doll, blank that's brand new wouldn't net more than 200 for over 500.

11. Annoying me currently...
      A lot of the hobby is on IG and so am I. But to me it lacks a community feel and feels more like place for posting pics (which it is) than a place for real discussions and conversations. "That's cute!" And heart emojis are strong there. The over dramatic me keeps thinking that past social exchange in the hobby will die out. I also think I might be scaring some posters when I comment more than two sentences...

12. Eh, I don't blame ya. Instagram doesn't really seem to promote a sense of community. I view it more like a place to build up a portfolio. Personally I prefer DOA to Insta. I like the privacy.

13. I'm with both of you about the IG... which i am not on. I want to be in conversations not be a sycophant. meaningless gushing is ... meaningless.. Oh and the back stabing i've heard of... gods that shit scares me O_O

14. I have to want a little bit..
      I really like the new Miracle Doll release (especially Sheep liz)
      There is no photo from he side, the light on the photos looks weird... and the doll has no face up.
      At least, show me the potential she could have.
      I can`t tell if she is cute or super ugly.. and I don`t want to spend 250 usd to find out.

Also:
      People who sell dolls overpriced that aren`t limited.
      No, I don`t want to spend 400€ on a doll that I can get for half of the price.
      Also, buying volks 2nd hand.
      Yes, some dolls are limited, but I can buy the same doll sometimes in better conditions for half of the price that people
      on facebook want me to pay.

15. I'm still waiting on my first doll buuuut...
      Ordering doll from store A, wig from store B, sewing materials from store C and D, eyes from person E, clothes from F and G, and then some more doll parts later from store A probably. And then different wait times. I can see why resellers like DDE and Junky are popular.
      Bless the few places that have some clothes, shoes, eyes and wigs as well as their own dolls for sale.

16. People who override the default font or color in every single post. I'm not sure what form of vanity or insecurity drives people to do this, but as someone with some visual issues it's incredibly annoying. Sadly overriding a website's fonts in the browser doesn't work so well anymore because with font icons and responsive sites nothing renders correctly if you do that. Fortunately web designers have mostly become aware that poor font and color choices are bad for accessibility and make reasonable choices, but clearly the people who override the default settings don't understand this. (Giving them the benefit of the doubt that it's not that they don't care.)

Since there's no setting in the forum to ignore custom font/color tags I just add anyone who overrides the defaults to my ignore list.

17. The secondhand market is your friend! Just be sure that you are getting a legit doll and not a recast, so do your homework! Research and ask questions. Even the most obvious "Is this a recast doll?" is a viable question to ask when buying.

I may be in the minority, but I'm a Cerberus Project/Fairyline fan. I loved it when Fairyland sold their Feeple60 Active line bodies separately from the heads. I managed to get two bodies back then, but now I'd have to buy an entire doll to get the body I want. The same for their MSD bodies. I don't want to buy an entire doll just to get the body I want. Its very difficult to find anyone willing to split the head from the body. I have seven (eight) floating heads, I only need bodies!

I really don't care for the Moe bodies at all. To me they look dumpy. And they don't seem to be able to pose as well as the Feeple60 A-line bodies. For me, poseablity is the most important thing, even more so than resin matching. And should I mention the difficulties I've read about people finding shoes that fit the pudgy Moe and Fairyline60 feet?

Since most of my dolls are human or humanoid, I don't have any use for the Fairyline60's ability to be able to switch out for fantasy parts...unless I luck out and find a compatible mermaid tail for sale.

More male sculpts would be wonderful too. Whether you bring back some of your older sculpts, *coughShiwooElJessDambiShineTheMoonEtccough* or create newer ones, it would be wonderful to have the option of getting new CP heads and bodies. And if you do, I can only hope that you bring back A La Carte for your SD-sized dolls. I'd love to buy some female heads and put them on male A-line bodies! I love Erda, but he's not what I'm currently looking for.

Also, Fairyland, please add more SD and MSD shoes, clothes and outfits to your site! I loved the ones you had, (that I missed out on) but I'd love more!

Ryu

#517 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Dec 26, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    18. Trying to find a photo sharing site that is cell phone friendly! I can't share photos at all here anymore!

19. the lack of specific measurements for outfits on various sites is driving me nuts. Or even simply specifying exactly what doll they were modelled after. I have an SD17 size doll, I've 2 pairs of pants for him, one fits snug like a glove and the other has a waist gap of several centimeters. The size feels so arbitrary in this case because heres the real kicker: Both pairs are by the same company, so I asked them, and I got the answer that I am completely correct that the patterns for the pants differ in size because one pattern was drawn to fit Switch, which is where my boy is from. The other fit different because they were patterned for a different brand, dollsomething :...(. Because they don't make their own dolls, which many clothes makers don't, I now feel like I have to bother all of them with questions about what body the items were made for so I won't end up with pieces that I would have to alter myself. The gaping pair also had some lining I had to snip out and fix so I could get them on my doll full stop, which I would have known if measurements had been posted. Considering these items cost more than what I would pay for an equivalent item for myself, if I were to go and buy fast fashion, it's disappointing.

I am brand new to the hobby, mind, and never truly took discrepancies within the same size into account before, so thankfully this first experience has already alerted me to this. Thankfully its minor alterations that I need to do, and I can do them. But gods this is an actual jungle, and I feel sympathetic towards those that do not know how to fix these kinds of things.

20. The fact that all the bjd facebook group in my country are really hard to get in... Even I do state that I have a doll (And of course he's legit!) .... My request still get suspend. I heard form a friend that it might took you 4 months or so to get an approve.

So I just let it be and start searching for a english user community like DOA.