1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. Seller: "I have shoes for sale in standard size."
      Me: "What do you mean, 'standard' size?"
      Seller: "Oh, you know, STANDARD SIZE."
      Me: "Yes, but what -"
      Seller: "MINIFEE."

2. Sellers that don't include inside measurements for shoes! Some shoes are very chunky material wise just due to the logistics of like vinyl/leather/canvas thick enough to hold a nice shape and are much tinier on the inside!!!

Also kind of hate myself for my love of body variety but then it's like oh no I gotta sew.... Big Baby dolls are kind of annoying to buy for because like some loose 1/4 clothes fits and some doesn't.

Company photos that don't include A SIMPLE. STRAIGHT, SIDE, AND 3/4 VIEW. I had a brain fart on the identity of an old doll I didn't have paperwork for and trying to look at company photos was like....... :? no one needs 10 photos of the doll at a weird angle with hair in their face...

Also kind of hate when companies totally scrub old releases off their website. Like I understand if they don't want to sell the doll again because molds wear out and contracts with sculptors expire and etc, but sometimes it's like "Did this company make X or am I misremembering?!" There are so many companies and artist studios now and having been in the hobby for like 12 years now, it is like please my memory span needs help...

3. - All the cool conventions are in the Northwest, Europe or Asia. You'd think NYC could get a proper annual doll con going at least! Or have a store!
      - Companies that I like but their dolls are expensive and they don't sell heads separately (Iple) or have weird compatibility issues (Fairyland).
      - Cool dolls that are 65-70+ cm. I am a smol. I do not want to carry around dolls half my height.
      - Also I keep finding SDs I like even though I'm trying to avoid them because I can't really take them anywhere.
      - Serious lack of vinyl boys.
      - Dolls that are weird sizes and need very specifically tailored clothes.
      - Lack of clear faceup pictures.
      - Trying to settle on a doll to be a specific character when there are 20 different sculpts that might work and as soon as you think you've settled on one you end up changing your mind again and you're afraid you'll end up buying something you don't like as much because it worked better for the character than the doll you really liked...

4. Omg, this is SO prevalent in clothes and I've even seen it with wigs.... stuff labeled simply '1/6 size' or '1/4 size' as if that range didn't have a lot of actual variation!!

5. This is a super baby complaint but the weird lack of information on Unoa's and how to work with them and managing a B-grade doll is really getting to me lately, especially since they're so popular. I'm trying to DIY everything when it comes to my girl because I love her so much, but it's hard to find any tips on how to work on her with the exception of one YouTube video that didn't help my issue at all when I tried it out OTL It's starting to make me consider selling her because I've had such a hard time fixing her up but I reallyyy don't want to since she was a dream sculpt of mine and still the most beautiful doll I've seen in a long time.

6. That's not a "baby complaint." I think its legit. :3nodding:

Have you considered looking for the Unoa Discussion thread? Or perhaps keeping the head but selling the body? Or starting a Help thread?

Hope those suggestions help you. :)

I just thought of a rant.

I'm coming back from a vacation with non-BJD people.

Normally, I take all kinds of pics with Ryuichi when I go places with my BJD-owning partner, but due to hanging around non-BJD friends, I didn't take very many pics with Ryuichi like I do when with my partner.

Bleah, I probably should have taken more pics with him in them. Or even taken him with me more. :doh

Ryu

#526 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Feb 25, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    7. I feel like were always going incounter people copying off of dolls in a hobby were anyone can have the same doll as you. it can be frustrating for sure and I think its portant to try to be as careful as we can to avoid carbon coppying other collectors

i think one of the things that annoyes me is that these companies make these beautiful boy bodies then give um when sculpting the gentials

#527 carsonmouse08, Feb 28, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2020
    8. To be honest I always assume that 1/3 and 1/4 are made to fit Volks sizes, like MSD for 1/4

9. I think that it depends on what company the doll is from as to how detailed their genitals are. I've seen some pretty...detailed...ones over the years. :sweat

Many people can have the same sculpt and yet have them look completely different. I've yet to go to any meetup and seen the same sculpt look like each other. They usually have different faceups, different clothes, different everything. :3nodding:

Ryu

10. Mostly I hate when my twin sister says don't buy anymore dolls you have too many. In all honesty
      I only own 9 bjds and the rest are fashion dolls. I do have a goodreau doll but I don't count her as a bjd.

I also hate to wait for bjds. Or I hate when I change my mind about my wishlist. I just can't figure out how many I want.

11. When a company has a sale or event right after you place an order (or when I'm broke). *cries*

12. It really made me frustrated for tracking my package, sometimes the UPS gives the wrong in infor on their website. One time I was checked my doll's delivery information the website showed it was unsuccessful delivery due to miss the address, this almost killed me so I called them immediately. Turns out just nobody answers the door and this is a signature required item. I went to UPS pick it up the next day cause I don't want to panic whole day for the safety of my doll:doh.

13. Oh man, I totally get it! USPS' tracking is terrible for something that comes from another country!

Why is it that I can track something perfectly in China, Japan, South Korea, etc, but once it gets to the US it disappears? :?*_*:nowords::huh?:

I don't know how many times I waited for a doll or an item, refreshing the page daily in the hopes that it will update where something is, only to not have it update until well after the item has been delivered. Then all of a sudden, all of the stops it's made magically appears on the USPS site. :sigh:vein

WTF, USPS?

Ryu

14. That's exactly what I feel! Once I get the email of shipping notice, I start to refresh the tracking website everyday and prey USPS doesn't mess up.

15. Brush you doll's damn hair.

16. Speaking of hair, why is it that no matter how long you spend combing/brushing a long haired doll's wig, 30 seconds later it looks like it was in a windstorm? *_*:huh?:

Ryu

17. Bad behavior in the hobby.

I'm not talking about doll negligence; if someone wants to leave their $$$ Soom to roast in the sun, or let their child draw on it with Sharpie, it's their investment. I like extreme mods. Others hate them. There are a million ways to 'ruin' a doll and no time to be petty over it.

I'm talking bad behavior plain and simple. Creating anonymous accounts on social media to harass other people. Spreading harmful rumors with no evidence. Asking people to 'hold' something without putting money towards it, then cancelling after days or weeks of leaving the seller hanging. Cancelling a hold or an unfinished layaway with money invested, then demanding it back from a seller who put 'non-refundable' in their listing.

I cannot say I've experienced all, but they drive me mad. The hobby is larger and more hostile than the early years. In the past few months I've had several messages asking me to sell things without sales threads. Some of them are listed in a trade thread, but c'mon people. Only things listed for sale are for sale- that's in the ToS.

Speaking of the DoA terms of service, there are a rash of trade/wtb/wishlists on profiles and the MP- even posts across the forum- with dolls that are banned on DoA. People aren't reading the rules anymore. Does it make these dolls bad inherently? No. But it does mean that they cannot- and should not- be requested or posted here. Nothing wrong with supporting someone who has made positive changes in their hobby approach. But it doesn't change the past, or DoA's stance on their work. In order for a ban to be effective, its penalties must be strictly upheld.

18. Trendy hate.

Trendy hate can go die in a fire. We're all here to enjoy the hobby, but when you get on your cute little high horse (it's more of a rocking horse, honey), and declare "X company is so bad! I don't know why anyone likes them! They're overrated/ugly/too cheap/too expensive/ship too slowly/all look the same/etc" you're doing it for one reason. You're doing it to hurt the owners of X company's dolls.

It always shifts around. It was trendy to hate Bobobie when I started. "Ugh, so cheap and ugly! All Chinese dolls are trash!"

Volks were trendy to hate for a while. "Ugh, their owners are such snobs, for such plain looking dolls!"

FairyLand is a big one now. "Ugh, they're so overpriced and basic, no one ever buys them except to be popular!"

Dollshe gets it too. "Ugh, why would you waste your time waiting for those, if they even ever ship?"

You can think that a doll is too plain, or not your style, or whatever. But if you think your pathetic little opinion is some grand truth you need to declare to the entire hobby, and your words are what will get everyone to see the light? "Gosh, I never realized my X doll was so bad! Thank you, I'll throw it in the trash and buy a Y instead!"

Shut up. Stop trying to ruin the hobby for others.

19. Might be humidity. Try adding conditioner to your doll's hair and get back to us on it.

20. i feel you on the long hair wigs the wavy ones are really hard to brush out