1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. Restringing... every doll I've restrung has just. Royally messed up. Too tight, the elastic won't go through a hole (had this issue last night...), too loose... restringing sucks.

How hard faceups actually are. They aren't easy in the slightest.

Wigs that just. Slide/pop off no matter what you do. Even if you have a cap on their head, it just pops off!! So frustrating.

Not being able to get rid of a doll. Even if you make the price low as heck, you just cannot get rid of it because nobody wants it.

2. The best way to put a stop to this is to hit the report button when someone private messages you soliciting unasked for sales, and reporting when you come across sales lists in people's profiles. Nothing stops this behavior quite like getting a warning from the mods, and frankly we appreciate the help.

Trust me when I say I understand your annoyance. >_>

3. The most annoying thing to me is insensitive "crossdressing" or "trap" or "otokonoko" dolls. As someone who is trans, seeing these dolls is super uncomfortable and annoying, especially when the doll's personality and character is just a fetishized stereotype of trans and nb people.

4. Take better photos. Regardless, at least you seem to have gotten most of the ones you've posted on here sold.

5. Photos are the bane of my existence lmao but yeah, I probably should try to find better lighting somewhere

6. Just get a cheap lamp and a bulb with nice wattage. Never use flash on your phone.

7. I've been in the hobby for quite some time, so I've bought some really nice vinyl clothes over the years.

Now many of them are peeling, scaling, coming apart from the fabric underneath, and just plain splitting. :aeyepop: WTF??? :horror: I paid quite a bit for some of these pieces, why are they disintegrating? :...(:chomp:

I know its not the fault of the tailor/designer/company, but DAMMIT! I really wanted these clothes for certain dolls! :(

Ryu

8. Unfortunately, that's just what vinyl does. As it ages, it loses all of its chloride ions, which eventually results in the whole molecule disintegrating.

9. Maybe if I dip them in chloride really fast and then rinse them off.... :lol: Thank you for the explanation, @Audrina Mystique.

I'm trying to re-create one of the vinyl coats in more durable tablecloth vinyl, but now I'm wondering if I should simply splurge and see if I can make it in leather. It would be an interesting experiment. :3nodding:

Ryu

10. Not really a complaint, but whenever I see "pukifee," all I notice is the word "puke;" therefore, I mentally pronounce it pyuk-i-fee.

11. You're welcome! I've also thought about trying to repair it with something like latex body paint. Just peel off the vinyl until the base cloth is all that's left and paint it with either fabric paint (for a cloth look) or latex body paint (for a leather look). I imagine the latex would still age and eventually fall apart, though, since latex is a plant derivative.

12. Certain color wigs being hard to come across. It's natural or it's pastel-- deep royal purple, or deep greens is hard to come across though I find wefts.
      It seems inevitable that I'm going to have to try and make a wig.

#552 Mutation, Mar 22, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    13. I was pulling basting threads from a sewing project and tore the fabric. >_< I repaired it, an the rip in in an inconspicuous spot, but still.

14. I'm shocked I didn't post this. My 3 year old doll STILL doesn't have a permanent wig because I flat out cannot find the right color on sale! The worst part is when you do find that rare color wig and then it's in the wrong size! I thought I found the perfect (green, so I feel your struggle!) wig but no it was for tinies. :doh

I'm going to be stuck in this limbo for a while as not only do I not know how to make a wig, I don't trust myself with synthetic wefts and every time I've handled yarn I've ended with itchy hands and a cough.

15. Ugh! I never cared about the weather until it became winter and impossible to seal face-ups. I have multiple dolls that I've been dying to practice face-ups on, but no good area indoors to leave them to dry.

16. I know exactly how you two feel!:3nodding: :(

I finally found wefts that were the closest I've ever seen to this color, but I failed the first time I tried to make a wig for poor Ryuichi. I don't have the skill to make and cut it the way it needs to be done, so the wefts are simply sitting in my sewing kit, waiting for me to find someone willing to create the wig Ryuichi needs.

What happened to all the wildly colored wigs that used to be out there? Now everything is pastel! :eek::...(

Ryu

17. When I am looking for a doll it is never on the second hand market but as soon as I buy it, there's like six?! Why?

18. And they're always cheaper than what you paid for your doll too! :(

Ryu

19. People complaining that a $1 price up is "too high" when there are people selling their secondhand dolls for much more expensive out there, insisting an added faceup/blushing/etc isn't even worth $1 (I already know my faceups are worthless, but thanks lol)

People who turn around and complain because I cannot ship the item out immediately and want a refund.

Rude people in general. It's almost always when it comes to selling stuff, not often in casual situations.

#559 Swifty, Mar 24, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    20. The waiting time of course .....