1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. In my old apartment, UPS was exactly like this. They didn't deliver a single thing! I actually didn't order something I wanted, because it had to be kept cool and I never would have gotten it before the package warmed to the point of destroying it.

The post man was like that, too, until the day when I reamed the office and they sent him back. I had a talk with him, and after that, if I was home I got my packages.

I'm not sure that the actual concern is carcinogens as much as it is "this will also seal your lungs," but either way it does disperse rather quickly and is likely going to do less harm to your wildlife than the chemical herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers used in the corn field. :) But if you aren't comfortable, you aren't comfortable. Maybe find another excuse for the airbrush so you can justify it? ;)

And for a rant, I wish I had more TIME. I have a blushing job I need to finish, and some clothes I'm working on, but I'm also working long hours and out of town for two days (I'm in the truck right now, in fact) so I can't touch either one.

2. I agree completely with this, and also things labeled "SD13" that don't fit my Volks SD13. yes, I understand that Volks standard sizes have become a catch-all for all BJDs in that size, but if it specifically says SD13 or SD17 or another Volks specific size, then I expect it to fit a Volks doll in that scale. I bought something once that was labelled as fitting SD13 and similar, but it was wayyyy too tiny for my doll. Turns out they used a super skinny ResinSoul as a model, but called it SD13 because it was the same height as SD13. Ummm...that doesn't work and it's very misleading.

3. The worst thing for me is dolls that are fully customized but have no faceups. Especially when there are no plans to get the face made up. Like why go through the trouble of getting everything customized and then just use a blank face? There are people who prefer dolls without faceups but I just don't get it.

4. I've got another one. Lack of funds! Not just for dolls, but supplies too! I want to get an airbrush system to do face ups. By the time I save enough, it will be winter and too wet and cold for face ups. Looks like my dolls will be blank until next summer. :|

5. That as time goes on, more and more items/clothing are made exclusively for fairyland dolls. Whargh! Used to be you could only find Volks sizes, and now all I can find are MNF. I don't own either of those!

Further insult to injury: Finally found DC clothes... for the wrong body type. :doh

Oh well, guess I'd better get the sewing machine back out.

6. Companies who don't give side view of the sculpts in their listings. Like, why!? You have eighteen 3/4 shots at slightly different angles, just move your blasted camera an inch to the right! Don't make me dig endlessly in your listings for the heads. If you've got the heads listed separately and if they have the side shots. It'd also be helpful if you posted at least one image of the nude sculpt. And also had a shot of your available resin colours somewhere, preferably easy to access and locate.

Related, poor site design. (Lookin' at you, Mint on Card.) And a little bit websites that don't hire copy-editors, though I do kinda understand both points.

Being unable to find nice/historical (or, "historical") YoSD clothing, or YoSD sized items. I'm legitimately thinking about upping my sewing game to be able to sell some just so that there's something on the market, but uhm, yeah... Also, totally in agreement about the difficulty of finding sealant. :sigh

7. Why do so many characters decide to pop up when I decide to get a new doll? I just wanna save up a whole ton just for dolls + doll accessories so I can buy them all en mass and trick them out. Buut I don't think that'd plausible.

And then there's resisting the urge to impulse buy.

8. -When a company doesn't sell the head and body separately ( Looking at you crobidoll! ... this still might not stop me from buying a Lance though.., XP ) Speaking of, I'd also like a choice as to which M or R line body I can get....
      -Lack of fantasy props and armor
      -How expensive bjd pets are Q3Q
      -Having a hard time finding owner pics of dolls that I'm interested in
      -Super limited dolls with a really short order window, I try my best not to make impulse buys so I like to have time to ponder and think about what I would do with the doll.

Honestly these are just little things though haha, more to do with my lack of funds than anything =q=ll

9. THIS. There have been so many times that I've thought "yes, this doll looks perfect for my character, the nose is just right!" Then I go and google the doll's head because there aren't any side view pictures of it on the company's website. And I go "WOAH THERE what is that nose??" I like big and different looking noses on dolls, but it's super misleading when you thought the doll had an anthill for a nose and it turns out to be a rocky mountain.

10. Yes, I hate not being able to buy separate heads! Iplehouse, your bodies stink. I'd spend more with you if you'd let me buy just heads... :/

11. my pet peeves are when clothes/wigs/eyes/shoes doesn't fit!! clothes.. well, if you are talented, you can bring your sewing machine, but with eye gaps and shoes, you realize that you just wasted 30-50 dollars...

12. And then the seller is dumb enough to SAY the PayPal fees are included in the price! That's still ME paying YOUR fee that you have agreed you would pay. I read that and move on.

Just think.up a price that covers your expenses and keep quiet.

13. One that's bothered me for a long time now... People who throw every tiny question that comes to them into General Discussion, regardless of whether it belongs there, whether it already exists somewhere, whether it's already been answered a dozen times. For Pete's sake, do at least a little research before posting, even if it's just to discover forums that exist outside GD.

14. I am mildly annoyed by the high prices on doll furniture. Like...I know you're paying for materials and the artist's time, but some prices are just so high, it seems kind of ridiculous. And even to myself it's like "Well, if you don't want to pay that much, then make it yourself!" But sometimes I'd just like to buy something that's decently made and not like $200+ for a little loveseat or something. Maybe I'm just whiny.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. Wonky eyes, messy hair, rumpled clothes and blurry photos that don't improve over time. It's not maybe a peeve so much as a problem I kept seeing so I'm doing a photography experiment to write an article about it to help people just starting out and only using a cell phone...kind of like others have advised, inspired and helped me to improve with so much too! So what started as a gripe and pet peeve of mine has actually become a really fun project.

16. Nah your not whiny. I used to pine over stuff like the couches Dollmore makes (used to make? I haven't been on their site in years) until I found the stuff that fit my dolls. I was at a pottery store and found two planters shaped like benches. Some cardboard cut out and covered in felt and then wrapped in fabric according to season and they're perfect for my dolls to perch upon. (They also fold flat so I could put them in my duffle bag for meetups) Found a funky orange lawn chair that's MSD size that is also supposed to be for plants - but it fits my dolls so perfectly. Found a fainting couch at a dollar store that's actually a jewelry box for my yo-sd girls too. It's all about what you want and what your willing to pay for it. My benches cost me ten - for both as they were on clearance. My chair cost me about 8... It was so worth it.

(edit: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/LnwAAOSwlXhZYqXM/s-l1600.jpg Something like this. Mine are collapsible and iron looking but this is the rough idea)

#56 Arashi Uchiha, Jul 25, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    17. Okay... Something that actually pisses me off.

WHY THE HELL DOES TUMBLR NOT REMOVE NSFW OF ACTUAL THINGS BUT INNOCENT STUFF GETS MARKED IT? I just mass uploaded a bunch of doll pics to my tumblr and now I see they've been marked as NSFW.

None of them were naked, nor doing anything crude.

18. This reminds me of something that annoys me, when you finally find the exact photos you need for some sort of reference and it has an unremovable nsfw filter over it because you don't have an account. It makes some sense why this happens and honestly I think to some degree it's a good idea, but when I'm trying to look at how one doll body compares to another, I really don't want to have to make an account I'll never use just to see that one picture.

19. Seriously. That drives me insane. Or you find that it's for a profile that's private so viewing it is not an option at all. Just confused me why my pictures had it. It got corrected thankfully but it seemed weird.

(Took me forever to find refs of a doll body I was looking at. It wound up being nothing like what I expected and I switched sculpts completely.)

20. yES THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE. EXACTLY MAN, EXACTLY.