1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. The thing currently annoying me in the hobby is realistic head sculpts with eyes that are WAY TOO long. . like the head would be gorgeous and realistic if you just took a half a millimeter off width-wise. Even very very slightly larger than normal eyes can work with a realistic sculpt, but not when the eyes go nearly to the sides of the face. That ruins it entirely for me.

2. I know that this is mostly a stylistic thing, but trying to find a YOSD that doesn't have an absolutely huge bobblehead. Especially when they leave the mouth and nose super tiny, the proportions are all chipmunk-y? :?

3. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think that Fairyland LittleFees have bobbleheads. Sure, Ichi-chan's hair is fluffy, but he doesn't seem to be bobbleheaded to me.

[​IMG]
      Ichi-chan's new shoes
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

Have you checked out Fairyland's website, @mangakyubey?

To keep this post on topic, I hate that SD furniture, and even MSD furniture is often stupidly expensive! Why can't there be a simple stuffed chair that doesn't cost "$100+" before shipping? Are these chairs and stuff made with gold in them somewhere?

I might have ranted about this before, but I think its worth repeating if I did.

Ryu

4. Currently being told to pay extra because the company had to use another shipping service. They couldn't help it but it hurt to convert USD to AUD again.

5. @Facethefake I feel your pain, paying double to get to Australia is not fun.
      It’s almost like the doll gods are punishing us!

6. Yep. This one plus some Kickstarters that are just 100% not shipping right now makes me a cranky Australian.

7. @Facethefake I have had to pass up on so many things, doll stuffs and kickstarters alike.

8. My biggest pet peeve is posing - specifically when dolls refuse to hold a pose. I use my dolls a lot for reference when I'm drawing. I like using them because then I can play with distance, perspective, pose, etc. all without sketching and have a custom reference right there that already works perfectly for what I have in mind. Sometimes the dolls even strike a pose I wouldn't have thought to do and it looks better than what I originally had planned. That said, some dolls pose better than others and each doll has their own limitations that you have to work through.

9. That dolls with my skin tone are a bit harder to find. I don’t like the idea of having to wait an extra additional week because of resin needing to be darker when it’s not the case for the other skin tones. I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining because I understand casting colors in general are super hard, I just wish I could find a doll with my skin tone as the first initial option:(

10. Have you checked out dolls from Atelier Momoni? Various colored resins are standard in her preorders and take no longer than any others. And her dolls are really cute (some with a smile that looks rather like yours).

11. I think I have and they are super cute!! But I’m going to recheck them out tonight, thank you!! <3

12. Going to complain about furniture again. I really want a nice, two-seater couch or something for my SDs, but I'm extremely picky on style. I love what Volks sells but it's about $600 for the one I want, which just seems like so much to me.

Any antique or vintage one I find that is for child or large doll scale is just a bit too large, or way too expensive. There was a lovely set on eBay that was absolutely perfect, but the seller wanted $1200! :aeyepop:

OR, I find the perfect one...and it's a dog bed. A bed for dogs. And it's $6000. Do people buy these?

13. Ik this is so basic, but the lack of friggin representation.
      Honestly its the 21st century, get with the program. Why do they have to make the darker and more inclusive skin-tones more expensive, yet artists don't. That proves it doesn't cost more to produce the darker tones. I understand that the companies are Asian and that's what's popular there, but they have tons of costumers that are people of color and that are not white or Asian.

14. Not really an annoyance but... unpopular opinion, i guess. i think fairyland's tan resin tone isn't good. it's dull, it feels lifeless. and yes, i have had a tan fairyland doll before. i've compared it to the normal skin and i much prefer normal.

15. I have an older tan MNF and the colour really is warmer than the current one, and it also makes the current tan look ashy by comparison.

16. When companies just say "Fits SD/MSD/YOSD/Tinies" instead of giving dimensions. Especially when it comes to shoes.

17. When companies make a great outfit but add some off fabric or something to it. For me this happens with Volks, they add a random splash of gingham pattern:? Now there is the upside of being able to buy parts of outfit sets people don't like:thumbup

#617 Dollvari, Nov 26, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    18. The fact that I'm not rich LOL! Omg there are so many cool things out there, not only dolls, but clothes, accessories... I only wish I didn't have other priorities right now >.<

19. companies having zero pictures of blank head, how can i possible no if i want the doll or not if i can't even SEE it.
      having to convert everything to AUD its always 2-3x as expensive:(
      also trying to find 60-70cm sized furniture that doesn't cost thousands.

20. The Canadian dollar. I love paying over 1k for a $700 doll... I love doing the cad to euro conversion even more....