1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. Things that I don't want tend to be absolutely everywhere for a time, then when I want them, they've all but evaporated.

Take those vans-like slip on shoes that came in a plethora of colors and prints. I HATED them when they were all over the place. Now I've got a doll that looks very good in them, and they're nowhere to be found. (And I'm stuck with that one fake LV print.) The same thing happened with those plaid scarves--when they were everywhere I didn't like them, but when I needed one they suddenly weren't anywhere.

I joke that I have some sort of discontinuation curse but this is hilariously ridiculous

2. Honestly just the amount of negative discourse constantly going on. Getting into the hobby and actually learning is so hard because apparently people are mostly interested in hating each other.

3. Goodness, I'm sorry that's been your experience! I've seen some of that on social media, but also a whole lot of support...and even more here on DoA! This is a very safe place to share and enjoy - and while the occasional bit of snark does sneak in, there is very little tolerance here for nastiness. :thumbup

4. being in this hobby for 15 years and STILL being unable to re-string my own doll :( whyyyy I cannot get a hang of it is a huge frustration for me currently. I just want my boy to be able to stand on his own.

5. Me vs. The Internet in a nutshell. :XD:

I have posted this before, but it seems to have become the standard - posting pics of dolls without mentioning their sculpt names anywhere. It's bad enough when there's a list of sculpts on the profile at least, so one can guesstimate which might be the ones in the picture ... but nothing in the thread, nothing on the profile, no doll profiles either? Makes me want to punch something. I'm still on the hunt for sculpts to fit OCs, and I used to like the galleries for that because there's such a wide variety of companies ... now it's plain frustrating if I see someone who might fit and have to be the one to ask "what sculpts are they?" in every single goddamn thread. :vein

6. @Jany I feel you on that so hard! It's like, so common on Instagram too. I almost consider it a nice surprise when they actually do bother to tag the sculpt. -_-

7. There's an idea for people who have dolls out: Collapsible company boxes. Sure, they are just about all some sort of paper/cardboard, but imagine a box you can just pull some tabs out and flatten.

8. everyone: don't touch the faceup, also body blushing tends to chip and comes off easily.
      you with a 2nd hand doll and contemplating taking some sandpaper to it: come off dammit, what did your previous owner used on you?

9. Here's a new one for me:

To help us keep to a budget, my husband put a max. monthly limit on my credit card (since I'm the one more likely to make impulse purchases). I'd forgotten this had happened. I went to pay a user on here for the 2nd half of my new doll body and the card was declined ;_; I have to wait until the statement-month ends to finish paying for my doll! I just want him to be here already.

I've already started making him clothes and everything.

10. I should do that to myself! Sorry your card was declined. I hope it wasn't a limited time release.

11. Face ups and body blushing come off easily until you want them to!

I had a chipping disaster doll but the second I wanted to do a full wipe it was like being Lady MacBeth...

It is a continuing mystery of my doll life how I can use the same sealant every time but sometimes I have to go absolutely nuclear on a doll while other times it is like what faceup?

12. Getting a really inspired idea for a character, but not having the funds to make it a reality. :vein

13. Ooff, yeah. It's really the worst!

14. Absolutely agree with you

15. 1. The waiting time. I just hope I still love my Zhou Yu when he arrives. (Hopefully not after 14 months like other RD dolls.)
      2. Finding measurements. Sometimes dealers and companies have different ones for the same doll. Sometimes you have to search through half of google to find them.
      3. This one or two hairs of a wig that just dont want to cooperate...

16. High fees for darker than Caucasian skin tones. I'm ok with paying and extra $20-$40, but much more than that makes me reconsider even buying the doll. There was a one artist company called Lume Doll that only charged an extra $10 for their darker colors!

17. 1. Sealant malfunctions after you finish a nice faceup.
      2. Styling wigs. Just look like the promo pic damn you!
      3. ...profit?
      4. Standing dolls for a group shot... *backs away slowly while not breathing*

Basically every time I try to make them beautiful, I annoy myself with my own ineptitude.

18. Current pet peeve is the covid postal kerfuffle. I’m waiting twice as long for things that already take too long to begin with.

19. @Bambi Darling I'm giving you a like based strictly on the usage of the word kerfuffle in a sentence, lol.

20. YES!! I am the same. It is so frustrating, and then then tracking doesn’t even work half the time as well.