1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. I'd just love for companies to put some solid plain images of their bodies. So if I have to compare, I can at least have this little ref I can open on my phone/tablet whatever or in another tab and compare easily.

2. Omg I feel all of the MSD sizing issues.... I have two resinsouls, two doll leaves, a dikadoll, an impledoll and a dod girl.... All of them are in simple 'MSD' sizes from AC, and I do love the clothes, but what the heck!? RS is considered slim, so is doll leaves, everything is somewhat baggy, but then impledoll is even smaller! I couldn't believe he was even slimmer than resinsoul, he only has (badly) handmade clothes, I cant imagine how much 'MSD' size would bury him! My dod girl seems to fit her dress nicely, but my Dikadoll boy who is pretty chunky (just a little more than the dod girl) doesn't fit his shorts at all, they dont meet.... Like, how are these dolls all considered to fit MSD when they have totally different measurements?!

3. I agree about the msd sizing. Especially regarding shoes. Most of my msd are considered slim in the foot, but can wear 'regular' msd sized clothes. I have one msd 48cm Obitsu who can wear AC's SD sized shirts and jacket. Anymore, I just hope the clothing/shoe item fits as it's a complete guessing game most of the time. Argh! :evil:

4. it's the same for the other sizes which is why I can't stand ppl using those terms to lable 'size/fit' for doll cloths... Don't just don't... use actual doll name and measurement references only and the terms as a 'general' way to sort not 'classify' ><

5. Company images of dolls bodies or faces that are super dark, barely lit and covered entirely by lacey fluffy outfits. Stop making everything look dramatic and use photo lights! If I can't see a doll I will not buy it.

6. True! It'd be waaay easier to just get things we knew fit a sculpt.... I only have three of the same company in SD, and no YoSDs so I've avoided the same issues with them so far.... but SD boots are a nightmare with them, their ankles are too fat Dx and ACs new Dolfie sizes... what?! Can I get those? Do my dolls fit them?? IM SO CONFUSED

7. I've found lots of BJD size furniture at Goodwill and other places. There was a decorating fad for small chair to hold potted plants and what-nots about a decade ago. I've found lots of 1/3 scale furniture this way. the current trend for "fairy gardens" takes care of your 1/12 and 1/6th dolls. i would never pay more than $20 for furnishings

8. "SD" sizes aren't any better. I only have two (both old CP Delfs), and scored a couple DollHeart bags a couple years ago. The clothes fit well enough, but the shoes! I don't know what those were made for, but they looked like dad's shoes next to his toddler's feet when I compared them. I'd been hoping to get them shoes from the bag, but they're still stuck with one pair for both of them.

Ugh, yes. I've actually taken some of Soom's old photos into Photoshop to lighten them because I literally couldn't see a thing. And I hate when I'm curious about the doll's body or ears, and all the photos are straight on or 3/4 angles with a huge fluffy wig and a dress even a nun would call overly concealing. You're trying to sell me a doll, show me the doll!

9. I don't like the waiting time!

10. I am getting a little frustrated with clothing shops that are always "on sale" but then take months to ship. I totally understand that life happens and that unforeseen events can throw everything out of wack but when a shirt takes longer to ship than a preorder doll from overseas... I get exasperated! At least put your shop on hold so you don't have a constant mountain of back orders coming in...

I say all this but I know I might even be putting in another order before the last one even ships because the cloths are so perfect for my dolls... :sigh<-- Hypocrite.

11. A bit silly, but it really bothers me when I see YO-SDs being considered 1/6 scaled. They're mostly 1/4, sometimes 1/3 scaled. I know it's more of a simplified convention, but deep inside I'm all "Gaaahh, how many 1,80m toddlers do you see out there?!?!?!" :shudder

12. Dolls that are popular but hard to dress, like ladies in the 62-65cm range. Unfortunately this is the bulk of my collection, both present and future. :sigh

13. Mine would be the fact that buying body and head separately from the same company raises your price higher than already assebled doll. It irks me because I like a head which is boy but love to have it as a girl and I have to pay more money just to switch genders within the same company :/

My next choice would actually be a doll of this size. :D I am sewing stuff for standard 58-60 ladies but I intend to sew for bigger ones as well. :)

#73 Lady Mariko, Jul 27, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
    14. How about when the wig you're interested in is white ... shown on a white skinned doll ... wearing a white outfit .. against a white background ... with a gigantic hair ornament?
      Or my D.C. outfits that took 6 months to get here? No refunds, of course.

15. How about having doll money but being a miser about actually buying the doll?

But what if a diiiiffeerrreent dolly you wants comes up? What iiiiif?

16. A couple more:

Skintone names! "Tan" that's actually just a light brown, not tanned. "Natural" that no healthy human ever is. "Sunburned" that's actually just brown-black... and not a shade that's actually produced by sunburn. Having some (lighter) skin tones that are relatively normally named, then having all the darker ones be weird, often food names. ... Harucasting's "moist" colour names... (Harucasting seem like genuinely great people but dear gods, those names...) (Also I recognize that I am probably not suited to griping about this, but it is weird.)

All boots are fashion boots. My army boys need strong, powerful boots, darn it. :"c

Searching wigs by colour isn't a common feature.

There are so few masculine male dolls that aren't still traditionally attractive.

I keep finding dolls I like. :( (Remember the good old days when I could barely find three sculpts I liked? Turns out, I wasn't looking hard enough.)

17. My own gripe with tan is that it seems for some companies they treat it as something elusive and hard to get... And then I look over at another company... And it's the same tan least in the pictures I see.

18. Oh, the WIG thing - soooo true & annoying!!!! I like how Monique at least just lists the wigs by style & then you can see what colors they come in. But those sites where the same style has a different little thumbnail for every color! OMG hate it.

As for the combat boots - I got IH combat boots - that look like what they are supposed to be. Fit my EID boys & my 72 Idealian :D

19. I hadn't looked at IH, but I think I may have found a pair...! It'll be for a ~72 cm Impldoll, so it seems like they'll fit? Ah, well. I'll bookmark these and see what turns up by the time I can actually afford him. Thanks for the tip!!

20. If you find combat boots somewhere else please post! It's hard to get stuff that looks like real military gear vs the fantasy kind!