1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. The lack of a doll community near me. While Denmark isn't the largest place, when you don't have a car, it can be harrowing to take a day trip to meet up swith other doll peeps. it takes a ton of planning and becomes so rare. No fast meets at the local coffeeshop for me. Long trips only.

2. I wouldn't say annoy me, but these are definitely a niggle for me:

Having expensive taste in bjds : I have deliberately decided to not buy a couple of recent releases due to being out of a price range I would feel comfortable buying from or justifying, these are 1500+ usd for a blank doll. Years ago I bought a blank for over a grand and while I like him (so unique), I prefer those I paid a lot less for as they are more adaptable and feel comfortable modifying.

Not appreciating local doll meets when they were happening : these were over a decade ago (kinda blame them for getting me into fantasy Soom sculpts ;) ). Now there are no local meets (same city and were large) and pre covid travelled fairly far distance which is costly and are smaller meets in places which cost money to attend). And now there don't seem to be any happening at all.

3. @mini_hime I really feel for people who are on the newer end of the hobby. I was around when the hobby was new, there were fewer of us so everyone was only a few degrees away from one another and you were kind of held accountable for bad behavior. As an old timer, I hope your experience improves. If you love your doll that is the most important thing! it doesn't matter what anyone else has, or does, or says. It's cool that we all like different things and don't all need to have the same thing, otherwise how would we support so many artists? Diversity in what we like is a Good Thing!

4. Yes this!
      spending so long on finding just the most perfect set of eyes or loveliest outfit.. and its not international. I understand it's their right and that it could be a hassle, but mad it hurts T_T I already live in a country that doesn't have that big of a doll-people pool. So getting just the right thing is HARD. Etsy is my friend but even they often have makers that doesn't send internationally.

5. Waiting for a doll you’re really excited about, and the shipping stops updating, for days. I’m trying to be chill, but it’s just the unknown that’s so darn frustrating.

6. It seems like there will be a lull in dolls that I like then all of a sudden it will seem like a bunch of dolls that I like are released at the same time! LOL!

#846 Masteryoda, Sep 22, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    7. More than anything, I’m always annoyed at myself :eek:
      My taste change consistently and even my grails change every month or so :sigh I’ll often hate a sculpt only to fall in love with it weeks later.

8. Why the heck was this doll sculpted so that she'd need a bra if she wanted to wear anything other than a chonky sweater without looking like she's freezing to death.

WHY.

9. @rebeccag12363 probably the sculptor was thinking more about how they look nude, than the practicalities of dressing them. One of my MSDs needs looser fitting tops than the slim mini t-shirts that need a cardigan over them.

And of course multiple doll companies have limited time events all at the same time! I know its a marketing strategy, but it works. I try not to be impulsive about buying dolls, but limited time tinies are testing how long I can make myself wait. :doh

10. Trying to get in on a super-short preorder, happening on a different continent. This has happened to me twice in the last few months. I even did a practice run for one preorder. Had all my information ready. Practiced filling out the online form. When the time came for the preorder to open, I got up three hours early to be on time. I had my order done and sent in under 10 seconds. Turns out my order was number 114. The artist was only selling 30 dolls. And within that 10 seconds, a couple of people managed to get two. Like how was that even possible? She ended up extending to 40 orders because people were so upset, but really? I’m assuming it was internet lag times between here and there.

11. Is it possible buyers set up sniping software like they do for auctions?

12. I’m not sure. The auction was happening in the Ukraine. The artist showed the screen with all the orders in it, and it seemed a majority were more local to her. I just assumed it had to do with internet connections and such. I never thought of sniping software. It’s quite possible.

13. Seeing THE perfect prop in the wrong scale. Happens every time... especially when I'm looking for weapons-- I found my dream blade in 1/3, won't work for my 1/4 guys. Then the next one to catch my eye is sized for those 1/6 scale action figures, but nothing in the middle...

14. This might be where 3D printing is your friend. 3D printers can size up or down an object quite easily.
      I'm currently looking for someone who can upsize tabletop gaming pieces to 1/12 scale for my smallest BJDs.
      Good Hunting!

15. One of my sisters has a plastic 3d printer and my other sister has a resin one, so there are definitely things that I can commission them for! This one just happened to be metal.

... though now I'm getting my first 1/3 doll and if that size works out for me I can buy him a cool sword.

16. I really wish they would use the term "scale" correctly. Right now it means hight, which is totally not the same thing.

17. So far the only thing that annoys me is how slow 'air mail' is. Never again will I go the cheaper route, because good god the tracking is a mess, and even though another package shipped out two weeks AFTER this one it STILL arrived faster! Now I just hope the clothes arrive before Halloween so I can get his costume ready in time!

18. I agree it sounds like a bot or something like that. Because I just don’t think that many people would have gotten their orders in 10 seconds. I don’t know exactly how their computer software works but it seems like anytime that a preorder or order period (or auction), or anytime an exact time is announced, they can set up their computers to bid or buy for them. If the preorder is at a random time it seems like there’s better luck. That is frustrating for sure!!!

19. I
      would really love to know how the bot staytm works. I’ve lost out on so many things, simply because of computer speed

20. When you think you can buy another doll or more doll accessories to build up a character that you planned on fleshing out, then a ninja limited doll pops out of nowhere and shines the: "HAI, I'M A LIMITED BUY! PLS LOVE ME!" and then all your plans are put on hold :evil:

I told myself no more Dollfie Dreams for now, then I swear VOLKS and Square Enix heard that I love buying FFXIV merch and dolls, then teamed up to dangle Y'shtolla in front of me. So naturally my love for FFXIV AND dolls is getting in the way of my previous dollie plans. I don't even know if I'm happy or mad, I just know I need Y'shtolla ._.