1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. Wow! Lots of 'pet peeves' posted! I suppose when we pay so much, and wait so long, it can be annoying when something goes wrong! I get annoyed when a doll is shown from only one or two angles in the sales photos, or the doll is shown only with the clothes on! I sell on Etsy and it is just the basic, bare minimum to take a photo from all sides ( including the back)! I always feel that the seller must be hiding something if they aren't showing me the doll from all angles. I also get very annoyed if I've bought a full set and the clothing is ill-fitting. Once a jacket in a full set doll I purchased was the entirely wrong size and I couldn't even get it onto the doll! I had to use it on another, smaller doll. But then I don't really have the 'Full Set' I payed so dearly for and waited so long for!

2. Thought of another one. Secondhand dolls sales where the listing says no clothes/wig/accessories/eyes included but the seller ONLY posts photos of the doll fully clothed. :sigh

3. Sales where the head is being held in a bare hand. :abambi:

4. Company photos for their doll's bodies taken in a dark/blurred settings, with next-to-nothing light just to set an unnecessary mood. Or dolls with long clothes like it's a photoshoot, with only a square centimeter of naked resin, and strategically posed limbs to hide a stark joint.
      I get that a product's presentation should be as good as possible, but it should be *functional* to the customer's desires. I'm here for a body, let me see it!

5. Buying a needed item for your new doll and it taking weeks to arrive. I bought a wig, in my own country, and it’s taking forever in the mail. I did another tracking this morning, and the wig just arrived in….Hawaii. I’m in Washington state. My poor bald girl, sigh. It seems that if I need it asap, it takes forever, and if I don’t care when it arrives, it arrives super fast.

6. .....censoring naughty bits in sales photos. I mean, I understand the reasoning behind why they tend to get censored (it differs from location to location, which is often tied to cultural views on nudity and displaying naked bodies in any form of public venue), but I'd like to see all the details if I'm going to consider ordering the body.

Yes—this can play a factor in whether I'll get a body or not. If I'm looking for a male body that has magnetic/strung/detachable bits—I want to know this. Sometimes it might seem like those optional/detachable bits are available for a particular body, only to discover that the censoring/editing gave off the illusion of it—and that it's sculpted on instead. Also, I'm more keen to go for something with better detailed sculpting in that region over the tictac/Ken-ified effect.

There's a reason I was never fond of Barbie/Ken/fashion dolls in general, but have a fondness for bjds (besides the stringing).

7. Getting surprises when you aren't expecting it can be either good or bad. Going with the body talk, my RingDoll has a strung peen and it wasn't noticable in the company photos. The photos were shadowed to hide bits... I had a good laugh when I got him, but pants are annoying to get.

8. I moved not so long ago. Though I've labeled my boxes, there's still That One Doll Thing I can't locate.

9. For me it’s definitely seeing a really cool sculpt then finding out that it’s sold out and the artist has retired. It’s rage inducing!!

10. Dolls that are only available via lottery (looking at you, Volks!)

11. I feel this so much. :doh

It would be really neat if somehow companies could have a video or animated image of the doll's head/body being rotated. I hate how misleading their photos can be!! That's why I always scour the internet for videos of people handling/reviewing dolls I'm thinking of buying.

12. Some anime characters have their human ears on... As they have their animal ears ''on'' aswell. See
      1. https://preview.redd.it/22oj2bqmi03...bp&s=d536398fedc3f35115c705d9ab0cba814e2f4564

2. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ed/4f/6c/ed4f6c9073615b382140998ef5d1092b.jpg

So for me is... Okaishhh to see around or at least ii try to bare with it. LAWL

13. Tbh the 4 ears things also drives me crazy. Not only on dolls, but on artwork as well. I have SO many questions. Can they hear 2x as good? Do the ears fight for sound dominance? Are a pair of them fake?! But on a more serious note, I'm very tempted to sand off the ears of some of my dolls that the characters have animals ears I've either made or purchased for them but currently have their human ears hidden.

14. I think my biggest pet peeve in this hobby is when there's a lack of communication in a transaction involving a doll company, dealer, or someone you are trading/commissioning/buying from. I consider myself to be a very patient person, but it bothers me when you're waiting weeks to get a response to an inquiry you made after already waiting months to send the initial inquiry because you were trying to be patient. I'll be happy even if the response is "I need more time," because at least I have the comfort of knowing what's going on.

The above and of course, when you pose a doll perfectly and they decide to move right before you snap the picture. :sweat

15. Dolls with poor mobility are kind of my pet peeve. Especially if they can't sit up, look up/down, or have janky wrist joints.

16. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
      Aaaaand now I have these questions.

17. IKR!! But i just try not to think about it. Haha

18. One thing that severely annoys me right now: whenever people talk about doll artists or certain dolls here on DoA, everyone and their grandma seems to link to Instagram for pics, and more and more doll artists seem to only have an Instagram and/or FB account where they post news and pics. Half of the time I can't even see the page without an account, most of the other half I can see the front page, but after 10 seconds of scrolling I get slapped with a popup saying "sign in or register if you want to see more". Same goes for lots of facebooks and tumblr accounts btw. I love finding out about new artists and dolls. I don't have Instagram (or any other social media). I don't want Instagram. I feel forced to make an Instagram account anyway just to be able to see the photos everybody links to. Bonus aggravation points if I google the artist in question and find out they have a perfectly accessible website/etsy, aka there was no real need to link (only) to their Insta in the first place.

19. I didn’t want an Instagram or Facebook account either but I just made a separate doll email and simple social media accounts without using my real name to follow doll artists and companies I like. You can stay logged in and never have to sign in when you follow the links and a lot of artists and companies post on social media first so you never miss out on events or sales.