1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. I picked up a pair of boots from Alice Collections. They're technically not combat boots cause they have a studded strap but it comes off and without it they basically look like combat boots. If you're looking

2. A couple new ones to add:
      • Finding clothe/shoes/accessories for a specific character in the right size. When I come across something that works, oftentimes it's only either available in MSD size or SD in the 60-62cm scale when I'm looking for 68cm+.
      • People who don't respond to DMs, PMs, emails, etc. Especially when you ask them a question, and they never get back to you. It feels like the other person's either being too lazy to respond, or an elitist/somebody who thinks they're above responding to you. A simple answer will suffice. A delay is fine, but no response ever really irks me.:sigh

3. if this happens on Facebook.... they may not know they got it cuz FB is so "helpful" at 'screening' your messages... THIS is one of my peeves FB trying to decide what YOU want to do ><

4. When I finally find a doll that I think that I might want to shell out $600+ for, but can't find any pictures of it!! Yes, there's databases but sometimes there are still just not enough pictures. T.T
      Gah. Commitment is hard when you need to see the doll in its default form AND in its "OMG, it's so amazing" form. Guess I'll just have to stalk users that have him. :)

5. I've had this one happen. Like I get it, we all got lives, but if your browsing the site for three hours or more, you'll check your inbox at least ONCE.

6. Technically not doll related, but I shop on Ebay pretty much exclusively for doll things, so; finding a store that is having a huge sale on a lot of things that I "must" have, leading me to spend hours looking through all they have, putting a bunch of things in my cart and when I finally click the "ask for combined shipping total" (or something like that)... the seller doesn't offer it (meaning, the things cost exactly as much as normally). I've had it happen 2 times now and the last time I knew to be suspicious that the nice wigs were only ~10 euros each, yet I still managed to get too attached to them already. :doh This time it was also very clear afterwards that the seller was doing it on purpose, so now I'm trying to resist the urge to buy the wigs from them anyway because I don't want to encourage the behaviour... buuut I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else so we'll see if I do the stupid thing or not.

Also, sculpts with unmatched eyewell sizes (difference of 2mm or even more). Especially when I notice it only after having done the faceup, meaning I'll be too terrified about doing anything about it in the fear that I'll ruin the faceup, since I'm not skilled enough to recreate one. :sigh

7. When you wanna get a certain sculpt but can't find any owner pics of it as a BOY.

8. Nice face but ugly body or vice versa and the whole trouble of resin matching. :/

9. This happened to me on tumblr too. I had three messages sitting in my box I had had no idea I'd even gotten, until months later. I felt so bad D:

10. White body. Presented on a white or very light background. Agh!

11. When dealers give no communication when important things happen. I can't remember if I whined about this here already, but things like receiving the order and finding out there's an error, but not actually telling you about it.
      Case in point, an order of mine arrived to the dealer without a faceup and instead of letting me know or giving me any options, they sent it back to the company. I only found out a month or two later because I nudged them about it.
      I would've preferred being told about it and given an option of a refund for the missing faceup, the faceup took so long (at that point, I'd been waiting on a simple head for a year) that I ended up cancelling.
      Case in point, lack of communication over errors really irritates me

12. I'm reading this thread at work and I am LIVING.

My complaints....
      When there are no owner photos

When a company offers tan or coffee or whatever they wanna call dark resin skin, but then has no photos of the darker tones. None. I'm looking at shelling a character into a big baby body down the road and can't find any company that sells big bb I want and shows their darker skins.

On eBay and stuff, sellers who charge separate shipping for each item, refusing to combine, and then ship everything in one package anyway.

When the perfect wig/dress/etc only exists in a different size...

When I'm looking for bjd inspiration and all I can find is pictures of non bjd dolls. Your doll is cute, but that doesn't make it a bjd.

13. Okay, a small and petty complaint; when companies only make one gender of doll. Like...I understand not wanting to make new molds for another body, I guess, or just wanting to focus on one thing, and it's up to the artist what they do, but it'd be cool if some of the smaller companies especially would at least have a flat chested bust option or something if they only make females. I like hybriding, but sometimes, especially with small companies with specific aesthetics, it's very hard to find a body that matches. Also modding is hard. Buying a flat chested piece is easier than shaving a regular piece down.

Along those same lines, I wish more companies would give the option to purchase their dolls on either a boy or a girl body right there on the order page. It's super easy, one little drop-down option. I've seen companies whose male heads I know fit on the female bodies (or vice versa) and yet they refuse to sell them together. Why? You aren't making any less money selling them together. And chances are that person is now gonna only get a head to hybrid or nothing at all, so you've kinda lost a sale. Or you can buy the heads and bodies separately and it costs more or something crazy like that.

Can't we just...make things easy for the consumer? Please? (Like I said, small and petty complaint.)

14. Unrealiable wig sizes. I know it's harder to get an exact fit in smaller sizes, but if I order a wig in size 4, it should fit my doll with a size 4 head. Please.

15. Iplehouse not selling their doll heads separately.
      I don't want to pay $700-900 for a whole doll and a body I don't want. Spending $300 for just the head would save me the frustration.

16. I'm not willing to spend that much on just a head no matter how nice it is, but I would buy a lot more from them if they offered separate heads. I can't imagine why they don't, unless they know they wouldn't move nearly as many bodies.

17. I totally agree with this! I love several Iple sculpts, but after hearing that the bodies don't pose too well, I probably wouldn't shell out the money for one. Posing is by far the most necessary trait for me when it comes to bodies, so...sorry, Iple! I probably wouldn't pay $300 for a head either, but any option would be nice if you really want one.

18. I actually said $300 for the colour that I needed the specific head in, lol! When they do sell heads alone for discontinued dolls they're like $195 range. It's still a lot though. :lol:

19. they have said point blank it's because they can't promise color matches (constantly) and they do not want to develope a reputaion for lower standards (and bodies not matching heads is a standard they won't do as a normal thing). Even head event head CoA's have 'head event' on it so they know you got it not with matching body resin. This way they won't get 'it didn't match' complaints... it's a standard of quality to them. cuz trust me when they have a rare head event to sell off 'cancelation' orders or accidental over production... they go like wild fire. Same with the discontinued sales.

EDIT: EID heads usually go for about 200-250 depending on male/female and resin color