1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread* - pt.2

Jul 13, 2017

1. Finding clothes for SD13 girls that aren't Lolita, super basic, little kid victorian, or involve a corset designed for an SDGr.

Somehow it's really hard to find wigs with a part and no bangs.

Teeth. So much money saved over the years because of visible teeth.

Insane shipping costs on outfits... From the US.

2. All of these! Finding clothes and wigs is such a pain, and visible teeth are just... not my thing. :X
      I'm willing to spend about 10-15 bucks on shipping for any singular outfit from outside the US- over that and I decide I don't need it. Within the US, I shouldn't have to think about more than $6.

3. I'm with you on this! I was honestly really relieved that, shortly before I started getting my pile of LTFs, the option appeared to get any head on either gender body--and with them you can't even tell when they're clothed (but I'd still know and it would bother me).

Now, if they would just sell the bodies separately for all the event heads and faceplates they keep sending out... and sell male F60s again.

4. My biggest peeve is honestly when people outside the hobby call my dolls creepy and freaky. I totally get not liking them but it sucks when people compare my dolls to the dolls that you see in horror movies. I also get asked a lot how I can sleep in my room with the dolls. Something about dolls coming to life and staring at me while I sleep. :|:vein:doh

5. I complaint is 100% smol and completely directed at me.

I know I don't have any money right now. I know my credit card is taking overdraft hits. I KNOW that I need to focus on real life needs more than shoes or pants for my dolls! Yet, here I am, joining sale/trade groups looking for my grail. What would I do if I actually FOUND ONE? Cry? Dang I need to love myself and stop scrolling through stuff I cannot AFFORD. Get your life together Doe!:chomp:

6. You know what? I absolutely 100% agree with this. I'm usually like "eh, I don't care what people think, it's kind of funny when someone says something rude, blah blah," but it's actually not funny at all. Insulting someone's perfectly fine hobby that's not hurting anyone or anything and is lovely and creative just because you don't understand it is downright rude and annoying. For whatever reason, people seem to think that it's okay to insult when it's something they don't like...? Or something? Someone is probably gonna start talking psychology at me or something, but like... I wouldn't walk up to someone and tell them their baby is ugly or that their dress looks like puke, so why should I laugh when they insult my hobby?

I also hate the whole "they're gonna kill me in my sleep!" thing. Like honestly I just wanna shake the person and say "it's an inanimate object, you massive idiot." Unless someone has a legitimate phobia of dolls, which I respect, there's no reason to be dramatic and rude. (And for whatever reason, I feel like someone with a legitimate phobia would probably be more polite about it anyway. I know I try to be with mine.)

So there's my rant for the day. :roll:

#106 KiyoshiSenshi, Aug 10, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    7. My minor pet peeve of the day: finding the right body to go with my Dollshe Aramis head. It's harder to find photos involving hybrids of him versus all the Saints and Bernards out there, especially when I'm not sure what the size between those three is. Plus, I've gone through three bodies looking for the right one. Will I ever find the right one?
      I agree with this completely :3nodding:

8. The tumblr community in general. It's so full of nonsense and hatred. You can't win with them! Your doll is gay? You're fetishizing gay people (despite the fact that you yourself may be gay). Your doll is pastel-gore? You're immediately copying so and so or it looks trashy. Your doll is second hand? Your doll must be horrible. Your doll is trans? You're a 'white knight'. You try stand up for people? You're a bully. It's obviously not everyone but there's a select few who are just so unpleasant.

9. Honestly waiting for the doll!!! I'm so impatient. Also, shipping fees. My newest doll is $100 to ship to Canada >.<

10. @ShannonPatricia I agree about shipping prices! They just keep going up, and not by little amounts, but by huge ones! Each year the US postal raises their rates in January. So does UPS and FedEx. I just spent $30 for ems from Russia, for a msd head. :sweat

11. $30 for a 1/4 head?! Ouch:chomp::vein

12. Another really petty thing that really annoys me is when photo stories are really badly done. Like, the font is bright pink in Comic Sans or whatever and they use "text speak" and bad grammar. To each their own, but Im much more likely to like a well-made photo story.

13. On the topic of shipping costs---one thing that really irks me is when you pay the cost of the item ordered in shipping. It also annoys me when EMS is the only option for shipping something small...like a wig, or tiny doll props. Paying upwards of $20 in shipping for a 1/3 scale wine glasses that cost $3-5 a piece ? It's just so irritating to pay more in shipping costs than the item is worth:sigh

Another one that comes to mind: glamorizing or romanticizing serious situations or conditions, like mental health issues, abusive relationships, rape, etc. I don't mind people using their dolls as a means to cope with issues they personally go through by having their doll's character deal with it, as long as it's done tactfully and with some realism. Giving such the Twilight/50 Shades of Grey treatment, however...it bothers me. Those situations are not meant to be taken lightly or as a joke, and it demeans the people really dealing with them when they are treated as such. It's very disrespectful. :|

14. Postal rates are just outrageous anymore... They've always been bad for some countries (Sending anything from the US to Australia or Russia has been highway robbery for years-), but even a relatively short hop like mailing from the US to Canada is becoming absolutely unreasonable now. :vein

#114 Brightfires, Aug 11, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    15. Tell me about it! I just sent some boxes north of the border (which I'm not even that far away from!), and it cost over $100. Even the postal employee thought it was exorbitant, but there wasn't anything he could do about it, the price is the price and they had to get there.

And for my latest gripe, the word is sculpt. SCULPT. IT ENDS IN A "T" STOP LEAVING IT OFF.

16. I hate arriving a day or a week late to ordering something I really really want

I can agree with that, but sending something from australia back to the US can cost twice as much as the same trip

#116 DarkMerchant, Aug 12, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2017
    17. To add on to one of my previous rants:

Me: Wow, this head would work perfectly for one of my male characters!
      Company: We only make female bodies!! And we won't ever sell the heads seperately!!!!
      Me: :abambi:
      Company: And the female body is super exaggerated so modding it to a male would be very difficult!!!!!
      Company: Oh, and buying the full doll is super expensive for a doll its size!!!!!!!
      Me::roar

(I am...so salty. But $400+ for a 25cm doll that isn't what I want and can't be made into what I want...? Why not sell heads separately!? Ug...)

18. That Photobucket Dead Image.
      I
      am gonna flip
      tables
      seriously.

about 2/3 of the images in the workshop section especially and basically anything posted two years ago or more
      Is DEAD.
      aaaaaauuuuugggggggghhhhhhh

19. Finding a really cute outfit or wig on Etsy only to find out it's only available for MiniFee. I don't think I'm triggered by anything else more than that.

20. This isn't really a complaint or rant so much as it is me being confused about something? I'm new to the hobby so I discover new things every day. But recently I've been seeing lots of people who have dolls that don't have faceups? Like it's just a blank doll but still has a wig, outfit, etc. and I think they look sorta odd, and I'm just really curious as the reason to why people spend that much money on a doll to not really have it be at its full potential? I'm sure they all have their reasons and it's not a bad thing of course I just see it and am confused every time haha.