1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread*

Dec 11, 2014

1. Not being able to find proper riding boots for his lordship that don't cost $30 and up. (He's the one doll that can't have sneakers or whatever but putting decent boots on him is apparently going to break my wallet!) Not being able to find a WS girl body for my last head that doesn't cost the moon. Being sick for months on end and not being able to do much with my dolls because I feel so bad. I'm still sitting here with a bunch of blank faces months later and I have so many great ideas for what I want to do with them that I can't get to doing because I'm too sick to do much of anything right now. I know the dolls will be there when I feel better, but I do feel bad that they are still waiting. People fighting over dolls and bullying each other over them. I mean WTH? Dolls bring me such great joy. It saddens me a lot when I see people squabbling over them. It really does. I can't deal with all that drama, I just can't. I've resolved to stay out of threads like that. They just upset me too much...

2. Those people are everywhere.

And what about those teenagers (I mean the 12-15 ones) that are like "OMG SHOW MEEEEEEE" *trying to grab* "YOU'RE SO WIEEERDDD OMG LOL DOES IT HAVE A PENIS"

3. When I can't find good pictures of the hands and feet. I have a thing about beautiful hands and another one against too clunky looking feet. The companies never seem to show them, unless, of course, they sell them separately.

4. I agree with the perfect sculpts are found for shelling a chatacter. Then finding out that it's the wrong size is upsetting or annoying.

Second pet peeve would be YELLOWING...

5. Something that annoys me? It would have to be when people post photos of their dolls and don't tag them with the brand and sculpt. I'm not psychic. If I see something that interests me it would be good not to have to go on a hunt to figure out what it is.

6. i remember one that not many people commented about:

- when someone is selling something and you ask them to put it on hold( so you can go to the bank on the next day or something) and they agree, on the next day they just sold it

7. Something which annoys me, similar to Danzig's pet peeve, is when people don't put tags on their Flickr's pictures. I think this is such a good thing to have tags on Flickr then it is easy to find pictures of a particular sculpt so this is quite important to me.

8. I've got a few...

When buying for the hobby:

When companies (or other hobbyists) don't give you clear pictures of the doll/item they're selling.
      Clear, simple pictures should be the main focus before artistic ones. I'm not going to buy anything I can't get a good look at. Nope.

When companies don't list critical measurements.
      Please, tell use the size of eye that your doll is wearing in the promo pictures. Or how wide their shoulders are, etc. We need these things to prepare for them before they get home.

Shop pictures of items where the colour is just plain wrong.
      Usually bleached out, over-saturated, or otherwise fiddled with to make the colour look more appealing. It's far too easy for them to say 'differences in monitor settings, lol'.

And this one just makes me sad- Clothes, wigs, shoes, accessories and especially doll bodies and heads that are just the wrong size. I've often joked to my doll friend that this hobby needs a growth / shrink ray.

Other doll hobbyists:

Bullies.
      I detest bullies anywhere, and there are apparently some really horrible ones in this hobby. People have either quit the hobby altogether, or they've scooted themselves to the very fringes because of terrible bullying. Not cool.

Wonky eyes.
      I'm not talking about slightly off, I'm talking about really off. Look at pictures of real people. Observe how their eyelid touches the top of the pupil. Duplicate. Thank you.

When people don't list eye size on their database entries.
      Please, 'green eyes' doesn't help me at all. Listing the brand / type of eye is a great help to others too. Also, people who post pictures in the Photo Reference thread with no explanation or details. The whole point of the reference thread is to give people information, not post pretty pictures of your dolls.

Super messy wigs.
      Wigs that look like the doll has been flung around violently then sat down for a photo. A great wig brush is actually a simple toothbrush. (Sounds crazy, but, hey, Volks did it) These work wonders on doll wigs for straightening them out. They glide over top and gently pull the wig fibers back into place. Cheap and easy to get.

Hobbyists who ignore the sage wisdom of their 'elders' to their own detriment.
      The type who, despite the many many warnings about some such thing, think that the laws of the universe somehow don't apply to them. Then whine when things inevitably go wrong. Doing some stupid thing that's been done before and proved utterly disastrous on multiple occasions. It pains me. Greatly.

9. This drives me BATTY.

10. I agree with this completely. But I also like to add over tagging as well. Your doll is not yosd, fairyland, unoa, Volks, mnf, msd, resinsoul, and peaks wood. Over tagging does the exact same thing as not tagging. I still have no idea what doll I am looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. A sense of over-entitlement to convenience can be annoying. If a doll photo on the forum isn't labeled as to doll brand/sculpt, it's not much of a "hunt" to PM the person who posted the photo and ask. Most people will be flattered someone took the time and will respond. And Flickr has commenting as well as tags for each photo.

My own irk is more about people who try to provide information or help but link to hosted photo-albums that are private and not viewable by anyone else!

By senbonzakura1000:
      This. Or at least put photos of the various resin colors they offer in an easy-to-find location. I've found sites where the only samples of resin color was on the sale page of the very first doll part they ever offered, and nowhere else!

12. Aargh this one.. I find that such a rude thing to do! Same goes for buyers who ask you to hold a doll for X days and then just decide not to buy anymore without letting you knoe :/.

What also really gets on my nerves is people who take daaaaays to reply. I am totally fine with people who have a good reason, like maybe they were very ill or their electricity/internet was down or they were away for a couple of days. But when people read your message and then just not respond for 5 days, it's borderline rude. Especially when THEY want to buy something from YOU.

13. Frizzy wigs. Or pictures of dolls with rediculously frizzy wigs. Some frizz is understandable, but when people are trying to sell the wig in particular and its literally a tangled mess. :I

14. 1. Wonky wig on a doll in a photo shoot
      2. People who prioritise doll purchases over nice wigs, eyes, clothes etc
      3. Good photographers on flickr who don't openly share their camera type
      4. Good photographers on flickr who never answer questions like 'where did you buy the wig? Or what eyes are they?
      5. People like me who bitch about issues like those above!!! LOL

15. Currency value taking a dive just when I was planning a biggish purchase. :|

16. When people rudely say that my doll is possessed or creepy =_=

I haven't even received my doll but I was so excited that I told my best friend that I bought a ball jointed doll and even showed him a picture of it. I thought he would like it since he is also into cute things and stuff but he outright states that it's creepy. He keeps calling it creepy until I got pissed and ended the skype call. I never spoke to him about the doll ever since. When I posted a fanart of the doll on facebook, he commented "I hope your doll is possessed like Anabel" [I think it was that horror movie about a porcelain doll?]. UGH he is so insensitive I hated him for that! I really got pissed that I replied with a 'shut up'.

People teasing me on how rich I am to be able to afford my doll.

My first doll was a gift from my parents....well around 60% of it was my money, they decided to add the extra 150 bucks as a christmas gift so I can order it already. And the other one is a layaway that I slowly pay with my money. I save for it! it's not like I can fork out the cash immediately :/ Two of my friends gave me a judging look, they even rolled their eyes. They kept calling me "Rich kid rich kid!" It was annoying for me.... :/ I can never share this hobby with anyone else. Not even my close friends. I did have a friend who understood me.... but the rest of them did not.

17. How terrible kimbapchan! Sorry. I mean, it's fine if they don't like your doll, but to insult it when you clearly like it, then proceed to make fun of you is really wrong. Hope you can find some understanding doll friends when your doll arrives.

18. This isn't a huge pet peeve or anything but I hate how anxious I get when sending or receiving dolls/doll parts in the mail. I become such a nervous wreck for however long it takes to reach its destination...and don't even get me started on obsessively checking the online tracking!

19. [MENTION=61654]MasahtiJade[/MENTION] it's alright, I learned to understand that the hobby isn't for everyone. It's just sad that none of the people I hang out with on a daily basis understand it....I was hoping one of them could be 'converted' into the hobby since I live far away from my local doll group >u<; It left me with a phobia to never share my hobby with them again though :/

20. Seeing the doll you want to own so much put up for sale just after receiving it at the double, triple or even quadruple of the original price! This really drives me crazy!