1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread*

Dec 11, 2014

1. my 10th iple arrives in the next few days LOL I so know this... I have nearly all sizes... no nYID boy or JID boy and the smaller ones I have one BID & KID so yep also bane of my existance... that and wanting 2/3 of the iple clothing anyhow >< ... must find money tree ><

2. Current RANT issue.... when ppl in the postal related jobs don't do their damned jobs! Come on guys ... pick up the nifty gun... and point it at the stupid bar code! Not rocket science!.... Cuz guys... I know for a fact it does not take 5 days to fly from Inchon to Vancouver! Scan something so I know when my girl is arriving ><

3. Ah, I feel you! One time I had a package go from "this package exists" to "delievered" with no scans in between from China to my house.

............it was extra stressful because the seller sent the doll in two boxes so for a whole day I was terrified my boy's legs were lost in the post... =_=

I don't feel especially peevish about anything at the moment... well perhaps how difficult it is to know what 70cm clothes accounts for. >_> I feel like I don't buy anything besides Freedom Teller due to this.

4. Even worse is when the package has gone 'missing'. How do you loose a 60cm tall box??

5. Yeah I hear you on the post, I just finally got a head back from a faceup in Russia that went missing for like 3 months!! it had been sent sea mail on a friggin ship!
      The faceup artist was good from her end, she tried to chase it up, but for a mail service that says it doesn't have a surface mail (mail by sea) service, how the bloody hell did my head end up on a boat from Russia????

6. Ah! it "wasn't by land!" ... water is not land LOL okay kidding ... but ya I know what you mean... I had to return an item they goofed on a custom order O_o... and told me to return the 'mistake' by cheapest method... I was told by the post it would take about 2 MONTHS from western Canada to Korea ... This is when we young'uns get a clue as to the true meaning of the old expression 'taking the slow boat to China' O_O They weren't kidding.
      omg don't even put that thought in my head (is expecting an Iple SID with goodies ><)

7. My biggest annoyance is when there's no photos of a specific sculpt with no makeup, just the pure blank head. Not even the company! (I'm looking at you, fairyland, those tiny a la carte photos get me nowhere.) I just want to see how a head will look based on the sculpting alone, not all dolled up or I'd like to get a blank canvas to see how certain faceups will look before I send them off. ughhh, photo struggles.

8. I have a few annoyances in this hobby, but one of my biggest is people who expect to make back everypenny they ever spent on everything they sell second hand. Unless the item is rare, limited or absolutely pristine you should expect to loose a little money when you sell something after having used it. The money you loose selling a used item is the price you pay for getting to enjoy it for however long. When I sell something that means I no longer enjoy having it around and would like someone to take it off my hands an free up space for other things I enjoy more. I'm incredibly grateful to all the people I've bought dolls from that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford if they had tried to pinch every penny.

9. Sorry, sorry. I was lying. This only happens to shop owners, not innocent hobbyists who are waiting for beefy pieces of resin.

10. Fitting tiny, fiddly eyelashes in tiny, fiddly eye wells and their associated tiny, fiddly heads. I just fitted a couple of pairs for my 44cm Dollshe and spent no less than thirty minutes trying to position and affix them.

With the hobby at large, the only things that are currently annoying me are not being able to find the right clothing/eyes/wigs in the scale/size I want.

11. I tend to agree with @Elysion gear on page 1. The sense of entitlement I see is just cringe-worthy. I'm sure I've had that attitude a few times myself, but I can see how gross it is, and it's something I like to be aware of in myself in all areas of life, but especially concerning a hobby that is a choice, and for fun. Its different if you don't prefer or like something, but it is not owed to you.

Other than that, my main annoyance is when you message someone about something they have for sale, and they never get back to you. Ugghh. Any response would be preferable to none. Its hard to know how to move ahead money wise when there is a possibility of acquiring something you'd like to purchase. I understand that people don't want to or can't check their messages every day or week, but it's just annoying.

Also, the wait times of the companies make me insane. I've even been seeing a a few 40 week wait times. I know its just me being an impatient baby, but still.

12. Pizzed royally now... Getting charged "customs" fees on doll shoes.... Hey Canada! This is illegal you know!

So now I'll have to video my box opening... in not in any shape for a video right now (health... do not want to show my appearance ><) just to have 'proof' ... What a way to ruin a dolls homecoming on top of all my other mess going on...

13. 40 weeks! That's long enough to make an actual <i>person</i>!

14. Boxes! All the time they're in the way and when you need them, they're nowhere to be found^^.

15. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I get the feeling that this entitled behavior is something that is growing rampant in our society, together with the 'right' to feel offended/hurt/etc about every. minor. little. thing. that isn't the way you'd want it to be.
      But yeah, entitlement in the hobby is a big thing. It is especially cringeworthy, I think, when people complain about free (event) gifts. Imagine doing this when you receive your birthday present from your aunt: "Awww, it isn't in the color that I wanted!". Very painful.

To stay on topic, a personal pet-peeve of mine: How I'm still unable to sew anything decent after ten years in this hobby. Especially since I've got a a pretty detailed idea in my head of what my dolls should look like.

16. This! I'm struggling to find a decent method of storing all these boxes, they're everywhere!

Other pet peeves... Just as soon as you tell yourself "no more dolls!", one of your old, hard to find grails you had almost given up on pops up for sale for a very decent price. Right before Christmas when you shouldn't be buying anything and your husband has already purchased your doll gift for the year XD

17. Mine are tetrised under my bed, which is too low for storing anything I want regular access to, so it works well. I do need to flip my mattress again soon, so I'll be adding as many of the extras as I can soon.. I think I need to find a second spot soon, though.

This being a written medium, grammar and spelling can bug me a bit... But the one thing driving me absolutely nuts lately is the trend of writing about things people have "sown." Unless you're growing a dolly garden, you aren't sowing anything for your dolls. (If you are growing a dolly garden, share some seeds?)

18. with reference to 'sown'... is this a 'trend' of speech or a language barrier issue? I am thinking of 'English as second language' and lack of actual knowledge of the language... I see it often. I have a few miss-spellings (prolly = probably) that are a text version of a personal quirk... not because I don't know... But in here ... especially.... with 'new to English language' ppl you will see the 'wrong' word being used...

I'm more bothered by lack of understanding of bjd terminology. Most specifically the entrenched ideas of MSD, SD.... etc... means the same 'size' across the board... I own mostly Iples... and finding ppl who cry 'foul' because the bought 'those sizes' and lo and behold... they don't fit! ... Well of course not... did you even look at the measurements??? (usually they hadn't because the size was listed 'msd etc.' :doh)

19. A lot of the times I'm seeing it, it's from people whose profile information suggests that they're "English as a first language" speakers, so I feel like it's more either a quirk that got carried too far, or people who don't know the difference between the two words. (And, unfortunately, whichever way it goes, it gives the "English as a second language" members here the wrong "correct" term, so it has an unfortunate propagation.) Those points are probably why it bothers me more than the "smol" trend. That's pretty obviously not the right word, and won't be found in a dictionary, but "sown" doesn't get caught by spellcheck because it is a word, just entirely the wrong one.

I've tried really hard myself to move to "mini" and "tiny" (particularly because I only have "slim minis"), but "large" just never seems right for the SD boys... I don't know if the more "broad" classifications might make things easier to figure out, or more complicated, though.

20. Mine right now is my lack of patience. I'm getting burned out on company wait times. Five months is making me want to never pre-order another bjd. I'm ever the optimist and think, this time it will be short. Ha, yeah right, not! Sad thing is, I'll probably pre-order again if it's a limited and a must have, sigh.