1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread*

Dec 11, 2014

1. Didn't you ask your seller to mark it as "DOLL" or "TOY"?
      There are ways to get around getting dinged with custom fees.

2. it was properly marked it was also the provincial tax.... I can't see at all to read at some points. so I have to rely on someone else to read for me... My mistake was 1 trusting the delivery guy and 2 assuming he was intelligent enough to read it for me.... when my Dad was finally able to read for me and located a magnifying glass (it had been lost for months) I found out the idot delivery guy was either stupid, ignorant, or illiterate or all of the above.. he was new to me... not the guy who told me when I had tax to pay (he knew what he was doing). Because I questioned the new guy.. "you mean tax not duty"... and he said no... it's duty (customs). Either way it took all that time to find out it jsut got the normal tax... (one I might add I've been lucky to have missed/overlooked for nearly all my orders).. I can deal with the tax (it's only 5%)... I'm so pissed at the idiot delivery guy for being an idiot it's not funny... I want my other delivery guy back >< he had a brain!

and it was Iplehouse... they are so clear it's not funny other than some of the tiny print

3. I prefer "SD" size and "MSD" size as generic size descriptors over using fractions like "1/3", "1/4" "1/6". They don't work in so many ways - because they assume human adult height as the starting point - a 1/6 size adult doll is fine, but a 1/6 size child doll, isn't actually 1/6th the size of a full sized human child.... and most of my SD sized boys and girls are children too, so their scale would be closer to 1/2 not 1/3.

Which brings me onto another annoyance - almost all the furniture out there for "SD sized" dolls is 1/3 scale - assuming that SD size dolls are adults. Mine are children (hello! SD10 being ten-year old, SD13 being thirteen-years-old etc.) so that furniture is too small for them to look like children using adult sized furniture.... aargh!

Teddy

4. The fact that the "doll room" in my house has recently become the "toss whatever you don't want to get rid of in here when it's clean-up-the-house time" room. I can barely get INTO the room to organize it anymore, and it's a terrible mess.

5. 1. When sellers don't post "real up to date" images of their dolls and just tell in text about the damages or dirt. Not everyone does that. Some people do post pictures of what to expect when you're buying a second hand doll. I recently bought a doll that was very dirty. And the face up is very smuged.

2. When buying a second hand doll and the seller says "The doll will come with random accessories of my choice." Don't get me wrong I love everything I get and that the seller is nice enough to give away free items. But when it's items that are clearly in poor condition, it makes me feel a little upset.

6. To continue the postal rant, when the dude knocks on my door and doesn't even stay for a full minute, just like, leaves the notice and then I guess teleports or something.

7. I have a post office box because of that - when I do get a package for FedEx or UPS the delivery guy never pays attention to my instructions to come around the back to MY door & leaves things on the porch, where they can get stolen :(

8. Even more annoying - waiting in for a delivery, glancing out of the window to see the delivery van pull up outside, and getting to the door in time to see it driving off without the driver every having got out to see if anyone was at home. It's happened to me on more than one occasion.... Aaaargh!!!

Teddy

9. There's no rhyme or reason to it, either. Two packs of sandpaper worth about $12 that I Amazon Prime'd that's in a package roughly the size of a paperback book? Guy brings it to the door and waits for me to corral my dog, even! Huge express mail parcel from out of the country with high declared value and a bunch of stuff in it that isn't even mine because it's a group order? Guy knocks like it's a raid so it wakes everyone in the building up, but crams the notice in the door and apparently runs like his ass is on fire because how in the heck.

10. SO frustrating!

Teddy

11. When people hoard dolls. No characters, no attachment. Just having dolls to say they have dolls.

12. It really irritates me when someone contacts me about something I have for sale, asks me for more pictures or to calculate the shipping then I never hear back from them again. I mean, how hard is it to say 'Thanks but I changed my mind'? Common courtesy is all I'm asking for. :doh

13. I guess I get tired of seeing apologies for naked dolls! I see some of the reasons people do, so maybe if you're in public or at work you won't open up the images, but usually if I don't want people to see me looking at dolls, I just won't scroll through my Facebook or open a doll forum. If the doll was in a suggestive pose or something like that, I can see a warning for that.

14. Exotic out of this world dolls in normal cloths.... If it's like.. a cat person in normal clothing I like that but when it's Doll Chateau dolls! They're so pretty I want to see people do so much more with them. Although there's one with massive horns I saw in every day cloths that was cool lookin'. I dunno just preference.

15. I honestly don't understand why someone would want to skimp on shipping methods for their dolls (cheap packaging, no packing materials, no insurance, no tracking/required signature etc.) I could never think of shipping out my dolls by the cheapest method possible and then risk damage or loss.

16. Oh man, this. I haven't experience it personally (because I've yet to buy anything second hand) but I'sure have heard horror stories that are just baffling to me. I sell badges and stuff on etsy and I always make sure to wrap them snug in bubblewrap, I get so paranoid about the tiny badge getting even the slighest bit damaged even though it's just a cheap thing. So it makes no sense at all that people wouldn't care as much about things that are far more expensive.

On the other hand, I don't understand people who wouldnt want to pay extra for that extra security. While the seller shouldn't be shipping their stuff as cheap and haphazardly as possible, the buyer also shouldn't settle for that.

17. -The existence and prevalence of recasts
      -SINGLE JOINTS. And double joints that don't function well (lookin at you Iple... you know I love your sculpting but ya posing is killing me). One of the reasons I'm willing to pay so much for these dollies is because of the lovely posing opportunities. I get sad when the posing doesn't work out how I like it to...
      -Monster High dolls in the BJD tag (mostly on Instagram). This is NOT what I came to the BJD tag to see, please stop putting unrelated tags on your fashion doll pics for extra likes.
      -People outside of the hobby judging doll people for how much they spend on dolls. Esp. since I know people (my dad - guitars, and my friend's brother - mountain bikes) with hobbies that cost so much more, but people see it as more acceptable.
      -Dolls that never leave their full-sets :eusa_sile

• Dolls without a jointed torso, especially for tinies.
      • Going through all my bjd social media websites and not finding new pictures or updates.
      • Falling in love with a sculpt, but not finding any decent owner pics of it.
      • Single joints, especially for smaller dolls.
      • Finding awesome clothing/wigs/eyes only to discover that it doesn't come in the size I want.

18. no jointed hands for Iple dolls! ... make them hinge style .... I DON'T CARE as long as the hands have JOINTS ><. Note that I mean made to fit Iples and match resin... not... eh ya it works... if they wear gloves... no not what I want!

19. No decent light to take photos right now. Between the short days and nothing but clouds, rain/snow and more clouds.....ick.