1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread*

Dec 11, 2014

1. If I had to choose only one, it would be when a wig I like runs too small or, more often, too big than the specified size.

Honorable mentions:

- Wrong labels on clothes in physical stores. SD13 does not equal SD17 so please make separate piles for them
      - When I can't see details I need on a product shot and/or they have no measurements
      --- then I take a chance anyway, only to find they're really, strictly for 65cm guys. Whoops. There it goes, my girl now gets another hand-me-down.
      - Certain doll photos. I'm ok with doll nudity so long as it's tasteful (like box openings or romantic/sexy ones), but some are just...wrong. :sweat

2. I want to know what you DON'T like in a compnay.
      My biggest pet peeve is offering a doll with no option for clothes/wig but all of their advertising has this amazing outfit/wig! It grinds my gears something fierce.
      But what about you? What don't you like to see in a company?

3. Unflattering photos! I feel like there are some companies that have dolls with such potential, but the photos are their website are unclear or just plain ugly. It's a shame since just about every doll out there has the potential to be beautiful, but these photos are such a turn off with awkward body poses and lack of detail shots.

Don't get me wrong, simple, plain photos of dolls without a face-up are extremely helpful to let the buyer know what the sculpt really looks like, but it's difficult to be drawn in when the cheap photos in turn make the doll look cheap.

4. Yes!
      How hard is it to get some good lighting dang it! I hate seeing the same pose but from 100+ angles. Shake it up a bit, at least move the hands >:(

5. No blank head photos! ARGHHHH.
      Like, seriously, just... I need to see a blank sculpt... and I want to see it from the front AND the side. SO many companies don't do blank head photos and it drives me insane.

6. Thankfully I haven't run into this, but I can definitely understand the pain. Why in the world wouldn't they think that's important?

7. right? Oooo it's so frustrating. Also when they have just the front and a 3/4 view but no profile shot so you can't make out the exact nose shape. That frustrates me too because if i'm shelling a character I need to see the dang nose!
      and the ears.
      And like... everything.

Resinsoul has a habit of hiding their doll's ears with wigs in pics, drives me insane.

8. I
      I JUST loomed at a doll page that did the same thing but with horns! She didn't come with wig but they kept showing her wearing one so I assumed "Oh, ok, this thing is held on by magnets, nice". WRONG!
      Come to find out they had a special wig made for her because her horns are attached through a peg system. What the heck man!

#748 Mittzle, Mar 8, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    9. wth!?? that's so annoying.
      But yeah, drives me mad having to search for owner pics to decide if I want a sculpt. Just.. omg.. give me a blank face pic and show me how things attach on the company page!

10. I also get kind of annoyed when there are no pictures of the blank head! A tip though: if the page for the full doll doesn't have blank head pictures, check to see if they have seperate listings for just the heads. Sometimes the company will have blank head photos with just the head listing, but not the full doll. Annoying, but less annoying than having none at all! (Dollzone does this, for example.)

I personally also get peeved by companies with ridiculously high shipping, even when you buy like one wig or a pair of shoes or something. I totally understand expensive shipping for a whole doll; it's a big package usually coming from across the world! But $20+ for a single wig that costs less than the shipping and could be shipped in a padded envelope...? That's a little ridiculous in my opinion. I got a full 6x9in box of stuff from Dollmore, clothes and accessories and everything, for like $9 shipping. It doesn't have to be expensive, so why...? I just don't get it personally! But I've obviously never had to run a company...I guess I'm just salty! :lol:

11. Unflattering photos are pretty aggravating (also sad and funny to me simultaneously) - but I have a good imagination and can usually get past that. I just feel bad for the company if they don't know how to really showcase their sculpts.

The thing that upsets me most is when I open up a doll and find that they are strung at the neck with an o-ring instead of an s-hook.

12. How are you supposed to restring the doll without cutting the cord?
      Wow, I think I would be a little livid XD

13. @Mittzle most of the time you'll be able to restring them without cutting the elastic by detaching both feet (provided the feet do have s-hooks or resin hooks).

14. Companies that only sell fullsets! (I'm looking at you Dollmore Lusions). I prefer to do 100% customization on most of my dolls, I don't want to pay an extra $200 dollars for a faceup and accessories I will never use.

15. Websites. The websites that I've seen for BJDs range from mediocre to terrible.

Mostly around missing information, terrible navigation, Flash used anywhere, inability to filter. Also listing dolls by name instead of size -- a Lati Yellow an Fairyland PukiFee are roughly the same size, but have fun finding that information.

A doll's listing should contain links to a sizing chart, some resin comparison photos (ideally including other companies too). For a non-fullset it should tell you exactly what the doll is wearing -- clothes, shoes, eyes, wig, fantasy parts, etc and have links to them. They should have several made up and dressed photos from various angles. They should have several completely nude photos from various angles.

The web isn't exactly a new thing, there's kinda no excuse for it now.

16. - No blank photos
      - Overly photoshoped photos
      - No option to gender-swap the body without emailing the company

17. @Leiothrix thats such a good point.
      I just kind of expect terrible websites now, and maybe I shouldn't! It'd be nice to see a bit more effort.

18. Seconding this. Seriously. It just- GAH!!

Another thing that grinds my gears is when companies show highly artistic photos (with props obscuring view of important details like thigh joints when they are used in posing in the photo) of dolls' nude bodies instead of something simple and sweet so I can see exactly what the body I'm ordering looks like. I'm looking at you Doll Leaves.

19. 'Eyes: random'

I always get blue. :|

20. THIS!! Given how popular it is to switch body types you'd think they would catch on by now >:/

What's so difficult about giving us an option! It could even be, state the color you want, if we're out you get random. Just, throw us a dang bone!
      You're lucky, my color is brown :,(

#760 Mittzle, Mar 8, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2017