1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread*

Dec 11, 2014

1. Things that irritate me are always things I do or can't do myself :'D
      It bugs me so much, when I can't restring one of my dolls legs even. The right one is always looser than the left one. It's been like that since the beginning, but it's annoying when nothing seems to help it.
      The lack of my sewing skills is other thing that annoys me... I'm hopeless what comes to sewing clothing for dolls. I wish I would be able to do the clothing for my dolls by myself, but I seem to never be pleased with the end results. Maybe it's just lack of confidence and I just need to stop being so critical towards myself.

2. One thing that makes me want to rant are few things from second hand doll market.
      If you are going to sell the head blank why you post picture with faceup? I have seen few heads with nice faceup and cool pearcings only to find out that seller will wipe it away before shipping the head. Why not wipe the head clean first and aftet that put in on sale?
      Same goes with bodies or full dolls. In the picture there is fully clothed doll but on sale is actually nude doll. Why post picture on something you are not selling?

3. Thisssss...especially on DoA. It specifically says in the MP rules that the first picture in the selljng post of a full doll should be just the doll, naked and nothing artistic. Same for heads; just post a simple picture of exactly what you're selling. If I see only fancy, clothed pictures of a doll that's going to be sold blank without a wig, clothes, or eyes, or a head with a wig, eyes, and a nice faceup that's being sold blank with no extras, I'm gonna think the seller is trying to hide something. It's a bit misleading, or seems like the seller doesn't care enough to take new photos for a selling thread and is just reusing stuff from old photoshoots. Like, if you wanna throw some fancier pictures at the end to show the doll's potential then that's fine, but I wanna see what I'm actually getting before I go into all that.

4. When Ersa Flora is back up and running, I highly recommend her glow in the dark eyes. I have the blue ones in three of my dolls, and they're fantastic.

5. - Lack of respect for artists! All artists in the hobby, whether they're total pros out there sculpting, sewing, painting, and crafting the beautiful dolls and accessories we buy or little baby newbies trying out any of those things for the first time, they deserve our respect! Don't recast and steal their work, don't mock their first tries at sculpting dolls or painting faces, and don't complain about the high prices of luxury artisan items that take hours of work and a lot of skill to create! Our hobby depends on us supporting and encouraging artists.

- Being afraid to follow anyone on tumblr/instagram/wherever when they don't explicitly state that they are pro-artist and anti-recast in their profile description :sigh I can't tell you how many people I've had to block because they ended up being pro-recast.

- Trying to work out good photo set-ups in cramped spaces! Ugh!

- Literally everything about shipping. The cost, the stress, the filthy lying USPS tracking info. Both sides (sending doll stuff out and shipping doll stuff in) annoy me terribly.

6. :o Augh there's so many >,< haha

~ When companies don't include important measurements, and don't show sculpts without face ups!
      ~ So much drama x-x I ignore it but sometimes it's hard to :o
      ~ When sellers don't include fees, like not listing they want you to pay pay pal fees, or shipping.. Or when you ask if there is any damage, they will say no only to find there is XD I would have bought it still because of this small thing, but you didn't tell me, that's what makes me upset...
      ~ Bad pictures!! I don't mean by members of the doll community so much, but when companies are selling dolls and take the photo all from the same angle, or look, it's frustrating because I can't see how the sculpt looks from other angles and different features they have.
      ~ People complaining about not getting free gifts in their purchases :o
      ~ When people tell others how they should treat their dolls, or that they don't care about them. For example if someone takes their doll out for a "outing" and people tell them they are treating their doll badly, it's dangerous and bad for them! That kind of upsets me...
      ~ When sellers list a clothing item and just put something like.. "70cm (company) or other similar" but don't give the measurements anywhere... I mean I can go look up the size, but it is a bit frustrating they don't just put them there :/
      ~ People who put down other peoples collectibles, like people saying monster high, blythe, whatever are "ugly" or something to their owners :(
      ~ Random criticism on what is clearly the owners purposeful decision, like telling them that their wig doesn't fit their sculpt, or character, when the owner clearly likes, and chose it...
      ~ People who complain a lot (looks at my own post* hypocrite X'D), but no, people I guess who just.. Complain over the smallest things but voice it all the time. In threads like this I think it's fine because it's the purpose, but it's always annoying to see people having fun discussion and someone suddenly turn it around with just such a downer comment, or complaining about something :/

I have more but I'll keep it to this ;) don't wanna complain too much haha, I like threads like this better than anonymous confession kind of things.. Plus it's kind of nice to be able to say some annoying, but harmless stuff like this ^ Sorry if i offended anyone who does any of these :o wasn't the intention ;) haha

7. #1 hobby annoyance is restringing! Some companies are not too bad ( I'm pretty decent with luts dolls) but souldoll.... oh my gosh! It's been a trip!

8. For me it's less things people do but what they don't do. Lack of information on doll pics (my eternal peeve over at dA, which is why I've stopped browsing doll pics there altogether - if I'm sculpt-hunting and find something that fits and there is absolutely no info about the sculpt to be found anywhere I might as well not waste my time), lack of measurements on company pages - is it so hard to either copy-paste a list of measurements to each sales page, or include a button that leads to a measurements page? - lack of blank pics on sales pages ... that kind of stuff. Makes dolly research super hard and annoys the heck out of me. :eusa_sile

9. This drives me nuts. I've noticed it a lot lately! If the head is for sale blank, why even have faceuped photos at all? And I really want to know what it looks like under all that faceup, even more so if there're no pics as I'll get suspicious of stains and damage. It's one thing to not notice a little damage, but this seems like deliberate hiding to me.

The fully clothed doll photos of bodies is one of my huge pet peeves lately. I've noticed at least a couple posts where not only is the body not shown, but the type of body isn't mentioned in the sales post. If a company has several bodies to choose from, you kind of need to post which it is. No one is going to buy it if they literally don't even know what they're buying.

10. Sorry, I've realized something else I haven't asked:

People hiking up shipping/paypal fees in order to cushion some of the blow for selling their doll for less (this is not aimed at anyone in particular)

I -hate- when I respond to an add and later more and more the price just seems to climb.

EX:
      Doll for sale for 250 dollars plus shipping (lets say it usually sells for 500, again, these are made up prices)

Messages go back and forth, they tell you they'll get an estimate on shipping and whatnot. Great, you're interested, invested and attached...juggling around cash so you can pay them via paypal. Next thing you know, after you send they doll (or maybe before) they ask you for paypal fees, quoting you 15 bucks. Great, thats not a lot of money so you change the total to 265 knowing paypal is going to take out their fees. Little do you know, the actual fee they are paying is only 7.55, so they've potentially made a profit off of you, doubling the price of what the fees are going to be.

(AGAIN, This is all made up, merely throwing out make believe numbers (the paypal fee estimate is via a calculator though) I am not trying to attack any one seller/person/etc. If you see this and think "are they talking about me" the answer is no.)

Then you get the shipping quote, lets say 75 dollars (again, just a number). You pay it because thats still less than the 100 dollars it would have taken to ship from the company and they said they have to buy some more paper/bubblewrap/tape as well so you don't really ask to see the estimate. (You're foolish...silly you). Then you get the doll finally only to find that the exact shipping was 20 dollars, what little bubble wrap they used only equated to say... 15 dollars and the other 40 bucks was pure profit on their part.

So in reality, you still had a good deal. You paid 250, plus the 6.45 overage on paypal, plus the 40 bucks they profited from shipping that was all profit for them.

So the 250 doll was really 296.45 with paypal fees and shipping.

This was an example where things turned out better, but I've also seen where the doll was close enough in price by the time someone paid paypal and shipping it would have actually been cheaper to buy from the company and the second hand seller made a profit off of the doll.

That kind of stuff steams my buns.

11. Ug, THIS! I have three full Luts dolls and three Luts hybrids, none of them are the same bodies or heads. The three full dolls were all purchased head and body separately secondhand, and one of them is a head not meant for the body I chose. I totally know your pain.

12. Right??? I need a body for my KDF Yul and none of the Luts bodies are really the body type I want, but I don't wanna buy something that doesn't work. Luts, I love you, but it's one teeeeny measurement... :huh?:

13. When people don't tag their pictures.
      I rely a lot on owner pictures on flickr (and insta if I'm desperate) when I shop for dolls. If people don't use tags the search function becomes useless. Sometimes MONTHS LATER I end up stumbling across a picture of that specific doll through someone's favourite, but the owner didn't use tags. It makes me wonder how many pictures I've tried to find but missed because they were aimlessly floating in the void of the internet.

A thousand times THIS. It's so shady and/or lazy!
      Take some pictures god damn it. You're not listing some old barbie on buymystuff, you're dealing a few hundred dollars here. Make some efforts!

#953 sahoma, Jun 10, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    14. Well, I'm guilty of that, sorry :)

15. When no one knows when the next preorder is.... I'm talking to you, islanddoll. no one seems to be able to figure out when the next one will be. (I want my an an! hurry up and let me buy her so i dont buy anyone else!)

16. Super confusing names and sections of dolls. Super Angel Fairy Doll or Angel Super Doll or whatever is kind of... well... by now I know at least one of those is probably a smaller doll, but it's hard on us newbies who don't even know which sculpts we like.
      Or model names of bodies.
      I really don't know the difference between BDFasdfadf-11-04 and BDFasdfasdf-11-05 is, aside from the latter is probably newer. @_@ And heck if I can remember which I wanted.

17. Doll sites that don't put the size of the doll next to the line name.
      The fact that fewer and fewer companies post head circumference. Sometime wig size isn't enough!
      When companies don't put up sizes, or color comparisons, or size comparisons, or just put them in weird places. What can I say, I'm a hybrider.
      When I go to a thread for pictures, but the links are broken. Or I go to a thread for suggestions but the companies are long gone.
      When you want something in particular, but no one makes it.

18. You can buy an an through Alice collections!

19. YES! Either that, or the sculpt rare in the first place, and you can't even find it in the right resin color you're looking for so you have no idea what it will really look like until you get it yourself! That's really bothersome!

20. Both of those things happened to me. There were no owner pics, and the company pics were only one shade. See: doll in my avatar.