1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread*

Dec 11, 2014

1. When people say, their dolls came back from the spa *_* That's so annoying!

2. Oh no- I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. Were you at least satisfied when you first saw the doll?

3. I'm sure in time I'll have more, but:
      -I wish there were more mature and less 'babyfaced' MSDs
      -I wish it was easier to find more elf bjds (seems like most are always LE...)
      -I wish more companies offered more standard colors (grey, lilac, and light blue are literately my jam and dying a doll terrifies me atm lmao)
      -I wish there were more 'in-between' sizes; I'd love a 35-38cm msd (think chibi unoa, I guess?), and more 48-50cm dolls (so somewhere between 'tall msd' and 'small sd' but being able to like, interlope between the two)
      -When people don't mention what sculpt a doll is.
      -poor resin matches between companies (unavoidable, but still disappointing)
      -orange tan resin. why.

4. Yes, she is super cute!

5. Yeah.. I ended up buying her from Denver Doll. An An is on the way!!!

6. I love her! If you figure out a better way to get her to stand let me know! I love my girl but she does NOT stand

7. I have a new thing to mention on this thread. It's not a big thing or anything worth a rant, just a little something inconvenient.
      When doll companies sell doll eyes, but don't post pictures of said eyes on a doll. I personally find it really difficult to imagine different kinds of eyes on a doll, so I need reference. I oftentimes notice the eyes look completely different from what I initially thought when I compare the picture of just the eyes with a picture of the eyes on a doll. Maybe it's just me. : p But yeah, not really a big deal.

8. I just recently encountered this one:

Cutting someone a deal on a doll that you love because you desperately needed the money, sending them a bunch of extras for free, just for them to turn around & put her up for sale two months later, $150 more than they bought her for.

Am I salty?

Absolutely.

9. I'm a Volks fan and I'm pretty annoyed/salty over staining issues. One of the reasons I started getting into SDs over the vinyl Dollfie Dreams is that resins are supposed to be harder to stain. But then I was reading today how Volks' wigs can still stain even resins.

*sigh*

10. ANYTHING can stain... BUT the upside is resin has a much better chance at cleaning. It takes something pretty dreadful to permanently stain good resins. (there area always the crappy ones that stain by being looked at ><)

• Wigs that are listed as "black" but are actually "natural black/dark brown" and not pure black. phew, boy does that get me!
      • Sales posts without any information on the item. INCLUDING no price??? Just "message if interested". I'm interested, I assure you! But will the price make me disinterested? Too lazy to find out, lol.
      • Absolutely what OP said about dolls being flopped over and tossed around in pictures. I understand photos can be pretty hard sometimes. :( But.... please pick your baby up?
      • Dirty dolls! Now people don't usually show them off in photos, but getting a dirty second hand doll? Ew!! Why are they greasy? Why are they covered in dirt?? Why are they like this and what happened here??? :nosebleed And we're not talking stains that cant be removed, I'm talking just filth on the doll that I easily removed with some TLC.
      • Anyone touching my dolls without washing their hands. Okay this one might be me personally, but before I do anything with my dolls I make sure to wash my hands. I don't know why, but I just don't want them to get all gross and greasy or something from my hands? Not that my hands are laying around with grease on them, but just natural oils and maybe something gross from my computer mouse or food. When I have friends come and meet my boys, I have to hold my breath as I watch them handle them without having washed their hands. It's probably a fear from when I got my last doll second hand and he was super oily and gross. I'm afraid my first boy will get like that if I don't take care! :'(
      • When companies temporarily discontinue things (cough cough Luts' optional part!!)
      • That one BJD confessions tumblr dedicated to people starting drama and talking about other people like it's their own life. Wow, some of the stuff there is just so unnecessary and rude. It's honestly why I'm terrified of the doll community. I've met some really nice people, but I've seen a lot of entitled, "im older than you so I know better", "i've been in the hobby longer, i'm better than you", "lol, i love starting drama BUT I HATE DRAMA!!!" kind of people in the community... and it's very off putting. (I found a tumblr along the lines of BJD lets be friends and it only has positive, uplifting, and friendly anonymous confession, and it honestly means the world to me to see people treat each other like that! ; w ; )
      • Seeing companies selling items I've seen on Ebay for $1, selling them on their site with either a little alteration or nothing changed at all for quadruple the price. o_o I totally understand having to make money some how, but I feel really bad for those that buy the item at that price.
      • Ebay companies selling "tripod" cases as "bjd carriers" for triple the price.... I fell for it. Bought a $30 bag that was only worth $5 on ebay.... I wish I had known to think of camera tripod carriers before shelling out $30. ; - ;
      • The yellowing. Lmao, no this can't be helped at all and I know that. I just get really sad thinking about my boys yellowing to no return as the years go by. ; w ;
      • EDIT: When you're sooooo close to finishing a faceup, you seal it, and then.... you see it... a big old sealant drip. Or speckling. Something involving the sealant not going on perfectly and absolutely RUINING all your work! ; - ; Or even worse, you drop the piece by accident as it's drying, ahhhh! or even messing up so many times on a faceup that now the sealant under is rubbed away and you have a hole in your sealant layer. mmmm. It wouldn't make me feel so bad if it wasn't so hard to get sealant off your resin, lmao.
      • EDIT: Dreadlocks on white dolls. Makes me cringe, man. That's all I can say. :|
      Ahhh, so sorry to make such a big list! ;////;

#971 Sucktacular, Jun 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    11. For me, it was not getting into the hobby soon enough! One of my favorite books is the Little Prince, and I was looking for ideas to dress an incoming doll as the little prince. I found several dolls made by the company to be exactly what I want, but years ago, and none available.

Figuring out different sizes is also a bit of a stress for me. But I assume the longer I am in the hobby the easier it will be.

Recasts being sold as legit. Newly into the hobby, it is angering that people strive to take advantage of newbies with what is basically stolen artwork.

12. when super newbs (ones who barely understand what a bjd is new) ask you to essentially tell them what doll to get O_o... are you kidding me? How do 'we' in the hobby have a clue what you even might like? These newbs are the ones who "like the idea" of a bjd but not actually any particular dolls ... They make me wanna scream.

That's like me deciding what flavor of ice cream you gonna get and TELLING you this is what you are going to like... not knowing if the like the food period... it can't get more nuts than that.

What's worse is after 50 ppl's suggestions of types and companies are shared... They finally say what 'kind' they like (think syle/size).... if they knew that then why did they not START with I want something like "blah" it's a hella lot easier then.

13. I am currently annoyed at myself for not being able to explain my hobby. Like...I'll say I collect dolls, but not creepy or ugly ones, but that sounds kind of bad? I don't want to insult people who think that dolls I personally don't like (antique dolls, porcelain dolls, etc.) are lovely, but I don't know how else to explain to the general public (who usually doesn't see dolls in a very positive light) that my dolls are artistic and pretty and not weird... And I know a lot of people wpuld probably think my dolls are weird or creepy anyway, but still! I wish there was an easier way to describe BJDs that sets them apart from other types of dolls. (Even describing them as customized art dolls or representations of my characters doesn't really help. Oh well, I guess! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

And another thing that doesn't really annoy me, per se, but kind of makes me sad, is newbies these days who are introduced to BJDs on communities like Tumblr, where there's so much drama and toxicity, and then assume the whole doll community is like that. I'm not faulting the newbies here at all; I just wish for their sake that they had gotten a better introduction to the community aspect of the hobby! Tumblr wasn't really much of a thing when I first got into BJDs, so DoA was my first experience with any kind of online doll community, and it was fantastic. Definitely nowhere near as drama-ridden and angry and catty as the Tumblr community. I keep well away from the Tumblr doll community (and Tumblr as a whole) these days. (This isn't meant to insult anyone who does like the community on Tumblr either; it's just really not for me!)

14. I've had pretty good luck with saying I collect "Asian ball-jointed dolls." Since most people don't know what that phrase even entails, it usually leads them to ask what an asian ball-jointed doll is (which is exactly what I want them to do). Since they've now taken the initiative to ask me for more information, that gives me conversational freedom to go - briefly - into more detail about the customization, supporting hobbies (e.g. photography, sewing), etc. A much better approach than saying in one breath that you collect dolls, but not like antique dolls and not anything pervy, yadda, yadda, yadda. If they don't ask for clarification then I'm still off the hook anyway since they clearly don't care!:lol:

15. My biggest annoyance right now is waiting. Waiting for a pre order, waiting for wigs, eyes, clothes, waiting for good weather to do all the face ups I've been putting off, and the worst wait is the one when your doll is shipped to you and it disappears into customs for days. I know waiting is a big part of this hobby, but sometimes it just gets burdensome. OK, mini whine over, back to waiting...

16. I'm very annoying when :
      - a seller dont' answer for an item you want to buy, and when he answers two weeks later, it to say it's sold
      - waiting for a doll and nothing change at the statue for months !
      - a doll stand up perfectly when she's on her shelves and when I want to photoshoot, she acts like she hasn't elastics --'

17. omg lmao ... meeeeeeeeeeeeee! and even when they sit!... sits nice on the chair on shelf... in chair for shoot... nope ><

18. The only thing that annoys me the most is Volks' inconsistent head size. I love their sculpts but some of them are clearly bigger than the others and that makes it hard for me to pair them up or take their pictures together. Like one of their old FCS sculpts, F31, is like big mellow so I had to search high and low to find him a twins brother. :sweat

19. I just want some nice t-shirt fabric for an undershirt. Something I can make fall nice and easy.

I need to go to Jo-Ann's or something. My favorite fabric store closed.