1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are hard to find that you would like to see more of

Mar 24, 2010

1. Oddly enough I found some doll sized of these in a market. They are not perfect for dolls but give the illusion!

2. Gloves. Ugh, don't even get me started on these. They're hard enough to find in SD sizes, and downright impossible to find in MSD sizes. D;

Also, pilot goggles, MSD size. Like, realistic, good-looking ones that don't have chains hanging off the sides or something.

3. Definitely furniture and technology (computers, game consoles, etc.). Basically more set materials.

4. In-proportion butterfly knives (the keychain ones I find are still too big for SD), baseball and motorcycle helmets, and wide plastic headbands.

5. I will add to the comments wishing for more weapons-- I see swords and some kinds of pistols on a regular basis, but beyond that it's near impossible to find in-scale weapons. I would desperately like a crossbow for my incoming MSD (not a working one of course, but even if it came close to looking like a crossbow I'd be happy >.<) and in the future I'd be interested to see staves, polearms, more dagger-sized knives/swords, among others. At the same time, I don't want to pay something like $200 for them...

Also, more MSD fantasy parts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe AH's Luka the Pan hooves are the only MSD hooves out there.

6. YES TO TECHNOLOGY. I've been wanting to find a MSD sized laptop for my doll but i can't seem to find it anywhere D: A proper DSLR too, with removable lenses, i've seen one in a shoot in the galleries, but it isn't exactly the most common thing around OTL

7. *poke* I found a pink Vaio laptop in the MP Accessories, MSD-sized. XD Hurry up and get your full MP access so you can snap it up. XD

8. OTL twelve more posts. eleven after this one ^^;

9. The Hallmark Keepsake Ornament laptops are about right for MSD's. They're slightly small but not out-of-scale small. Check Ebay. There's a blue one and a silver one.

I'd really like a place to buy basic separates. Like there's a standard outfit price and you choose the shirt, pants, jacket or hoodie and an accessory or two to create your own. Just more basics in general. Plain well-fitted (meaning the neckline looks right) T-shirts in various colors, jeans in more colors than dark indigo and way-too-light, anything that's not super-goth or mega-lolita or too fantasy. In colors other than black, white, pink and funky prints. Many of the otherwise awesome handmade things I've seen suffer from funkyprint syndrome. I know fun fabrics are fun, but there must be SOME plain solid colors to balance them with!

Luckily there are people to commission for many of these items (though it's different people for each size!), but it would be awesome to have a place for true basics you can get quickly at a lower price. I really don't get why there's nowhere you can go and order a basic plain T-shirt in a choice of colors and sizes. Dollmore would almost have it if all their stuff wasn't black and white.

10. Clothes and shoes for mecha angel dolls and mature mini's. Carrier cases made for more than 1 doll(I'd love it to be 3 dolls)

11. I would love to find nice, quality, detailed Dresses and Full Adult-Style Outfits (not baby-doll) for Lati Green (No, NOT YoSD because not all YoSD actually fits Lati Green) that's not made over-seas so I can afford the item without paying more for shipping than for the actual item! /rant

(Not that I have any problem with overseas manufacturers. On the contrary, most of what I own is from overseas, and they make what I want... but the shipping is OUT OF THIS WORLD O_o)

12. I'd love to see a pregnant doll, or the option to imitate pregnancy with like a magnetic attachment. (yes, like barbie. >> )
      Also, more shoes! Normal shoes, like just sneakers I would wear. Not kitty face boots and stuff, as cute as they are. xD

13. I completely agree with this entire post! I want pregnant ladies and manly men!

14. This! I'm get a 28 cm boy and I've pretty much already resigned myself to making most of his clothes (even worse that he's a new doll from a less-heard-of company, so there is pretty much nothing specifically for him). I don't really mind having to sew since I had planned on it anyways, but it would be nice to have more options available out there without having to custom-order. Also shoes in this size that aren't cutesy.

Actually, clothing in this size range for boys at all is pretty rare, and I'd love to see a wider range of realistic-looking weapons across all sizes, but especially smaller. Generally more props and clothes for people who want to have photostories/scenarios across a range of genres.

More wigs in dark gray. I've found quite a few but a lot of companies don't have it as an option.

And guys that look more like guys without looking evil. I mean, I love a lot of the softer male faces, but most of the faces that are trying to be more rugged/masculine are just kind of scary to me.

On the other hand, more men that are realistically slim instead of ripped, more companies giving you an option with breast size and more realistic breast shapes.

More skin tones, more realistic skin tones, more dolls that look realistically ethnic.

More realistic dolls in general.

I think I'm done for now. :|

15. nice wigs that are not mohair that are in more average styles, especially for guys! Like what about short hair styles? like short, spiked gelled hair, ya know? and definitely a more diverse choice of clothing. I'm not looking for chains and skulls for my guys. What about a simple, nice hoodie to fit my manly men along with some nice shoes and pants? and watches? and...and...oh I could go on! *chuckles*

16. MadameLecter, I hear you on normal guy wigs! A lot of male sculpts would look far more masculine with masculine hair.

And I think more clothes in general without embellishments/prints. Some of the AnotherSpace jackets would work really well for the fantasypunk doll I'm planning if they were the same cuts without the prints.

17. Armor! Chainmail!
      Swords! Normal boots for guys! Nice guy hair.
      Boot cut pants for boys.

18. Foxdragon, I agree with everything you said. Therefore I hope you don't mind me quoting you. I want everything Foxdragon wants and I want regular shoes for a boy with a 6.4 foot - not boots with heavy chains and high heels. My character is a young boy who still is nice to his mother and likes to play his his sister. Where are the hiking boots, the round toes and the kind of shoes his mother buys for him? He doesn't need a sword but he could use a nice bicycle. I'm getting out the sewing machine but how in heck am I supposed to sew a bicycle?

It will be a challenge ...

19. As those have said:

Pets or animals REAL sized.
      Beds for SD.

I've only found a few and they come in two colors I hate. ><

Battle gear or weaponry and a good MOTORCYCLE that's not a 'hog'.

More female BJD that don't look so 'girly' or maybe even a little dark.

And SD wings that don't look like a Halloween accessory from K-mart.

20. I'm just going to put it out there that more realistically proportioned sword letter-openers should work for the SD and larger dolls (they're the same size as some doll swords and have actual blades and wrapped handles), and you can also buy mini-katanas that wouldn't be too large for the 70 cm range. They're not cheap, but they'll look better than most doll swords and you have a decent selection, especially since a lot of movie replica swords are made in mini :)