1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are hard to find that you would like to see more of

Mar 24, 2010

1. A little bit of an update on this -- These tools actually were perfect! I did not find them at my Hobby Lobby (which is a crap Hobby Lobby so not shocking), however, for anyone else who might want them too, I used the brand to look them up and bought them online! They're TOOBS and you can buy them here Tools TOOB®

They arrived yesterday with all these teeny animals, dragons and dinosaurs as a free gift XD

Now I just need a tool belt for him D:

2. A variety in clothing styles. Like, there are some now but they usually follow a general concept or style. I think it would be good to expand on this. I would also like to see more accessibility to sizes. Especially for my large boy. (72cm) It is such a pain to fund things that fit him. When I do they are either sold hot or not a style i picture him in.

3. SD sized furniture. Or really, anything SD sized, it's hell to try and search for it! Currently, I am searching for a dog that would be an assistant dog to one of my darlings-to-be, but hell, can't find anything big enough! :chomp:

4. SD sized furniture is kinda hard to find or hard to find tutorials for too. But small iris eyes are prob harder to find (or at least what I've seen) so I'd love to see more of that. More gothic/punk clothes for MSD has been a little tricky to find but easier lately so thats good :thumbup

5. bjd crochet patterns.

6. New dolls.
      In stores.
      In stock.

7. Aww, but Adam, half the fun of collecting bjds is the challenge of acquiring them!

8. Look for "teddy bear chairs" or furniture like on ebay. A teddy bear is MUCH more common than an SD BJD, and their furniture is much less expensive.

Furniture sizes are not standardized to scale but are measured. So measure your doll's "seat height" and total height in sitting position. Sit (yourself) in a similar style chair and measure how much higher your head is than top of chair. Then look at picture, calculate what percentage or fraction of seat height of chair is to total height to determine of it's close enough. Seat height may even be in listing.

I just bought a couple of lovely wicker chairs which fit perfectly.

9. Diorama pieces- pre-madw walls/floor, furniture with a more modern twist. It's so hard to find them and when I do, it's so expensive.

10. My friends who have dioramas like to buy photography backdrops from ebay. The smallest size works well as a backdrop for bjds and you can get a variety of indoor and outdoor scenes. Unless you're like me and insist on making your own.

11. Interesting. Never thought if it that way. Not unlike an old British motorcycle or Kirby vacuum like previous hobbies. Thanks, that helps.

12. In doing a search on this particular discussion I saw a few looking for motorcycles. While the MSD and even some SD dolls can find old RC New Bright Harleys the one I need is one I saw at Dollism Plus 14 that was a sweet looking one and nice a big. I do wish New Bright would talk to Harley Davidson about doing a nice 36 inch bike. Doesn't even have to work, just want it for a awesome prop.
      [​IMG]Dollism Plus 14 by Marie, on Flickr
      Isn't it awesome?

13. I'd like to see more dolls with robot limbs, or a complete robot.

14. A completely transparent doll, like glass but resin, would be really really cool. I saw a doll on someone's doll profile a while back that had completely clear hands that were super pretty, and I'd love to see an entire doll made the same way.

15. Some realistic swords! Like a really nice katana set...

16. Mine is more of the doll itself. I think it's hard to find tall but slender, non-muscular male bodies. I've seen one or two, but there is always too much muscle on them for what I need.

17. Chubby doll bodies that are not super babyish. Viola is the only one that comes to mind right now (granted I'm no expert) and as pretty as she is that's sad! I would especially love a cute chubby guy doll. :love If I ever actually take on the giant task of trying to sculpt my own, that's definitely at the top of my list.

18. Hello!

I'm a first-time BJD owner! I have a 60cm boy!
      I was at Doll North this year, and though I found enough to get my man dressed, it was real slim pickings for him. 60cm boy clothes seemed to be harder to find... especially socks and underwear!

Are there any sizes / clothing items / types of clothes that you have a hard time finding?

But seriously, where the socks at?

19. Uniforms, strangely enough. I'm not talking about military uniforms, just... standard, blue-collar work uniforms. Especially in smaller sizes, I had to branch into 1/6 scale action figure clothing to get a jumpsuit for one of my slim minis. (And yes, shockingly it actually did fit)

As for sizes, I tend to have a really hard time dressing my slim 1/3 boys- Even when I buy the smallest SD clothes I can find, pants tend to fit in a schlubby, unflattering way. But I think that's more due to me still not fully understanding 1/3 scale sizing and mostly going for cheaper clothing, lol

20. Writing up the initial post, I came to a realization that I own maybe one commonly-sized doll. All the others are either uncommon sizes or with unique body shapes that make buying off the rack (as it were) a crap shot at best.

But honestly, finding fantasy/quasi- or pseudo-medieval clothing is very difficult for me. I'm not looking for Victorian or steampunk fashions, nor do I want (no matter how beautiful) traditional/older Chinese fashions. I have nothing against those fashions, they're absolutely lovely, but most of my dolls are from a pseudo-medieval world. If you think Game of Thrones, you're not far off.

It's not that the clothes I'm looking for don't exist, it's that getting them in sizes that fit my dolls are outside of my current budget. I'd almost have to commission them (or make them myself, but that's never going to happen).

Barring that, fitted suits for my 60cm Dollmore boy. He's slimmer than most of his size category, so most clothes are a little big on him. Or maybe some casual clothing options, for my Iplehouse FID boy? Something that isn't chic? I have two outfits that are chic for him, but what can I say? I love my boy.

Or anything fitting my Granado Vindoll? There's one seamstress in the world who makes clothing for him, but what I want and what she makes are somewhat different XD