1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are hard to find that you would like to see more of

Mar 24, 2010

1. I have a hard time finding really good looking and cool clothes for msd sized boys.... there are so much more girl clothes that I ended up just cross dressing them....

2. It's still hard to get dressed Sabik 80 cm, from the moment of his arrival he is sitting in borrowed from my 70 cm guy clothes and totally is not image ready :whee: If you know, where I can get some or what fits him from another size range, I will be greatful for any tips

3. Fashion-forward clothing. It's been kind of annoying to adjust to coming from the fashion doll hobby, where I could expect to have a bunch of options available to me for this. It's kind of slim pickings with BJDs. Most of the clothing styles I find are alternative/kawaii fashion...and even those look like they're a decade out of style. :horror: Compare to Pullip which has had actual lolita brand collaborations and yeah, kinda bummed. It's probably the biggest reason why I don't see my BJD collection growing past whatever dolls I have and have on the way right now. I'm not asking for Valentino Couture, just something other than plain old basics and fantasy/historical styles.

4. Fantasy style

I want to get a male doll but the clothing I like is limited to Ringdoll pretty much. I don't like normal people clothing or casual.

For my Fairyland girls I like fairyland fullsets but other fantasy types are hard to find. I like sexy fantasy so bh / bunny hearts is pretty much the only other doll clothing maker I like. I do like some corsets though.

Shoes I'm even pickier.. I like my Carols but that's about it. I've seen some pretty pink bow heels so I may get those. I usually keep my minifee's in lace stockings

5. For me, is mainly hard finding fantasy medieval clothing. I know a few people who make them, however it’s not sized for my dolls or it’s not what I am looking for. I like to see female armor like vests, cloaks, metal sholder blades,and leather metal skirt, but no one I know of has created any of these (as far as I know). I thought about making myself the outfits, I just think I am too lazy to ever do that.

6. Everything I'm fond of, namely neatly fitted suits and slender cut shoes, are solely available for SD only and I'm rather stubborn about sticking with MSDs haha. The clothing I'm sure I could eventually work out how to make on my own, but the shoes are another story entirely. I'd like my boys to at least have an option besides "clownishly chunky", but alas...

7. ... Honestly it’s usually whatever I’m looking for at the moment that evades me the most. That said, I wound up teaching myself Japanese style clothes because I never found exactly what I was looking for in the sizes I wanted! A lot of the kimono I found are fancy furisode or yukata, but I need a whole range of things, from basic wear to court outfits, and in specific colours. Plus, making them myself means that if I want to go off the wall, I can!

... I would absolutely love to buy a 1/6 kariginu set though because I’ve only half a clue how to make one...

8. I would love to find more purple and dark rose colors in MSD clothing,and flowing romantic dresses. I guess I'm kind of a relic or something because nobody else is into that style.

#648 DahliaDevere, Jun 5, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    9. Quite a list...

Victorian and Edwardian style clothing that isn't accurate looking in terms of fabric and style, has skirts of the correct length, isn't steampunked.

Shoes without chunky soles.

Shoes in classic and historical styles with heels that aren't stilettos

Boy clothes:

- Trousers that come up to the actual waist rather than being low slung.
      - Waistcoats that are long enough to completely cover the waistband of the trousers.
      - Suits (preferably that could pass for period styles) in natural fibres and nicer colours than grey, beige, and dark blue.
      - 18th Century suits with knee-britches rather than modern full length trousers.

Girl clothes:

- Dresses that come down to below the knee.
      - Clothes that have cotton lace rather than synthetic.
      - Ruffles that aren't left frayed and unfinished at the hem.
      - Clothes in fine enough fabric and natural fibres rather than synthetics.

That will do for a start

Teddy

10. Normal men’s clothes. No, I’m not kidding. I have 68 to 72cm dolls and I often want normal street clothes for them that aren’t tight (why are bjd clothes so tight?! Not everyone wears fitted clothing), or weird fashion with prints, studs, zips everywhere, leather trousers, short shorts, etc. A lot of the stuff is either too small or just stylised & meeting a certain aesthetic.

Clothes for the chunkier bodies! All clothes are super slender, so stuff marked SD or Uncle often doesn’t fit still.

11. THIS!
      Both of my 70cm dolls (a woman and a man) are supposed to wear tailored modern street clothing, but they end up looking like goofy teenagers whenever I put them in clothes meant for their size. Mo has two (TWO) pairs of black pants that are supposed to be utility-type cargos but they have SO. MANY. STRAPS! And weird studs! And poor Fia...she looks great in blouses and slim jeans but they only seem to come with bedazzled tears and loud screaming prints.

12. I have a lot of Dollshecraft David Kuncci and finding shoes for him is pretty much impossible, especially in the style I would like for him and he's got a very wide chest piece that most shirts can't fit around. There seems to be a plethora of clothes for MNF dolls though, and my Fairyland Rendia Claire always has multiple outfits lol.

13. I am having the weirdest hardest time finding tuxedos, of all things...I mean, they do exist, but they're all either cheap-looking or have all this extra fantasy froufrou crap. I just want a sleek, tailored tux set. Seems only Freedom Teller makes anything remotely like what I want, and even then their options are quite slim (still cursing myself for missing the Maestro suit rerelease....).

Also, requisite rant about the black leather J-rock style that used to be all the rage but now is nigh impossible to find. TT^TT (Though learning HZ is still selling all their classic clothes on their Taobao store is a major morale booster)

14. Well-fitting, well-made, and realistic clothes for my 60cm Lillycat girls' pear shapes! I don't want to dress them in frilly babydoll burlesque costumes -- I want trousers, skirts, blouses, and dresses for grown-up women, like the ones I see in shop windows right now. Thank goodness for the ONE Etsy seller who occasionally makes excellent jeans for 60cm Lillycats, though a lady cannot live in jeans alone.

15. Jeans for my MSDs! They used to be simple to find, but now I make my own.

Ever since I got my Dream of Teen doll, I've been looking for a business suit in her size. The closest I can get are school uniforms, which are very much not the same. *headdesk.*

16. Clothes for my Iplehouse FIDs in general. I actually bought my two based on a combination of liking their sculpts (Mari and Claude) *and* their outfits, because I've run into this before--my first Iplehouse was an nYID Andrew, and I adore him, but basically it was impossible to find clothes for him that weren't from IH. I now have an EID guy and it's so nice that there are so many more third-party clothing options for this size. Mostly I'm looking for military uniforms or tailored clothes (yes, there's Freedom Teller but ouch my wallet!), and I could kill for more sci-fi options but those seem thin on the ground.

17. I mostly only have SD boys and girls, but I do have one MSD, and two small anthros. They are all hard to shop for!

All of my human dolls wear casual modern clothing. That seems to be hard enough on its own, as most modern clothes I do find are styles they don’t wear (club wear, pastel, j-rock, formal, kimono,etc). I want jeans, t-shirts, band shirts, cartoon/movie shirts, denim and sport wear, and I’m extremely picky about quality. It has to be as good as clothes I’d buy for myself.

Clothes for the anthros are impossible and I’ve had to make them myself. They’re both antique dark circus themed, so style as well as size is hard, and with anthros having so many different sizes and proportions, I think it’s probably next to impossible to commission it either.

18. I have a 65Cm girl that I have trouble finding tops and pants that are longs enough and pants that fit well around her waist. I'm afraid to buy her shorts because I think they would way too short.

19. Fantasy SD stuff! My girl has literally 1 outfit cuz I can't find her anything ;-;

20. Here’s another vote for medieval/fantasy! The few things I sometimes find don’t seem to appeal to me, so I guess it’s time to dust off the old sewing machine and figure this out!