1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are hard to find that you would like to see more of

Mar 24, 2010

1. I second realistic-looking Victorian fashion.

Also, specific wigs for shelling ocs at a fair price.
      I love to support artists work, but I often can’t afford custom wigs! It’s strange how little variety I see on the non-custom market, but maybe that’s just me.

Also gothic clothing. I love that a lot.

2. I’ve been having a hard time finding a specific color of wigs. Apparently it’s really hard to find a teal/sea foam green wig that isn’t a miku wig.

I also would love more fantasy styled clothing. I’m going to end up having to break out my sewing machine to get the exact look I want for my OC.

3. I can’t find nice wings. Would gladly buy some

4. I would gladly pay for a "male" fitting dress for larger 70cm and above dolls, but I understand why it's not something that has enough interest for a larger company to make lol

5. 1950's style dresses, coats and clothes for a medium-busted female EID. I found someone on etsy that made a few dresses, which I promptly bought, but since then they haven't seemed to make any. I also looked here, and couldn't find any. :(

Ryu

6. There is an ebay seller in USA that sells doll clothes patterns for many different sized dolls, in the style you seek, plus other styles. I think the sellers name is 'Linda's hello dolly boutique'. There is also Designs by Jude (on Etsy too)
      Though, not sure if Designs by Jude have 50's style. There are gowns for EID, and many other beautiful patterns for many dolls.
      Then there is Lelahel (France I think)..awesome bjd doll outfits made to order. Unable to recall her website url, sorry to say. Dolloutfits.com (Magali Dawson), Awesome doll bjd doll clothing patterns, beautiful outfits. Stacy's Pink Ocean...though no 50's style, her rather beautiful doll clothing is made to order,
      customised to fit. Perhaps could contact and ask if she would make you the 50's style you seek :-) hope this helps. :-)

7. Oof, what I'd give for a selection of above midriff cut halter tops for males and females in SD size in a variety of colors, styles and materials. Whenever I find something close to what I'm looking for....it's MSD size or smaller. Also, I've got a girl who loves gothy, revealing cut tops that is very hard to shop for. I'd love to see more harness styled tops with lace or fabric covering the nip regions, as that's my girl's style. Also, harness/halter top hybrids would also be her jam (I can't think of any other way to describe it honestly).

I've also been having a hard time finding semi-harem styled trousers for my Legend of Korra SDs. I'd love to find some that are closer to the style they have in the show, and also made of a nicer fabric that's not just basic cotton. And no—I'm not looking for sweat pants, MC Hammer baggies or the Aladdin pants, I'm looking for that nice in-between (It's so frustrating being a novice sewer. I'd do them all myself if I knew where to begin with creating the patterns and sewing them myself).

8. Oh wow! Thank you so much, TimebeforeDawn! I'm going to check out all of your suggestions! :XD: I don't know how to use patterns, but maybe I can learn.

Ryu

9. I've been stymied by this too. There's only a few companies that even offer truly dark skin tones. The main I know being Dollshe, Granado and as you mentioned Iplehouse. And the dark resin is of course wildly more expensive. I admire Twigling dolls for the features and resin colors, I would have a dark Twigling girl but they are almost never available and at gone in the blink of an eye. Its a small shop if not a single artist so I don't blame them. But I kinda wish either more companies would have dark resin colors available or by some miracle they'd be cheaper.

10. Have you checked the patterns thread in the Workshop section? There's a lot of resources if you've got a bit of time to poke around

11. As far as dolls themselves go, I'd like to see more East Asian sculpts in all different size ranges. Despite the fact that they're often referred to as Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls, there's hardly any dolls that actually look Asian, and that's a shame, because it makes it quite hard to shell some of my characters.

12. More whimsical fantasy clothes for MSD. I'm currenty trying to find clothes for an upcoming doll and I want her in kind of 'gnomish' look, big funny hats, weird patchwork clothing, mushrooms sticking off random things, that kind of look. I can find some stuff for YOSD, but nothing for anything bigger! Also, viking clothes and accessories. My sister in law is trying to make a Viking woman and we are both coming up empty!

13. Me too!! I love the look of the fairyland Lucywen wings; I saw them for the first time on the human body when I was browsing youtube today and they are amazing! I feel like I need to find two now; so I can have the human and centaur. She is out of my reach sadly. So yes - more wings!

14. Probably should've noted that I don't have any understanding of constructing a pattern and working from it:XD::sweat I'm thinking I'll eventually take a sewing course so I can get a grasp of the basics (I do have a decent grasp on stitching/that sort of thing at least though).

To add to the topic: shoes that fit Dollshe 28M's feet. Especially sandals. Especially Romanesque strap-up sandals. Especially for bjds of a variety of size. I'd just like more sandal options in general.

15. You are most welcome Ryu, every success. :-) I know how difficult it is to find the style our dolls seek. :-)

16. I'm probably better off commisioning someone. I just looked at some patterns, and they looks incredibly confusing.*_*

Ryu

17. It is daunting at first. I learned to sew from patterns on American girl clothes. If you want to try definitely have a look at some videos to explain what the terms mean and the main techniques. Thing about sewing is no matter what garment your making the steps to do so are almost always the same.
      Once you know how to bring together the right seams, how to add pockets and linings and how to finish raw edges that's really all you need to know for most clothes. After that it's just having the right pattern and doing the steps in the right order.
      I hope this gave you a little re-assurance. :thumbup

18. Thank you, @PennyForTheGuy, I'll give learning how to use a pattern some consideration.

Honestly, I'd love to find vinyl pants and boots that don't flake off after a few years. I have a rockstar that loves to wear "leather" pants, but after ten years, some of them are flaking to death. :o:(

Ryu

19. Shoes for my SD10 boys (poor guys have to wear girl shoes sometimes), also clothing for them too.

20. I would love it if you could easily find oxfords shoes and boots for girls, no heels and all that jazz.