1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are hard to find that you would like to see more of

Mar 24, 2010

1. More Lishes :sweat I guess it was never a very popular mold, but now I don't see any at all!

2. I would absolutely love an MSD or SD sized telescope. I’ve had a look around online but I can’t seem to find anything that’s above 1/12 scale, which is a bit of a shame.

Lots of people have mentioned this but I would love more chubby sculpts, especially male ones - I have a character who I can’t seem to shell because there are very little sculpts that match his body type.

Finally, and I mentioned this on a thread yesterday, I would love to see more dolls with non-eurocentric features.

3. More unique dolls in the style of Dream Valley or Doll Chateau. I'm not a fan of the typical BJD style.

4. I'd love to see more dolls like those made by Dream Valley. Those MSD boys with dragon feet and wings are awesome.

I mostly collect mature tinies and it would be great if there were a few more choices available. I've got a character that size I want to re-shell, and there aren't a lot of tiny double jointed men with Asian faces.

5. Dollhouses for MSD or SD dolls and furniture

6. plain underwear.
      Everything I can find seems to be made with the intention of doing fancy lingerie photoshoot, but I just want a regular plain bra without lace and bows to put under my doll's clothes when she is wearing something a bit sheer or with a wide collar. :/
      Even most panties have bows on them which makes for weird lumps under tight clothes, but at least those are usually easy to remove.

7. Neck adapters- but ones so that SD heads can fit on MSD bodies. More dressing "paddles" for ALL sizes.

8. I'd really like to find a sword for my MSD- but everywhere I've looked, no luck. :(

9. Ooh, this is a good one! Just off the top of my head:
      - Male sculpts with easygoing smiles.
      - Male bodies that have some fat on them.
      - Female bodies that are muscular and/or top-heavy.
      - Cowboy hats. Seriously, where are all the BJD-sized cowboy hats???
      - Pirate-style eyepatches. See above.
      - YoSD clothes that aren't super froufrou.
      - Ethnic sculpts that are cartoony or otherwise not in the vein of Iplehouse's realism.
      - Clowny outfits.
      - Anything that will fit the big butts that indie bjds increasingly sport these days.

I suppose that for a lot of these, I could just learn to sew...but that doesn't appease the instant gratification worms in my brain, lol.

10. Adult male bodies that actually look realistic. I'm tired of seeing 10,000 muscles that don't exist on humans! (Also, all that Extreme Muscle Definition makes it really hard to get a natural pose, because it always looks like they're flexing for dear life) I can count on one hand the number of 70cm male bodies where the musculature is at all believable, and several of those bodies have the shoulder-to-hip ratio of a Dorito. (Reasons why the old Idealian72 body is and probably always will be my favorite...)

While I'm complaining about bodies, I also wish I could find more young girl bodies in the 50 or so centimeter range. Volks, Dollzone, Dollstown, and Alice in Labyrinth are pretty much the only companies that make this kind of body.

I'd also love to find a muscular female sculpt that didn't just have Abs Aplenty. More muscular female bodies in general, please! But especially muscular female sculpts with biceps! Muscular female sculps with small busts and strong pecs! Muscular female sculpts with broad hips and thighs you could cut diamonds on! MUSCULAR FEMALE BODIES, PLEASE!!!

And! Another thing!!

Food/tableware/etc props that are in scale for 70cm+ dolls! Holy crap, it is so difficult to find props that aren't comically tiny next to the big boys! And size creep means that many companies are transitioning from bodies that are 68-73cm tall to ones that are more in the 73-75cm range, which just makes the problem worse! Aaaaaaaaaa...!

11. There's some MSD dollhouses by American Girl on Amazon. I was tempted but I just don't have the space for something so huge.

12. more ethnic diversity, especially when it comes to noses and other facial features (skin tone diversity is getting better, but it hardly matters if the faces are still coded as white)

more readily available medieval and renaissance clothing that has not been pirate-ified or lolita-ified.

more gowns, robes, and even dresses for male dolls that aren't inherently sexualized or made entirely of lace.

13. Things that are more historically based, both outfits, wigs, shoes, furniture, etc..... Basically every category needs more historical items :)

14. Clothes that fit dolls slightly smaller than EID. I have a Ringdoll RGM03, Impldoll Idol, and Dollshe 28M L4 and it's so hard to find them clothes. EID are all just a little on the large side, which makes it hard to shop for all these guys. The problem is, that if it was all hoodies and jeans and t-shirts and sweaters I wouldn't care (and really that's all not super-available in EID anyway), but I need suits, or at least buttoned shirts and nice pants...and that doesn't look good when it's a little too big. And it's all SO expensive, and I don't want to throw down a small fortune on clothes only to have a massive wardrobe for my one EID - who is dressed like Batman most of the time anyway - because nothing fits anyone else.

Same problem with feet. I have several guys with similar enough sized feet they can all wear EID size, but then I have like, three that are a hair smaller, that swim in EID shoes, but are too big for everything else!

SIGH.

15. I feel like I've seen a lot of bad raschel lace used in doll outfits - I would prefer to see better quality lace used more consistently.

16. I'm super glad to see an increasing number of plus-size girl dolls out there (though please keep adding more)...but where can I find actual "plus-size" boy dolls?

17. I would like to have more vintage or historical clothes for SD.

18. I want more 3-4 and 4-5 alpaca and other natural fiber wig options. The ones that I find in that size range are normally popovy and really expensive and/or the natural fiber, less expensive, ones are normally too big. ;-;

19. Ah nice, didn't think about American girl doll. They're roughly the same size :D Thank you

20. Yesss, I'm having a hard time finding a mature male MSD less than 50cm to match my girls. It's been incredibly hard. :(