1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are hard to find that you would like to see more of

Mar 24, 2010

1. WIGS THAT DON'T HAVE BANGS

I always have the hardest time finding those- I'm not a big Bangs Fan, but almost all BJD wigs seem to have them! Is it an anime thing, or...?

2. I was JUST wig shopping. I feel this so flipping haaaaaaard

3. Yes, me too! I just got the most gorgeous faceup done on one of my girls; I don't want to hide those perfect Morticia Addams eyebrows! (Finally found one I liked on Dollyplanet.)

4. I think bangs are so very common is because they're an easy way to hide the wig line. I've started making my own wigs in part so I don't have to hunt for bangless wigs.

5. A lab coat. I would love a lab coat in MSD size, but no luck so far.

6. More variety in Uncle clothes. My big guys need love too.
      I have had to get much better at sewing the get them to have everyday clothes.

7. Yes!!! I don't want to have to collect 75+cm dolls to get a buff, adult male body. While we're at it, more mature faces in proper 1/3 scales too. Almost all sculpts are too boyish until you get over 70cm.

8. Cyborg/robot girls, the gritty kind. It looks like only Dlace makes them.

9. Green wigs, specifically matcha or grassy tones. I've been wanting them in at least three sizes. @.@;

10. Good alternative style clothes that aren't just edgy street wear. I know they are out there but wading through the stuff that is grouped in with it is exhausting

11. More happy looking male dolls. I feel like most have that “I don’t really care” look or just a neutral face, which is pretty, but I want more dolls that have a bright smile because not every character I have is cool or aloof.

12. I think they wouldn't sell at all so I've made peace with this in advance, but female fantasy sculpts with actual fantasy facial features. Elves that look fairy-like and weird, oni/goblins with bestial features, hybrid-looking anthros and so on. The DZ rabbits were really cool but there's very little else like that and I think DZ/DC are particularly daring.

13. Emo boys. How did they all disappear?! Bring them back!! :eusa_pray

14. Iplehouse CREAA line have a sort of alien like fairy vibe to them. Dream Valley and Miracle doll are also companies you might be interested in.

15. I did not know about Iplehouse's fantasy sculpts! I regret passing on (well I actually joined the hobby too late) the demon cat from Miracle Doll.

#875 lutke, May 10, 2024
      Last edited: May 10, 2024
    16. I can has SD drider that doesn't look like child?

...To be fair, that would probably be more trouble than it's worth, but I would also settle for a large MSD drider / small SD one. Preferably one that had the option to be either sex. Articulated drider figures are a rarity in general, despite being a fantasy trope staple.

It's already been said numerous times, but more plus-size dolls and muscular female dolls, please. Considerable progress has been made from where we started, but most bodies that are truly 'plus size' are limited / no longer produced, and there are still no male counterparts to the female options we do have. Muscular females are also largely confined to limited releases, save for a couple. We need more standard options!

17. More tiny wigs, eyes, clothes, and shoes for Pukipuki size. I have found a couple sources but it’s just not a lot of variety.

#877 NineOneThree, May 20, 2024
      Last edited: May 20, 2024
    18. Hello, it is I, me, doing another drive-by rant about lack of tiny clothes. I LOVE frills but could never wear them IRL (too much hassle, and not flattering to me) and I wish I could deck my dolls out in pretty frills. I am happy to pay a pretty penny for it. But all the actual high-quality doll dress makers seem to make MSD-sized frills at the smallest size. On the other end of the spectrum there are plenty of beautiful Blythe dress makers... and they're SO CLOSE in height and size to Yo-sized dolls! But for some reason for the 20-30 cm range in BJD doll clothes, despite the relatively standard sizes, there's only two-three that I know that make actual beautiful, in-scale frilly clothes (plenty at the mid-priced ranges, but I can't get over the oversized lace and details). And 90% of their offerings are dresses, which means my desire for two boy dolls is SOL.