Things You Hate Buying For Your Dolls

Jun 23, 2018

1. I hate buying wigs. They might eventually not fit or match my doll's image. Additionally, I have great difficulties finding a wig which is suitable or masculine enough for my only boy . The girls are fine as they could share the purchased wig if it doesn't fit or match the doll that it's originally meant for. Another major problem for me would be eyes. lol I have difficulties finding eyes with small iris for one of my sculpts. It took me almost 10 months before I stumbled upon a pair of eyes that suits/ fits her :mwahaha

2. @aomidori - From what I can tell, high-dome eyes became common back when most popular dolls were highly stylized with large eyes that the domes could actually fit in. They don't work so well in a lot of the more recent smaller-eyed sculpts. Unfortunately for some of us, high-dome are still common (especially when it comes to glass eyes), so if the seller doesn't show, specify, or give a choice, I suggest you assume they're high-dome.

To answer the OP - I've probably had the most frustration with eyes myself. I've recently had to reject several that turned out looking far darker or lighter than they appeared in the sales photos. If the eyes are supposed to be deep blue and they just appear black in most lighting conditions, well... that's a problem.

#322 Sianserais, Jan 14, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    3. @aomidori , if you're getting a lot of gapping, you might try looking for low dome eyes; there's also a couple of guides in the workshop about buying eyes (or at least for realistic ones), though in general, if you take the recommended size for your sculpt you can usually go up or down one size. The discussion threads for your dolls are great resources!

4. Shoes!! My doll is 1/3 sized, but his feet are the size of a 1/4 doll, so finding boots that fit both feet and legs is hard. I can’t afford new feet, but even if I could... I just love Rin’s feet. They’re so cute!

5. I really don't like buying shoes, there's never the style I want, or need, anywhere. If I should go and be lucky enough to find some then it's either the wrong size, colour, or sold out. Doll shoes man, bane of my existence.